Applications for Fall 2013!

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances! Its nice to see that some responses are finally starting to roll in.

To those who haven't gotten into their dream program yet, there is still time for us.  Woot!

I just got an email from UW saying it was too close to call and they'd have a final determination by March 18th....seriously?!

Did anyone else get the same email?

I got that email too.

Very annoying!

And now the waiting game continues 

(Also, I know I'm already going to U of Michigan, so the decision for me I want to come asap so I can give someone else my spot)

I also received that email! At first I thought that they might have sent it to everyone, but now that I see that some people have been accepted, I'm assuming it must be some sort of wait list notification. Anyone else have any other ideas/information? Also, does anyone know if UW has sent out any rejections?

Edited by rcamsw

I also received that email! At first I thought that they might have sent it to everyone, but now that I see that some people have been accepted, I'm assuming it must be some sort of wait list notification. Anyone else have any other ideas/information? Also, does anyone know if UW has sent out any rejections?

I just spoke with UW, Not sure about if they sent out any rejections but they said  basically that letter meant we have been moved into the regular action decision pool instead of early action.  :(

Nice, four for four  :P Where are you headed?

No freaking clue.

Any tips?

My heart is set on Chicago. I'm not really convinced an "ivy league" MSW pays off exactly. Additionally, I'm craving racial diversity. I'm currently in Phoenix--a land full of Caucasians (which I am, but still). But Portland and SUNY are the cheapest and I've only gotten aid for SUNY.

I heard back Thursday evening via email/admissions portal. I'm sure you'll hear back soon. Let me know if you decide to go.

I heard back from Columbia last night and plan to attend in the fall! What about you?

No freaking clue.

Any tips?

My heart is set on Chicago. I'm not really convinced an "ivy league" MSW pays off exactly. Additionally, I'm craving racial diversity. I'm currently in Phoenix--a land full of Caucasians (which I am, but still). But Portland and SUNY are the cheapest and I've only gotten aid for SUNY.

I can't really speak for Chicago as I've never been there, but my university has led service trips there and I have heard about some amazing eye opening experiences; I feel like that city has a lot to offer in terms of personal development and social justice. For me, I'm 99 percent sure I'm going to UW. I'm from the Seattle area and am in love with the city. Plus, it will be much more affordable for me as a WA resident. 

Congrats on all of your acceptances, having many choices is kind of a happy problem to have  :D

Anyone still waiting to hear back from the majority of their schools? I'm still waiting news from half of them. Is this a bad or a good sign?

I'm waiting to hear back from three of the four schools I've applied to (UIC, UC-SSA and UW-Madison).  I'm expecting  a decision from SSA and Madison within the next two weeks and from UIC by the end of the month.

how did they inform you?
I was also accepted by USC yesterday via email around 6 pm EST. About an hour after the acceptance email came, a separate email came about a merit scholarship offer. Good luck!!

No freaking clue.

Any tips?

I'll add my two cents: Go wherever it makes the most financial sense to attend/whichever choice will leave you in the least amount of debt AND a program that you feel will be a good fit.

I don't think an Ivy League MSW pays off-if anyone has any evidence to the contrary, feel free to correct me but I think what really matters are the skills you learn and how you sell yourself to potential employers. 

Chicago will always be there. Attend a good program that won't leave you in a bunch of debt and hopefully when you're done, you can move to any city and find a job. :)

I was also accepted by USC yesterday via email around 6 pm EST. About an hour after the acceptance email came, a separate email came about a merit scholarship offer. Good luck!!

Thats amazing!! congrats!! can i ask you a little personal question?  Did they tell you how much the scholarship was for?  The only way I would be able to go there is if they offered me a decent scholarship and I was just curious to see how much they are offering..

Thats amazing!! congrats!! can i ask you a little personal question?  Did they tell you how much the scholarship was for?  The only way I would be able to go there is if they offered me a decent scholarship and I was just curious to see how much they are offering..
Thank you! Yes they said the amount in the email but this was not my financial aid package it was just a merit scholarship (I filled in that extra scholarship application they sent out via email when I initially submitted my app). More detailed financial aid info will probably come in the mail. Best of luck!