Neuroscience applicants for Fall 2013

mccamel

wow! I have heard from Duke Neurobiology for the phone interview via email! So excited!

Does anybody know about the chance of the interviewees will be offered an admission?

I am so nervous about the interview phone call><

Edited by kingmiaomiao

I am! When are you gonna be heading over to the hotel on Thursday?

My flight gets in about 4:30, so I expect to get to the hotel at 5:30 or so.  Will you be attending the dinner?

My flight gets in about 4:30, so I expect to get to the hotel at 5:30 or so.  Will you be attending the dinner?

I'll be arrive at around 4:30pm, and will be attending the dinner as well.

Has UPenn emailed you your list of interviewers yet? 

Just heard from Stanford via phone :)

Congratulations!

I edited my post because I found out the procedure of being invited: if the admission committee decides to invite you, they send out your application to all the professors, whom you listed as your research interest. And the committee will arrange meetings with almost all of them (depends on their schedule) during your 4-day visit. 

Edited by Solnce

Are there people who apply to Neuroscience program for at least a second time? 

I applied only to two schools this year, and it seems that I will not be accepted by neither. 

So I am going to apply to at least 10 next year. 

Edited by Solnce

Does anyone feel super nervous about not knowing enough for the interviews? I hope some more impressive questions come to mind to ask professors when the time actually comes, cause at the moment I just have stupid questions and sheer awe

Does anyone feel super nervous about not knowing enough for the interviews? I hope some more impressive questions come to mind to ask professors when the time actually comes, cause at the moment I just have stupid questions and sheer awe

I'm a little overwhelmed.  Haha.  Trying to keep track of who does what and think of some decent questions/answers...

I'm extremely nervous. The only questions I can think of are the standards and I feel like I'm wasting their time.  Hopefully I can kill enough time describing my research and hearing them describe theirs that I don't have to come up with questions for 10+ minutes.  I also can't stop feeling that I should not be interviewing with some of the more well known faculty I have requested to meet with.  It can be very intimidating and is definitely not helping me relax

I'm extremely nervous. The only questions I can think of are the standards and I feel like I'm wasting their time.  Hopefully I can kill enough time describing my research and hearing them describe theirs that I don't have to come up with questions for 10+ minutes.  I also can't stop feeling that I should not be interviewing with some of the more well known faculty I have requested to meet with.  It can be very intimidating and is definitely not helping me relax

^^ yes about the well known faculty! Maybe Ill just ask for an autograph :P

Someone posted in the results section that they called UCSD Neuroscience and all invites have already been sent out.

So bummed about that one. Guess I'll add it to my rejection list.

Not sure why I can't edit my previous post, but new poster on the results board says they were told invites would go out all week. Hope the second one is right!