Applications for Fall 2013!

I applied for Advanced Standing MSW (regular decision) for UWseattle and I just called the admissions office; they said we should hear back by the end of TODAY by email. Fingers crossed everyone :)

Hopefully, since they've been saying that for awhile..

Hopefully, since they've been saying that for awhile..

This is torturous!

Plus, my last name starts with a "z" and I feel they are going somewhat alphabetically...

Edited by azmsw10

azmsw10, you may be right! my last name is "s" and I applied early action... Kind of ridiculous to guarantee a decision and then not follow through.  I don't care so much about the actual decision anymore, I just want a decision period.  :mellow:

Same! Finger crossed~~

Nice! I'm not sure really what to do. I already accepted elsewhere, but UW will be so much cheaper for me (in-state) but I don't want to plan everything on a "what-if"

Nice! I'm not sure really what to do. I already accepted elsewhere, but UW will be so much cheaper for me (in-state) but I don't want to plan everything on a "what-if"

Sorry to hear about your waitlist situation, Mindy. Where are you planning to attend?

Hi folks, 

I am new to forum. First of all congrats to everybody who got the admission and good luck to those who are still awaiting  :)

I have applied to MSW program at - 

• SDSU ( Accepted for 1 yr Advanced Standing)
  • University of Houston(still waiting)
  • University of Texas Arlington( Accepted for 2 yr program)
  • UT - Austin (Denied)

I am struggling to decide about SDSU. They are offering me a one year program(considering my BSW and work experience) which mean less tuition fees to pay. However i am not sure about the credibility. it rank 60 in us news. can somebody please advise?

My first choice will be University of Houston but still confused...please advise.

UW denial.

Congrats to all of those that got in!

I'm still planning on attending University of Michigan in the fall. I'll be moving in June (I just scoped out apartments there so if anyone has any questions about where to live in Ann Arbor, I have a bit of an idea!) :)

Anyone hear from University of Connecticut or San Francisco State University yet?

I heard back from Uconn beginning of March but applied in September, was complete in December.. other people on the Uconn thread said they were told within 5 weeks of applying they should hear back.

I rolled the dice and applied to only one school, Ohio State. And I just got the news today that I got in! Any other soon to be OSU students with me?

Congrats! I may be joining you :)

I heard back from Uconn beginning of March but applied in September, was complete in December.. other people on the Uconn thread said they were told within 5 weeks of applying they should hear back.

Thanks!

Tis weird because I did my application in October, so I would assume that I should have heard back by now too? 

Hey guys,

So I got an email last Monday that I didn't get in to UW. To those who did (and are still following this thread), could you share some tips/info about what you think helped you get in? I have 4 part time years of social work/psych experience (4 in dementia, less than 1 in autism) while attending UW and worked on my essay with a staff member in the SW school at UW who used to be on admissions. I also had the average GPA of the last cohort. I thought that given this information, I would at least be on the waiting list. Not that I thought I was the best of the best of the pack- but I was a bit surprised when I got the news.

I understand that this was an incredible application year for the school, so I'm wondering what I should do for next year to better secure a spot next year. I don't want to go anywhere else!

I would really appreciate any insight or comments! Thank you!

Edited by azmsw10

Hey guys,

So I got an email last Monday that I didn't get in to UW. To those who did (and are still following this thread), could you share some tips/info about what you think helped you get in? I have 4 part time years of social work/psych experience (4 in dementia, less than 1 in autism) while attending UW and worked on my essay with a staff member in the SW school at UW who used to be on admissions. I also had the average GPA of the last cohort. I thought that given this information, I would at least be on the waiting list. Not that I thought I was the best of the best of the pack- but I was a bit surprised when I got the news.

I understand that this was an incredible application year for the school, so I'm wondering what I should do for next year to better secure a spot next year. I don't want to go anywhere else!

I would really appreciate any insight or comments! Thank you!

I'm so sorry. I'm not sure what I did but work my tail off... but, for what it matters, I'm declining my acceptance at UW. This sounds so silly, but I got into another school--at about the same cost--and I opted for the city with better public transit. Insane? Maybe.