Applications for Fall 2013!

Got into Fordham today! I got a phone call and then an e-mail of acceptance! 6 for 6. No idea how to make this decision, eek. Though it was between UIC and Ohio State but Fordham is looking pretty good now...

That's outstanding! Congrats!! Good problem to have. :-)

I just got an email that I got into UW!! That was my first and only choice since I wouldn't be able to relocate due to my family situation. I applied at the regular deadline so those of you who also did, be in the lookout! Good luck to all future MSWs out there!!

I just got an email that I got into UW!! That was my first and only choice since I wouldn't be able to relocate due to my family situation. I applied at the regular deadline so those of you who also did, be in the lookout! Good luck to all future MSWs out there!!

Congrats!! I got another email as well...though it appears to be the exact same email I received on Friday except this time they posted a link for me to decline or accept my offer. Sounds like they are sending out another round of notifications--good luck to those who are waiting!

Congrats in Fordham! Still waiting... Ugh! So they send an email at all or u just have to keep checking your VIP page?

Got into Fordham today! I got a phone call and then an e-mail of acceptance! 6 for 6. No idea how to make this decision, eek. Though it was between UIC and Ohio State but Fordham is looking pretty good now...

Thanks!! I think it's different for everyone. I know when you fill out the online app they ask if you want to be notified by email or postal mail and I chose email. But as you can see almedina got a call and email which is cool!

Hopefully I will be getting a follow up email soon, but I checked the VIP page everyday :)

Almedina, what information was included in your email, if you dont mind me asking? And, does the cost of attendance link work on your VIP page? -I was having difficulties. 

Just got accepted to UCLA, which is my first choice.

Applied: CSULA, USC, UCLA, CSUN

Accepted: CSULA, USC, UCLA

Have withdrawn application to CSUN.

congrats! when did you apply? I'm still anxiously waiting, turned mine in Jan 6th

congrats! when did you apply? I'm still anxiously waiting, turned mine in Jan 6th

I applied by the December 15th date.  Although my GRE scores did not arrive until a few days after the 15th so I'm not certain if they treated my application as early decision or regular.  I received a letter by regular mail.  GOOD LUCK!  It seems decisions trickle in over a two-month period.

I applied by the December 15th date.  Although my GRE scores did not arrive until a few days after the 15th so I'm not certain if they treated my application as early decision or regular.  I received a letter by regular mail.  GOOD LUCK!  It seems decisions trickle in over a two-month period.

thank you! hopefully I'll know by the middle of the month

Antigonabaires, when did you submit your application for the regular deadline? I'm eager to hear but submitted just a day before the deadline. Thanks and congrats!

Congrats! You said you applied regular deadline, but did you apply advanced standing or for the 2 year program? 

Antigonabaires, when did you submit your application for the regular deadline? I'm eager to hear but submitted just a day before the deadline. Thanks and congrats!

Congrats! You said you applied regular deadline, but did you apply advanced standing or for the 2 year program? 

Thanks!

I submitted my application on December 17th. I wasn't expecting to hear back from them until late March. Rbow12, you may get your email anytime!

I applied to the 2 year day program, and the Extended Degree Program was my second choice. I got into the Day Program.

I hope you guys have news soon - the wait is exhausting!

All the best to everyone!

Congrats, everyone!! So far I have been accepted to UT Austin and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I've lived in Chicago my whole life so I think I'm ready to try something new - anyone accepted to/strongly considering Austin's program?

Congrats, everyone!! So far I have been accepted to UT Austin and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I've lived in Chicago my whole life so I think I'm ready to try something new - anyone accepted to/strongly considering Austin's program?

I am about 90% sure im going to UT's program. I did my undergrad in Austin at a private university there, and it is an amazing city. If you have any questions about Austin, feel free to PM me!

I've been on "Final Review" since Thursday for the U of MN. Getting really nervous, because I know they sent their rejections for the PhD program out first.

I'm in the same situation as you, regarding the "Final Review."

Also, wouldn't it put you more at ease to know they send out rejections first? Maybe this whole dragging-it-out-process is for acceptances! I don't know -- crossing my fingers.

Edited by obesemuffins

Hi guys, 

i got accepted by Upenn, BC & NYU but I just couldn't decide which program is the best. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or similar experience?

Thanks and GOOD LUCK everyone! 

Hi, I got accepted to Upenn and NYU as well (in addition to Columbia and BU). I think all programs are strong, but you need to think about factors including  the specific program/focus and location. Where could you see yourself living most after you graduate? It often helps to attend a school where you may want to live afterwards. Also, NYU is strongly clinical so if you want to do clinical that could be a good option. However, if you are unsure you may want to consider Upenn or BC. BC has a focus on global issues I remember from when I visited. The campus itself is in the suburb though. I thought UPenn has a beautiful campus and the faculty seemed very nice but I have heard some issues concerning the field placement office and such. Ultimately my first choice was Columbia as I decided I really want to be in a city, specifically NYC more than the other locations; and I feel Columbia has a more flexible, rich curriculum in terms of course offerings and activities on campus. Best of luck to you!

Anyone know the time frame for hearing anything back from Ohio State? My application has said "Your application has been sent to the graduate program for academic review." since last Thursday? I'm getting anxious! 

Congrats to everyone who has good news so far!

Anyone else having a hard time deciding? I got into UT, BC, and SDSU.. Still waiting on UCLA... I love Austin as a city and I love their program, but part of me wants to pick up and move somewhere completely new. However,  I would be leaving a longterm boyfriend and many friends behind in Texas. Having a very hard time with this.

Hi, I got accepted to Upenn and NYU as well (in addition to Columbia and BU). I think all programs are strong, but you need to think about factors including  the specific program/focus and location. Where could you see yourself living most after you graduate? It often helps to attend a school where you may want to live afterwards. Also, NYU is strongly clinical so if you want to do clinical that could be a good option. However, if you are unsure you may want to consider Upenn or BC. BC has a focus on global issues I remember from when I visited. The campus itself is in the suburb though. I thought UPenn has a beautiful campus and the faculty seemed very nice but I have heard some issues concerning the field placement office and such. Ultimately my first choice was Columbia as I decided I really want to be in a city, specifically NYC more than the other locations; and I feel Columbia has a more flexible, rich curriculum in terms of course offerings and activities on campus. Best of luck to you!

Hi, Thank you so much for your advice! I want to be in a city so now my choice is between NYU and Upenn. I loved Upenn when I visited, the campus was beautiful and the faculty was really nice! Can you say more about the issue with the field placement office? I can send you a message or something, that would be really helpful!! Thanks again! 

Have you heard anything? I've called and emailed but I haven't heard back.

Still no word, the admissions person who was looking into what happened to early decision applicants that weren't notified is out for the rest of the week!  No one in the office is able to follow-up.  I guess worse case scenerio, some early decision got pushed into the regular decision pool for whatever reason.  The waiting continues.  Makes me with they just stuck with one deadline! 

Anyone know the time frame for hearing anything back from Ohio State? My application has said "Your application has been sent to the graduate program for academic review." since last Thursday? I'm getting anxious! 

Congrats to everyone who has good news so far!

It took me about 4 weeks. My application was complete (sent for academic review) around early January and I heard back the first week of February.