Applications for Fall 2013!

Just curious if anyone accepted to Fordham also received any type of scholarship? Thx!

Hey,

They give up to 5,016 per year for the 2013-2014 semester, and it's need based only. If your EFC is lower than 10,000 you qualify for some aid. You can call and speak to the financial aid office for specific details regarding your personal situation.  I actually went and visited the school, and the financial aid assistant I spoke with told me I will get the full 5,016$ so that was a big help. 

Hey,

They give up to 5,016 per year for the 2013-2014 semester, and it's need based only. If your EFC is lower than 10,000 you qualify for some aid. You can call and speak to the financial aid office for specific details regarding your personal situation. I actually went and visited the school, and the financial aid assistant I spoke with told me I will get the full 5,016$ so that was a big help.

Thanks for that, helpful to know!

You might be able to find some more info in the other forums too: CSU's: Anyone accepted yet? & MSW programs in the Bay Area & CSU'S: Fall 2013

I have viewed those forums nothing:(  Thanks for responding 

Soo.. how long did UCLA give everyone to get back to them. I got my acceptance from them earlier this week, but they said I would get a separate letter from my specialization that would tell me when I needed to accept? I found this confusing.

Soo.. how long did UCLA give everyone to get back to them. I got my acceptance from them earlier this week, but they said I would get a separate letter from my specialization that would tell me when I needed to accept? I found this confusing.

That's strange, I received my acceptance letter a few weeks back and it notes April 15th as the deadline date so probably safe to say you have until then to decide as well.

I still have not received the confiirmation email from UCLA's graduate division but I spoke with the admissions officer who said it just takes some time for the system to process and that I have indeed been accepted.  Stil a little nervous (not sure why)...

Did you receive an email from the grad division or have you been accepted via the decision status login on their website?

Anyone else still anxious to hear back from UW this week? I'm hoping they don't make us wait until the last day, at the last minute again. :/

I hope not!! I'm wondering if they will be sending rejections via email as well..or postal. So nervous!

I hope not!! I'm wondering if they will be sending rejections via email as well..or postal. So nervous!

It seems like they are trying to do everything via email but we will see! This wait has been painful!

For anyone still waiting on Columbia, I finally got an email back today saying that Faculty are working diligently to try to get them all done ASAP and she offered to send my name to the Director of Admissions to expedite the process. I wasn't given any deadlines, but at least I know it will be soon! We should all expect decisions soon!

Haha not a problem. And thank you! Have you decided where you will be attending?

Yes, I'm pretty positive I will be attending Fordham University :) [i accepted their offer of admission a week ago] I haven't declined DU yet because I got a scholarship, that's going to be hard haha. I loved both programs but I'm excited about Fordham & NYC!

Good luck at UW! :)

Yes, I'm pretty positive I will be attending Fordham University :) [i accepted their offer of admission a week ago] I haven't declined DU yet because I got a scholarship, that's going to be hard haha. I loved both programs but I'm excited about Fordham & NYC!

Good luck at UW! :)

No :/ still nothing here.

Sigh.. Hopefully soon. I don't feel too confident though. I'm in state and did my undergrad there and they don't accept many undergrads into their grad programs

Sigh.. Hopefully soon. I don't feel too confident though. I'm in state and did my undergrad there and they don't accept many undergrads into their grad programs

That's what other previous applicants told me too- but I spoke and worked on my application with someone in the SW admissions office and she said that she wasn't aware of that. Nonetheless, I'm not feeling too confident myself- it's so competitive!

I wish they would just tell us already!

That's what other previous applicants told me too- but I spoke and worked on my application with someone in the SW admissions office and she said that she wasn't aware of that. Nonetheless, I'm not feeling too confident myself- it's so competitive!

I wish they would just tell us already!

Well, that's a bit reassuring. I assume you went to the U as well?

Also, did you apply early or regular deadline?