Applications for Fall 2013!

I found out 10 days after I applied I got into NYU with an academic scholarship.. that was in September when there were probably less applications... but they are generally quick to reply.. I would think within two weeks.

Let me rephrase-- I see that you got accepted on 1/29 so just curious if that application also got submitted in September? Long time to wait for a response if it did Thanks!

Edited by MSWgradcandidate

By the way, when did you submit your app for Fordham? I see that you got accepted on 1/29 so just curious. Thanks!

I submitted on September 28 for all the NYC schools.. so the wait is getting the worst of me!

And when I applied to NYU the turnaround time may have been a lot quicker because I applied so early-- don't get negative on yourself! good luck!

I submitted on September 28 for all the NYC schools.. so the wait is getting the worst of me!

And when I applied to NYU the turnaround time may have been a lot quicker because I applied so early-- don't get negative on yourself! good luck!

Got it..thanks and disregard my last reply... I realized right afterwards that you had indeed sent in September. That stinks!! OMG, so sorry that you have had to wait so long! But you're in three great schools already, so you have options, awesome!

I'm getting nervous too, loosing hope actually. I called them today and asked a general question about my situation without providing a name. Basically, my application status says completed as of 1/10, but I noticed that the status to "in for review" changed somewhere around 1/25 or so. The person from their office said that it is basically a 6-8 week wait from the date that is says "completed". But, if others are hearing so much faster, it makes me think that I am either waitlisted or going to be rejected. I don't want to think negatively, but I do have to prepare myself psychologically...

Just looked back at my page- my application has been complete for about 8 weeks but the status changed to under review 1 week ago. I'm not sure what to think...

Hi! Ya I did. I heard back the other day that I was also accepted. I know UT Austin is an amazing school and city but UT Knoxville is also a good school and close to family so I really don't know which one I would choose if I were to get into both. But I am hoping for options. :)

Options are always good!  We just moved to the Knoxville area in May when my husband took a job with UT, so that's the only school I applied to.  I know you said you have family nearby, but if you have any questions about the place, let me know and I'll try to answer them.  Good luck!

I just got an email back from SC saying they expect to send out decisions in early to mid-April. I specifically asked about the Jan. 15 apps, but I'm hoping she was talking about the March 15 ones. That seems ridiculously late for a deadline in January. Anyone else hear anything?

Did you mean to write USC? I'm still waiting to hear back from them and I submitted my application in December. 

I spoke to my USC Admissions counselor today regarding my app for the May cohort. I don't know if it will make much of a difference but I applied to the Virtual Campus. The review board is about two weeks behind schedule we should hopefully know something by the end of the month/early March. Good luck!

I spoke to my USC Admissions counselor today regarding my app for the May cohort. I don't know if it will make much of a difference but I applied to the Virtual Campus. The review board is about two weeks behind schedule we should hopefully know something by the end of the month/early March. Good luck!

Good afternoon Jamie,

That's good to hear. I applied for their on campus program in Orange County, CA. I was thinking early April, but if they get back to us in March :) that would be even better. :) 

got accepted today to csulb. its feb 7 

CONGRATS!!!! :) 

I called earlier, and they said my application was complete on Jan 30th. and that it take 4-8 weeks after that.. hopefully I get the same amazing news as you! 

May I ask when your application was completed?

Definitely sooner would be better than later!

Good afternoon Jamie,

That's good to hear. I applied for their on campus program in Orange County, CA. I was thinking early April, but if they get back to us in March :) that would be even better. :)

Edited by JamieH

I heard back from Berkeley today and it wasn't terrible news but not the greatest of news either. I applied for the MSW/MPH concurrent degree program and was informed by email today that I wasn't accepted into the concurrent program. However since I noted on my application that I would still like to be considered for the MSW program alone if not accepted to the concurrent program, they are forwarding my application to the MSW Admission Committee. This is my first admissions decision from a program that I've applied to and I'm feeling a little worried now.

I'm still very much interested in attending as an MSW student at Berkeley and I'm a little nervous that my application might be looked at differently since it was clear I originally intending on pursuing the concurrent program. The email I received said to let them know if I was no longer interested- which is definitely NOT the case! So I'm thinking about calling/emailing admissions to emphasize my continued interest in the program. Since it's Friday and the office is closed, I have the weekend to collect myself and think things over. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or advice???

Definitely sooner would be better than later!

So they responded to my email and told it should be 2-4 months from the date I submitted my USC application :( which I submitted it on the 1st of Dec

Edited by Adri.H

CONGRATS!!!! :)

I called earlier, and they said my application was complete on Jan 30th. and that it take 4-8 weeks after that.. hopefully I get the same amazing news as you! 

May I ask when your application was completed?

Not sure...I sent it in Jan 5, 6 or 7th...and heard back 4 weeks later. It was really soon! I have so surprised! I hope you get in. I called them and ask what their acceptance percentage is this year and they said about 12%. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello everyone,

I received my acceptance email to CSUF today. I wish you all the best of luck.  :) Still waiting to hear from some other schools, but CSUF was my first choice. 

That's great to hear - I applied for Fall Cohort and my application was submitted to faculty last Wednesday.  I was told 2-6 weeks, but probably more on the 6 week side.  So hoping I hear by mid March.  Maybe??  I also applied to Virtual Campus.

Hey everybody. Congrats to those who have already begun receiving admissions notifications. It must be a good feeling. 

I applied to the concurrent msw/mph program at Berkeley for fall 2013. A few days ago I received an email from the Social Welfare Dept informing me that my application advanced to the final review process for the program, so I guess I'm still in contention. Did anyone else get this email? I think there's a few folks on this forum who are currently in that program. Any pearls of wisdom you'd care to share about your experience so far would be much appreciated.