2013-2014 M.A./M.T.S/M.Div Application chitchat

Therewillbeluke

At Duke I applied for the MA in their religion department. Boston University was art history, as is Tufts. HDS is MTS and Wake Forest is MA in Religion.

Ok, gotcha. I applied at Duke for the MTS in the Divinity School. Haven't heard a thing but I'm thinking it will be another couple of weeks.

Ok, gotcha. I applied at Duke for the MTS in the Divinity School. Haven't heard a thing but I'm thinking it will be another couple of weeks.

Why do you think it will be another couple of weeks? Last year's results for the Duke MTS came in between March 2 and March 8.

Why do you think it will be another couple of weeks? Last year's results for the Duke MTS came in between March 2 and March 8.

Just relying on what Duke said, six weeks from app date. That, and trying not to get my hopes up since I've still not heard from Vanderbilt and their application deadline is two weeks sooner than Duke.

Has anyone received word from ND's MTS program?

No. But, according to last year's results, people heard back as soon as the the 3rd. This coming week seems most likely.

So today I received an email from Duke. Sadly, it wasn't the email I was hoping for but it was interesting. It said, "We've reviewed your application with great interest and are finalizing our admission decisions." In the meantime, they wanted to send out a letter outlining how their tuition waivers and costs add up. The reason I thought this is was interesting is because when I was rejected from them last year, they sent me no such email before hand.

However, they would be offering $10,000 less than Wake Forest while their tuition costs $10,000 more. Seems like that would be a no brainer for me.

MTS or MDiv?

Hey all,

The Ph.D applicants have had their discussion going for some time, so I figured its about time for the M*s to have some fun.

I'm interested in Historical Theology, particularly medieval theology and the Franciscans.

I'm applying to:

Yale Divinity

Princeton Theological

Chicago Divinity

Harvard Divinity

Notre Dame

Fordham

St. Louis

Boston College

GTU

Therewillbeluke: How was the application for GTU?

Josh

Therewillbeluke: How was the application for GTU?

Josh

It was very easy, I think I finished everything in one sitting. The only hiccup was that I listed the Franciscan School of Theology as my first choice, but they're moving to San Diego to be a part of Santa Clara Univeristy so I had reorder things. I ended up listing the Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology 1st, Church Divinity School of the Pacific 2nd, and San Francisco School of Theology 3rd.

I got an email from DSPT last week because they want a writing sample and stuff.

A lot of people from my undergrad go there (4 right now), so that was a big draw for me.

for all you HDS applicants: I called the office and I was told by the secretary that "admissions will be finalized this week and offers will be up on the website next Friday" I think her name is Meghan.

Next Friday as in the 8th or the 15th?

I see on the results page that someone email Vanderbilt about MTS and received a rejection. Anyone have any more info, such as acceptances having gone out already?

for all you HDS applicants: I called the office and I was told by the secretary that "admissions will be finalized this week and offers will be up on the website next Friday" I think her name is Meghan.

THANK YOU, but just to be clear, which friday? and also, does that mean we find out this week and find out about aid next week? or both on "next friday"

I think that is a good question. I thought it was pretty clear at first but when you think about it it can be tricky. The call was made either last Friday or a day or two before. So saying this week could only mean the week which has passed. So this upcoming Friday would then be the next Friday :P

Edited by unacclimated