Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

University of Washington admission!

I've been contacted by email. My POI has told me that I've been accepted and that I'll receive official email-letter in the following days. My first admission (UTexas rejection and waiting for UNC's decision after having an interview last week). Although I've no news from UNC yet, I'm pretty sure that I'll be going to UW. 

Field: Comparative

International Student

I've been contacted by email. My POI has told me that I've been accepted and that I'll receive official email-letter in the following days. My first admission (UTexas rejection and waiting for UNC's decision after having an interview last week). Although I've no news from UNC yet, I'm pretty sure that I'll be going to UW. 

International Student

Congrats! 

Congrats RiffRam! Great news! More green please!

Thank you very much! :)

International Student

Congrats! Now I'm right back to refreshing my email!

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UNC? You all think they are done and sending out reject notifications?

I'm still waiting to hear something, although I'm sure it will be a reject at this point.

Looking at previous cycles, Northwestern has a tendency of sending out rejections over a few days... 

Yes...that seems odd, no?

Edited by CGMJ

Yes...that seems odd, no?

It seems to be the "it" thing to do in the midwest. If we compare what is going on at other schools in the area (for example, there are still tons of people who haven't heard from Minnesota or Chicago despite the fact that acceptances and rejections have been sent out), it is completely normal. 

International Student

Congrats!

It seems to be the "it" thing to do in the midwest. If we compare what is going on at other schools in the area (for example, there are still tons of people who haven't heard from Minnesota or Chicago despite the fact that acceptances and rejections have been sent out), it is completely normal. 

Maybe, but it seems reasonable for UChicago 'cause we know that there's the bumping of your application to the MA program if your app isn't accepted in the first round. As for Minnesota - I think people who are still waiting should call because it could be a waitlist thing or they could've forgotten names on the mass email (like how Cornell forgot to send me mine until I asked for it).

However, the spreading out of rejections over three consecutive days seems both like a waste of time (clearly the decisions have been made since they've already sent out acceptances) and unnecessarily anxiety inducing.

Anywho, you'd think by now schools would have realized that with online forums like GradCafe it'd save them a heck of a lot of time in responding to emails and calls if they just posted everything on the same day!

Hi All,

I've been dropping in on this thread the last few weeks (re:lurker), but I admit I'm still a bit confused as to how the waitlisting aspect of the response process works. Could someone clarify/affirm/explain...

Assuming that both acceptances and rejections have already gone out (based on the posts here), if one does not receive an outright rejection letter does that necessarily mean that one has been waitlisted? (barring, as someone noted, the (hopefully unusual) instance in which they have forgotten to add your name to that mass rejection email).  Will the message center of these websites say "waitlisted"? Or is that something one finds out only by calling?

I suppose I'm just wondering about how exactly this 'waitlist business' works...

I suppose I'm just wondering about how exactly this 'waitlist business' works...

My understanding is that notification (or not) and admissions from the list are pretty school-dependent.

Really what it boils down to is that nothing for you has changed. There is no decision and you just need to wait longer. It signals that the program considers you very well qualified, but we all know by now that's not enough.