Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

I am still waiting.  Based on past notifications, I could hear anywhere between March 28th and April 26th...

Also a Russkie applicant, yea? I'm looking at last year's date of the 11th, trying to be optimistic we'll hear a little earlier...

In case anyone was wondering, I know someone who was moved today to accepted from alternate. Just in case anyone was interested.

Anything is possible!

That's so bizarre! They can do that??

OMG!! Such a great idea...I think holding a panda might just be all the therapy a person could ever need in this life. Pandas are such noble creatures. If I do end up going I will make sure to go to Chengdu and then check out the pandas. I've always sort of thought about them as the manatees of the land - just big soft lovable slow-moving and, sadly, vulnerable creatures. 

Just a heads up, I think it costs somewhere in the range of like.. $200 just to hold one for like 10 minutes. Totally worth it, IMO. Baby pandas are my favorite animal ever!! Red pandas are a close second though... Maybe you could hold a red panda for a bit less :)

It would be awesome to at least go and see it!! I'm sure you could see the pandas through glass or something if you didn't want to cough up that much money! As I said, it's on my bucket list, so I would TOTALLY do it!! I sure hope you get your award!!!!!! And not just because I want to you to go to the Panda reserve :P:)

Edited by there'sanappforthat

Malaysia ETA 2014!!!!

Made the mistake of opening the email in class and completely lost it!

In case anyone is still debating who's sending them, mine was sent from IIE and said

"Shortly you will receive a letter from the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board with further details of the award." - snail mail

Good luck to everyone still waiting and I wish you all the very best in whatever comes next, regardless of what the email says. Although I wasn't a very active participant in this forum it was a really great source of information and just a good way to remind myself that I wasn't completely by myself in all of this.

Hope to see some of you in Malaysia next year!!

Aweeesomeeeee!!! Congrats! So exciting :) :)

I have heard that last year a few heard from Turkey on April 5th, but the majority heard on May 15th. I CANNOT WAIT THAT LONG.

I'm waiting on turkey as well. How is separating like that a thing? 

Also a Russkie applicant, yea? I'm looking at last year's date of the 11th, trying to be optimistic we'll hear a little earlier...

I have actually applied for Georgia.  I considered applying for Russia, though.  Yeah, I hope we both hear before too long. 

I have actually applied for Georgia.  I considered applying for Russia, though.  Yeah, I hope we both hear before too long. 

apologies, I am being too Russo-centric :) Georgia sounds amazing, and you'd definitely eat better than those in the cold, hard north. 

Accepted as an ETA in Malaysia!!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Congratulations!! I look forward to meeting all of you! Should we make a Facebook group since there will be so many of us?

Also, has anyone considered making a general Fulbright 2013-2014 Facebook group?

Congratulations!! I look forward to meeting all of you! Should we make a Facebook group since there will be so many of us?

Also, has anyone considered making a general Fulbright 2013-2014 Facebook group?

Although I haven't heard my final decision-- my country is a small competition and it might be difficult for me to connect with others, if I were to get the award, so I'd definitely be in for a general Fulbright FB group

I have not heard back yet either, but a general group is a great idea! A lot of Fulbrighters keep blogs of their year abroad and I'd love to read them. I'd also be curious to hear about everyones' projects in depth. Even something as simple as sharing packing tips would be great. 

Very ready to hear back something/anything for the MTVU grants!

Me too. very little seems to be known about the mtvU process/timeline from here on out. :-/ I sent an email a few days ago to ask about it, but haven't heard back yet. double :-/

People in the National Scholarship Office at my university seem to think there might not be rounds for this program and that we'll just hear back straight up as to whether or not we've won. Makes sense I guess, as I don't think the countries we're applying will have to tell someone else "no" just because they're telling us "yes." Or, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Yay waiting!

Damn you blizzard fan club!  I open my email and see one new email!  ah...not from fulbright but oooh, blizzard fan club!  I'll take a buy one get one blizzard!  except it's just an advertisement for their new blizzard flavor, which sounds delicious...chocolate covered pretzel, but for real, throw me a frickin' bone here!

Two questions:

(1) Did anybody else here apply for Tanzania?  If so, do you have an estimate of when we should hear back?

(2) On the Fulbright Statistics site: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/studyresearch-grant-application-statistics, does anybody know if the "Applications" number is the total number of applications, or just the ones forwarded to the last stage?  

If the latter is the case, does that mean that only half of the total has been forwarded to the Final-round committee?

Thanks.

It's so quiet on here...must mean something's about to happen, right? Refresh, refresh, refresh...

The calm before the storm.... come on, Bosnia!!!!!!

Damn you blizzard fan club!  I open my email and see one new email!  ah...not from fulbright but oooh, blizzard fan club!  I'll take a buy one get one blizzard!  except it's just an advertisement for their new blizzard flavor, which sounds delicious...chocolate covered pretzel, but for real, throw me a frickin' bone here!

oh my. thansk for making me think of ice cream :( :( trying not to eat junk..

At first I thought you meant an email from Blizzard, the software/gaming company. They made WoW and Diablo, i was going to say, oooh man... trhey got you addicted ?!