2013-2014 M.A./M.T.S/M.Div Application chitchat

Therewillbeluke

WELP I didn't get into Boston College.

Screw Boston College. If they can't recognize someone who is as passionate as you to study with them, then that's there problem. You're going to rock out at Seton Hall or Fordham, so don't sweat it.

(I say this also after being rejected from BC philosophy this weekend. So yeah. And nothing personal against anyone in attendence there.)

Do we know the status of Notre Dame M.T.S. decisions? Have any gone out yet?

I'm sure this place'll blow up when we hear.

Btw... what's your order of preference in all the schools you have listed? Or are they already in order?

I'm sure this place'll blow up when we hear.

Btw... what's your order of preference in all the schools you have listed? Or are they already in order?

They are in order in my signature. Besides ND, where have you applied?

They are in order in my signature. Besides ND, where have you applied?

Nowhere else this time. All eggs placed securely in one basket. ;)

ND has the focus that most comprehensively suits my interests and so I focused on ND... for the time being. If not accepted, I'll apply to a school locally (Denver Sem.) who accepts apps for another few months. I just wanted to see what might happen here first before I spend another $75 on app. fees. I may hold off a year, though, and try again next year while applying to others, but we'll see.

Edited by toby42

Rejected from Tufts (art history). Apparently I was not meant to go for an art history masters since both schools with that degree rejected me. Oh well, still waiting to hear from Duke and HDS. At the very least, I'm happy to be sitting on a nice offer from Wake Forest.

Yes! I looked up the phone number. I am trying to be patient. And what's up with FAQ answer about response time on ND's website:

Q. Who makes the admissions decisions for the M.T.S. Program? 

A. An official letter about the admissions decision for the coming year will arrive later this month from the Graduate School in two to three weeks.” to “An official letter about the decision will usually be sent to you by the end of March.

Looks like two sentences got pasted together accidently.

lol... yeah, I let them know about that little quirk sometime last year. *Shrug*

What program(s) are you applying to?

Edited by toby42

Well folks, got an 80% scholarship from Vanderbilt today, so that's pretty cool.  Yale says they'll tell me about money on Friday, and Duke said I didn't make the scholarship cut the first round, but I may hear again in April. So that's that.

Meanwhile... WHERE THE HECK IS HARVARD??

Well folks, got an 80% scholarship from Vanderbilt today, so that's pretty cool.  Yale says they'll tell me about money on Friday, and Duke said I didn't make the scholarship cut the first round, but I may hear again in April. So that's that.

Great news on the funding! 

Supposedly Harvard will be sending out their decision this Friday.

Well folks, got an 80% scholarship from Vanderbilt today, so that's pretty cool. Yale says they'll tell me about money on Friday, and Duke said I didn't make the scholarship cut the first round, but I may hear again in April. So that's that.

Congrats! What's your first choice?

Yes, harvard will most likely come out friday morning. So best to be quite occupied these next couple days...

According to my friend who works in the admissions office at Harvard, the acceptances have been sent out as of today. Hope you all hear good news (for those who applied!)!!!

Yes. confirming. Harvard will be out Friday morning east coast, and around 1:00pm west coast. It's all good!

Friday morning east coast would be even earlier west coast, right? around 6-7 am?

According to my friend who works in the admissions office at Harvard, the acceptances have been sent out as of today. Hope you all hear good news (for those who applied!)!!!

MTS? Strange though, since no news on the result search at all. Email or mail?

Edited by la sarar