2013-2014 M.A./M.T.S/M.Div Application chitchat

Therewillbeluke

MTS? Strange though, since no news on the result search at all. Email or mail?

I haven't gotten in touch with him to verify who/what/where/when/how/why (I would really like to know to tell everyone!) - I'm guessing he meant that they were mailed out? (And that the emails will come shortly?)

Edited by MsSarahBOOM

Hello,

I've been following this thread for a while, but this is my first post. I'm feeling pretty mixed about my options. None of my scholarship offers are all that impressive, and I already have a fair amount of student loan debt. Are people going to ask for more money? If so, who is the best person to contact about it?

I haven't gotten in touch with him to verify who/what/where/when/how/why (I would really like to know to tell everyone!) - I'm guessing he meant that they were mailed out? (And that the emails will come shortly?)

Thanks! It's true that as far as I know GSAS also mailed the letter first.

People should check the Harvard application website for a change in status. I didn't get an e-mail or anything, my friend just happened to tell me that she got in so I went to check for myself...

Weird that they didn't e-mail or call, but I'm okay with it! Woo!

Good luck to all as we wait out the next few days of this madness! 

Oh, man... someone just posted a wait-list status for the ND MA in ECS... I haven't heard anything yet for my app, though. What does it MEAN?! *Hands raised to the sky for dramatic effect*

People should check the Harvard application website for a change in status.

Decided I'd try this for ND as well. Received the following message:

Congratulations, Aaron!  Your application... has been... successfully...  submitted.

Meh. :mellow:

Accepted to HDS mts in religion, ethics, and politics, with notification of funding coming tomorrow. Now just waiting on YDS mar in ethics

YAY!!!

Accepted to Harvard MDiv!  Hooray!

...but with no information about aid of any sort.  Hmm.  (Edit: oh hey, it's coming tomorrow.  That's what I get for not reading the whole email.)

(Also, was anyone else accepted to UTS?  I haven't seen any discussion of it on this thread/board.)

Edited by Elk

Admitted to Union Theological Seminary's M.A. program with a 75% tuition scholarship last week.  Admitted to Yale Divinity School M.A.R. program today - probably won't get any merit based funds.  I probably want to go on for a Ph.D.  Not sure which of these schools I will go to yet - thoughts?

(Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!)

Accepted to Harvard MDiv!  Hooray!

...but with no information about aid of any sort.  Hmm.  (Edit: oh hey, it's coming tomorrow.  That's what I get for not reading the whole email.)

(Also, was anyone else accepted to UTS?  I haven't seen any discussion of it on this thread/board.)

Congrats! By UTS, you mean Union...? I was accepted, but it was MAR in NT. I also got into Yale's concentrate in Bible, and if I get good enough funding there, or get into ND, I'll be turning down Union's offer, which was full tuition for 2 years. But I have to tell Union yea or nay by Friday... so I'm getting just a little bit anxious : / If I don't get good enough funding from Yale, and if I don't get in to ND, I'll likely be going to Union with that offer.

Admitted to Union Theological Seminary's M.A. program with a 75% tuition scholarship last week.  Admitted to Yale Divinity School M.A.R. program today - probably won't get any merit based funds.  I probably want to go on for a Ph.D.  Not sure which of these schools I will go to yet - thoughts?

(Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!)

Congrats! Those are the two I've been admitted to so far... what concentration did you apply for?

My application status for PTS on their admissions portal changed to "you have been accepted," but no email/mail as of yet. Anyone have this? 

Do I remain paranoid until the email or enjoy?