Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2013 admissions

FH 2012

congrats! did you hear today via email? Are you from Canada/ did you apply for a scholarship?

I heard on the 22nd as well. Yes, I live in Toronto. No, I didn't apply for and OGS scholarship.

I heard on the 22nd as well. Yes, I live in Toronto. No, I didn't apply for and OGS scholarship.

I'm trying to figure out how they're sending the acceptances. Is your last name earlier on in the alphabet?

Thank you so much! Yeah it's also my second year applying to grad school. This wait is so terrible. I haven't heard of anyone who has heard from U of T yet. Keep your head up!!

I haven't heard from UofT either. Keep me in the loop if you do get accepted!

I'm trying to figure out how they're sending the acceptances. Is your last name earlier on in the alphabet?

Nope. I'm a W. Honestly, the more you stress about it the worse it will get. I don't think any of us know why they accept one person and not another. I applied for the 2 year program to Laurier, York and UofT. My York file says "Decison Not Made" and my UofT file says "Under Review"

Nope. I'm a W. Honestly, the more you stress about it the worse it will get. I don't think any of us know why they accept one person and not another. I applied for the 2 year program to Laurier, York and UofT. My York file says "Decison Not Made" and my UofT file says "Under Review"

I'm not really stressing anymore. I was yesterday but I feel better today haha. Yeah my U of T says under review as well. Do you mind me asking what your sub-GPA is and your experience?

Sometimes I feel like this is all luck. I am so happy for you though!!!!

Still nothing for me from York or Ryerson. I want to say no news is good news, but since people have been hearing back already I'm not too hopeful....

***Help: If anyone knows of any job postings (social work or social work related) in the Ottawa or Toronto area that would be great. I'm looking to move out of the Peterborough area since there is no stable work here.....relief work at CMHA is just giving me enough to barely get by...any info would be appreciated...

I haven't heard anything from York either. Only Laurier

I'm not really stressing anymore. I was yesterday but I feel better today haha. Yeah my U of T says under review as well. Do you mind me asking what your sub-GPA is and your experience?

Sometimes I feel like this is all luck. I am so happy for you though!!!!

GOod! Don't strees :) I acutally never calculated my GPA. I know that I  was around a high B+ but I have done 4 SDS courses at UWaterloo that brought up my average. It did these online. I have volunteered for 5 years at a Women's Shelter and did my Undergrad in Sociology. I have worked for a not-for- profit for 2.5 years.

Thanks everyone!! They sent me an email. Deadline to respond is April 12.

Deadline to respond is April 12th? What if you don't hear from other school by then? Where in the email did it say that?

GOod! Don't strees :) I acutally never calculated my GPA. I know that I  was around a high B+ but I have done 4 SDS courses at UWaterloo that brought up my average. It did these online. I have volunteered for 5 years at a Women's Shelter and did my Undergrad in Sociology. I have worked for a not-for- profit for 2.5 years.

very nice!!!

No I haven't...this whole thing is worrisome 

If you look at the forum last year you will see that people heard from the end of March to mid April from Laurier (acceptances). Don't worry yet!!!!

This is so nerve wracking. I just want to know. I'm fine taking a year off and working/doing a graduate certificate because that was my original plan but this whole waiting for an acceptance/rejection is just messing with my emotions lol 
Yeah I know how you feel. This is also my second year going through this application process. Last year I applied to a different program and we found out late May so I guess this is better? I don't want to take another year though :(.

DId you say we had to let Laurier know by April 12th if we got in?

Yes, Brenda_101-

The deadline to apply is April 12th- however- I was wondering the same thing...what if you haven't heard from any other schools by then??

I called Ryerson today because the waiting game is killing me. I was told that my application has been forwarded to the department for review. So basically the waiting game continues. Don't know if where I stand in the process is good or bad!

It is not in the email. You have to click on the link that they gave you and log in to see the deadline as well as other information about your acceptance (e.g. funding).

Deadline to respond is April 12th? What if you don't hear from other school by then? Where in the email did it say that?