Applications for Fall 2013!

Just got notified via email that I got into USC! Woohoo!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what letter does your last name start with? I heard they are doing it in alphabetical order and I'm really anxious about not having heard back yet.

Edited by Lizalicious

If you don't mind me asking, what letter does your last name start with? I heard they are doing it in alphabetical order and I'm really anxious about not having heard back yet.

Could they really be doing it in alphabetical order? I'm in the same boat as you, haven't heard anything and starting to get pretty nervous. And if it IS last name, I'm a G so that's not so promising... people keep asking about when apps were turned in so I figured that might be it (I turned mine in the day before the early consideration deadline, so who knows). 

Could they really be doing it in alphabetical order? I'm in the same boat as you, haven't heard anything and starting to get pretty nervous. And if it IS last name, I'm a G so that's not so promising... people keep asking about when apps were turned in so I figured that might be it (I turned mine in the day before the early consideration deadline, so who knows). 
I just heard that that could be a possibility and wanted to believe it because I'm an S and it's my "dream" school. I know of a J that got in already though, and since you're a G, I suppose that's probably not the method they're taking. I also know of another person that was rejected, so I have no idea what route they're taking. I turned in my app on Jan 12, and my last recommender submitted on Jan 15. That was pretty close to the deadline, so maybe it's literally first come, first served?

If USC really goes by last names, I'm a "T" so that's good. I already know that some people with a "J", "K",and "M" got accepted. We'll see. But it is unlikely though. They prob go by first come first served. I turned in my app on Jan 8th... Hopefully, I'll get an email soon so I can just not think about it during my trip to Paris next week. :/

To those that asked about my USC admittance:

I applied 2 days before the priority deadline. Last name starts with an "M".

Good luck to you all who are still waiting!

-KMED

I just heard that that could be a possibility and wanted to believe it because I'm an S and it's my "dream" school. I know of a J that got in already though, and since you're a G, I suppose that's probably not the method they're taking. I also know of another person that was rejected, so I have no idea what route they're taking. I turned in my app on Jan 12, and my last recommender submitted on Jan 15. That was pretty close to the deadline, so maybe it's literally first come, first served?

It's still a possibility, S. Me not having been accepted yet as a G certainly doesn't rule it out. I guess if someone out there got a rejection and we haven't yet, that's still good news, But I'm definitely getting frustrated and worried. I just want to know already!!! 

It's still a possibility, S. Me not having been accepted yet as a G certainly doesn't rule it out. I guess if someone out there got a rejection and we haven't yet, that's still good news, But I'm definitely getting frustrated and worried. I just want to know already!!! 
I totally feel you, it's stressing me out more with every day that passes. We have to have confidence and force ourselves to be patient.

To those that asked about my USC admittance:

I applied 2 days before the priority deadline. Last name starts with an "M".

Good luck to you all who are still waiting!

-KMED

Did you hear back via email or mail?

I applied to Fordham and my application was complete on 2/5/13.... This is my number one choice and I am SOOO nervous. I got accepted to Adelphi in January but got denied from Hunter on 3/4. After getting rejected from Hunter I am SO nervous about Fordham. Anyone have any helpful words? Or has anyone been excepted yet!?!

Hello! I was the one who got accepted 03/4 & my application was complete on 01/14. The wait was the worst but I was elated when the news finally came, just hang in there!! I will be in attendance at the online information session this tues. & i will be visiting on march 27th-30th with my family. I can't wait and will have more info to offer by then.  I've actually sent in my statement of intent & deposit, though :D

Good luck and I will be sure to add any helpful information when I can :) 

Hi everyone! I am freaking out about Columbia. I know some people got in a few weeks ago and I am beginning to think my chances are pretty slim. I also really need to start making decisions and I'm pretty much at a loss without this decision. Has anyone gotten in in the past week? Does anyone have info? I'm freaking! :(

Edited by CrazyColleen

I got a letter from UW Seattle about sending in $250 deposit. I just can't. If I have to submit the deposit before I hear back about aid, I will have to disqualify it as an option.

That's how one of my options is as well. I have to let them know in two weeks but they won't let me know what my financial aid package is until after I accept...

Has anyone else gotten accepted to USC MSW Fall 2013? I am gettinf nervous! I called last night, she put me on hold came back and said my file was still in "review." I felt that code word for "denied."

Anyone feeling anxious????

Has anyone else gotten accepted to USC MSW Fall 2013? I am gettinf nervous! I called last night, she put me on hold came back and said my file was still in "review." I felt that code word for "denied." Anyone feeling anxious????
Same here, I have my toes crossed. It's the only school I applied to, so you can see why I am even more anxious lol. We just have to wait =/

Does anyone's app still just say "submitted"? That's the case for me and I was wondering if it changes to "under revew" or something along those lines when a decision is imminent.

My app still just reads 'submitted', and every time I call I get the run-around... :(

What I got from UC Berkeley: "Thank you for your interest in the UC Berkeley School of Social Welfare MSW Program. Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot offer you admission to our program. Each year we receive many more qualified applicants than spaces allocated by the state. We wish you the best of luck on all your future academic endeavors."

Well...I guess that's that. I'm waiting for UCLA....

Same here. I just got an email back and they wouldn't even say if the application page changes when they start their review. I just wanna know how they're going about the process. If I knew then I wouldn't have to bug them all the time.
Mine also just says "submitted". And under that, it says "Our office is reporting status for the 2013 cycle"... You guys probably know more about their process than me though, beause I've never called. What I know for sure is that the day they send out a decision through the mail, they also send an email. So I've moved from obsessively checking my mailbox to my inbox. I wouldn't know what to ask if I called...

Just a word of warning. Last year when I applied to Hunter my application status was "in review" for months. It was May and still no change. I phoned them and they said that I hadn't completed my interview (I had). Well they did some investigating and found my interview write up in the SHREDDER pile. Yikes. Luckily I was actually accepted, but I do recommend following up.