2013-2014 M.A./M.T.S/M.Div Application chitchat

Therewillbeluke

So I get a letter last Friday from Duke about financial information saying decisions will be ready in a couple days, it's not Thursday and still nothing. This seems a bit backwards to me...

Merit-based or need-based? I've received nothing in the mail.

I don't think it's considered either. I didn't get it in the mail, it was an email sent out. I even emailed the director to ask for some clarification because it was a bit confusing. He said they send those out first so you have a better idea of the financials before you receive your decision. I took it as a good sign because they rejected me last year and I didn't get a letter like that before hand. However, it's not a very good offer, I have one from Wake Forest that's $10,000 more.

Just to clarify, it's from the grad program in arts and sciences and not the divinity school.

I don't think it's considered either. I didn't get it in the mail, it was an email sent out. I even emailed the director to ask for some clarification because it was a bit confusing. He said they send those out first so you have a better idea of the financials before you receive your decision. I took it as a good sign because they rejected me last year and I didn't get a letter like that before hand. However, it's not a very good offer, I have one from Wake Forest that's $10,000 more.

Just to clarify, it's from the grad program in arts and sciences and not the divinity school.

Everyone accepted (of the 8-9) receives 50% tuition. No one gets more/less.

I got off the phone with the admissions department at BC, and acceptances are being sent alphabetically and they're still going out. Notifications will come regardless of acceptance or rejection, so the fact that I haven't gotten anything means nothing except that, with a last name starting with V, am at the back of the alphabet. 

As the saying goes, Poland is not yet lost.

Edited by Seatbelt Blue

I got off the phone with the admissions department at BC, and acceptances are being sent alphabetically and they're still going out. Notifications will come regardless of acceptance or rejection, so the fact that I haven't gotten anything means nothing except that, with a last name starting with V, am at the back of the alphabet.

As the saying goes, Poland is not yet lost.

Glad to hear you aren't out of the running!

I thought for sure I would have heard something this week. But alas, nothing yet. Still waiting on Notre Dame, Duke, Yale, and Fordham. And Marquette funding information.

I'm still waiting on Fordham, too. If I may ask, have they been at all communicative regarding the process? I haven't heard a word from them since I got my transcripts in months ago.

Well, just got a slightly discouraging phone call.  I was only offered a 40% ride to Candler's MTS. =/  Granted if I go there I can commute, so it's still potentially less expensive according to where else I get in regardless.  Man, what a bummer.

Well, just got a slightly discouraging phone call.  I was only offered a 40% ride to Candler's MTS. =/  Granted if I go there I can commute, so it's still potentially less expensive according to where else I get in regardless.  Man, what a bummer.

Is this sarcastic? I can't see how that is a bummer!

Is this sarcastic? I can't see how that is a bummer!

I was just hoping for more I guess.  I mean, realistically it is not a bad position to be in.  It's just with my undergrad debt it's kind of scary having to go into more.  But it IS education, so it's definitely worth it.  But that's just the first news I've heard from anywhere, we'll see what other places say.  I'm still hopeful!

Those of you who were accepted to Duke MDiv via phone, has anyone received a packet in the mail? When they called me on Feb 22 they said more information was coming in the mail, but I still haven't received it.

That's what I was thinking.... I'm kinda expecting next week though. Aren't the ND Ph.D notifications going out Monday? I'd expect that us lowly MTS/MA applicants would hear back after them...

Those of you who were accepted to Duke MDiv via phone, has anyone received a packet in the mail? When they called me on Feb 22 they said more information was coming in the mail, but I still haven't received it.

Received a piece of paper + brochure yesterday in the mail. That's it.