Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

I didn't see this mentioned yesterday, but I found out that a girl from my school got a Full Grant to Canada! I'm very happy for her, but I do not envy of having to live through a Canadian winter come November.

Anyone else think the first Friday in April sounds particularly fortuitous for Fulbright notifications? 

I didn't see this mentioned yesterday, but I found out that a girl from my school got a Full Grant to Canada! I'm very happy for her, but I do not envy of having to live through a Canadian winter come November.

Anyone else think the first Friday in April sounds particularly fortuitous for Fulbright notifications?

Totally agree! Maybe today is the day...

Edited by OTL2012

Friday the fifth: will Fulbright finalists finally be free from frustration??

With a country like the one to which I am applying, there is no telling when it will send out notifications.  I could also be here in May.   :) Have you been to Estonia? The closest I have ever been to Estonia was within one mile of its border in Russia.  My cell phone thought I was in Estonia.  (I apologize if this has already been discussed, that was a many pages ago).   :)

Yes, I have! I have visited three times. About two weeks each time. I started doing mission work there in 2011. This last time I went to the University of Tartu and met some folks, made new friends, visited old friends. It was great! I got to speak to a class about campaign work. I am really hoping to get to do my research there.

I was almost in Russia, we went to Narva on one of my trips. One of my friends lives in the Russian speaking part of Estonia. We were all sitting around the dinner table and he was having conversations in three languages at the same time. It was hilarious! I am hoping to take a couple of days and go to St. Petersburg.

Telegram, carrier pidgeon, smoke signal...I would take anything at this point.

Hogwarts owl, maybe? Because this whole process makes so little sense that I think there would have to be some magic involved!!!

Congrats to edyrdahl on your acceptance!! That is fantastic, albeit crazy, that you got it in the mail!! :)

wtf norway. must be gettin all distracted eating potatoes and cross country skiing
I wouldn't doubt it. Have you seen this video? http://youtu.be/ebqdwQzmSHM In all seriousness though, norway gave their stuff to the FSB at the end of January. We're just waiting on them!

I was thinking the same thing today about your country. Hopefully you will find out soon! Fingers crossed for ya!   *that sounded creepy and stalker-ish, I was just trying to figure out who would be here until May, like me.
Haha not creeper ish at all. I hope I'm not here till may! And I hope you find out earlier!

I'm a finalist still waiting on Belgium... Does anyone know where to find the dates they notified last year? I need to accept or decline a position in the Teaching Assistant Program in France by April 21.

Edited by manofthehoff

Whaaa??? It came through snail mail?

Anyways, mucho congratulaciones. ¡Enhorabuena! 

Yeah...my wife kept calling and calling while I was completing TA responsibilities. She knew I was busy, so I figured it was something like she had gotten into a car accident. Needless to say, this was far better news!

Wait, they can still send acceptance via snail mail? I don't live at my permanent address...

Yes, though most send emails. Snail mail is a possibilty.

Here is the Google doc with dates, look at the bottom and click on the tab that says "past notification dates." https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmoTe-gJd4B9dFJ0aW1mYTVkYnhKcUEzR28yRTNwdlE#gid=1

Here is the Google doc with dates, look at the bottom and click on the tab that says "past notification dates." https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmoTe-gJd4B9dFJ0aW1mYTVkYnhKcUEzR28yRTNwdlE#gid=1

Thanks! Great, Belgium has notified anywhere between Feb. 25 and April 20. If I'd been an applicant last year I would have found out two weeks ago!

Thanks! Great, Belgium has notified anywhere between Feb. 25 and April 20. If I'd been an applicant last year I would have found out two weeks ago!

You can unofficially blame the sequester, maybe. Or maybe they are enjoying fish and potatoes.

Another Belgium applicant! hello!

My FPA told me at the end of February that last year's applicants heard back March 5th--neglecting to add that in previous years, they've heard back as late as mid-April... So grateful for having found this forum for the spreadsheet data. Not that knowing I might have to wait a few more weeks makes it any easier...

First-time poster, full-time lurker. 

All of this talk about fish and potatoes inspired me to join the conversation. I, too, am patiently waiting to hear back on a full grant to Norway. Good luck to all! *High Fives*  B)

Welcome! Love your screen name!

First-time poster, full-time lurker. 

All of this talk about fish and potatoes inspired me to join the conversation. I, too, am patiently waiting to hear back on a full grant to Norway. Good luck to all! *High Fives*  B)

It looks like all of the Norwegian applicants are coming out of the woodwork. I'm waiting for it too, and I'm hoping to hear this afternoon. Every past year has been notified the last friday of March or the first friday of April so... I just need to know so I can get on with my life haha. The waiting is killer.

It looks like all of the Norwegian applicants are coming out of the woodwork. I'm waiting for it too, and I'm hoping to hear this afternoon. Every past year has been notified the last friday of March or the first friday of April so... I just need to know so I can get on with my life haha. The waiting is killer.
Muahaha I've lured you all out into the open with my YouTube videos. I seriously hope you're right about hearing today.

I wouldn't doubt it. Have you seen this video? http://youtu.be/ebqdwQzmSHM In all seriousness though, norway gave their stuff to the FSB at the end of January. We're just waiting on them!

hahahaah this is great. oh man. and WHAT so it's not even Norway's fault! Come ON FSB!! And hi, LurkersAreTheWorst and eekes. !

Edited by becchamm