Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Anyone here get into Cornell or Michigan who will also be going to either school's admitted-students days?

I'll be going to the Michigan admit days, though I haven't heard much beyond the initial email.

speaking of which, has anyone who was accepted at Penn received more information on funding? they said they would be sending the formal offers by mail and I have yet to receive anything...

just got an email--in at UCLA! I thought they were mostly done.

Only thing is that from the offer letter and forms it looks like they think I'm an international student (I was born outside the US). Maybe that's why it took so long--they might do international student admissions last. I'm going to try to clear things up on Monday with a phone call, although I hope that doesn't impact my offer!

good luck to the rest still waiting to hear back from UCLA, if there is anyone!

I'll be going to the Michigan admit days, though I haven't heard much beyond the initial email.

speaking of which, has anyone who was accepted at Penn received more information on funding? they said they would be sending the formal offers by mail and I have yet to receive anything...

Very cool. Did you get the second e-mail from Blaire? If not, I can forward it to you. It just has reimbursement info, etc. in it. She has also told me about the best time to get flights, etc. What is your subfield btw, if you don't mind me asking?

Very cool. Did you get the second e-mail from Blaire? If not, I can forward it to you. It just has reimbursement info, etc. in it. She has also told me about the best time to get flights, etc. What is your subfield btw, if you don't mind me asking?

Nope. I had emailed her asking her about gas reimbursement, but haven't heard back. I'd love it if you could forward it to me (I'll send you my email). I'm theory.

Jcross9, do you mind PM-ing me the email? I'm deciding if I should go, having more info'd be awesome.

Thanks loads!!!

Nope. I had emailed her asking her about gas reimbursement, but haven't heard back. I'd love it if you could forward it to me (I'll send you my email). I'm theory.

Nice--though I am an Americanist, I am also quite interested in theory. Just send me a personal message with your e-mail and I'll forward the stuff I have from Blaire.

I got my letter in the mail early this week. It said basically the same funding information that was described in the initial email from Hirschmann (i.e. the usual Ben Franklin Fellowship). Maybe they don't want to waste the postage because they assume you'll pick Chicago.

I also got in at UFL, and waitlisted for funding.

To the new UVA admit, how were you notified?

I got my letter in the mail early this week. It said basically the same funding information that was described in the initial email from Hirschmann (i.e. the usual Ben Franklin Fellowship). Maybe they don't want to waste the postage because they assume you'll pick Chicago.

I also got in at UFL, and waitlisted for funding.

To the new UVA admit, how were you notified?

Thanks for the info! I figured it would be about the same, but that's strange that I never received it. Hirschmann is beginning to do work on my area of research, so even if I end up elsewhere, I do want to speak to her, since it's (really) rare to find anyone doing that kind of work from a political theory/feminist theory perspective.

OMG!!! I got in with UVA!!! Burst with tears after this looooong wait. got rejected by MIT, Cornell and UPenn but all those dont matter now 'cause UVA has always been my favorite. Now whatever happens with Princeton and Harvard, I'm already relieved!!  
Huge congratulations!

What's this new UCLA admit?! Is this legit? Can anyone claim it?

No idea but it gave me a mini heart attack and induced a fit of email checking last night.

This is one of the few left that I have hope for...any info from the department on their timeline for making these final decisions would be appreciated!

No idea but it gave me a mini heart attack and induced a fit of email checking last night.

This is one of the few left that I have hope for...any info from the department on their timeline for making these final decisions would be appreciated!

I already claimed it! see my post on page 157. email came at 5:03pm west coast time.

just got an email--in at UCLA! I thought they were mostly done.

Only thing is that from the offer letter and forms it looks like they think I'm an international student (I was born outside the US). Maybe that's why it took so long--they might do international student admissions last. I'm going to try to clear things up on Monday with a phone call, although I hope that doesn't impact my offer!

good luck to the rest still waiting to hear back from UCLA, if there is anyone!

Oh snap... I'm also am American currently abroad.  Maybe they put my app in the wrong stack?  Maybe that explains the long silence?  MAYBE I'M GETTING IN? AHHHHHH

#gradschoolapplicantproblems

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the right timing for creating a rejected offers thread might be? My rational side tells me it's way too early for anyone to have made firm decisions, but my irrational side tells me I really want to know whether there's any chance of me getting off the waitlist at UPenn. 

Maybe people waitlisted elsewhere are having similar thoughts? Or, I'm just a ridiculous human being.