2013-2014 M.A./M.T.S/M.Div Application chitchat

Therewillbeluke

OH MY GOD JUST NOTIFY ME ALREADY. 

...I'm not getting in, am I?

Came on here to see if the acceptance was you. I know we are all rooting for you!

Hang tight and be patient. I know its really tough but sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to this process. One of my acceptances (not even from a wait list) came a week and a half after other people had already heard back.

It a'int over 'til it's over. I'm staying hopeful for you!

I got it via email, they said funding was being sent by snail mail

Thats what I got from Vandy, Therewillbeluke...so what do you think that means about funding, if anything? It kind of scared me, but I don't know that my reaction is rational.

Thats what I got from Vandy, Therewillbeluke...so what do you think that means about funding, if anything? It kind of scared me, but I don't know that my reaction is rational.

Josh, I received the same same email. In the past, those who were accepted to both the MTS and MDiv, and did not receive a fully-funded offer, were given around 70% funding.

Honestly I think it means that they haven't figured out the funding themselves haha.

Full-funding offers at Vanderbilt (Dean's Scholarships, Carpenter Scholarships, etc.) went out around Feb. 11, the Scholars' Day for students to visit who were offered named scholarships is on March 15. So if you haven't received a fully-funded offer I doubt you will, unless someone turns down an offer in the coming weeks. I don't have knowledge about how less than full offers are decided, or if they've been decided.

Edited by Thomist

I'm just getting worried because all the PhD acceptances seem to have gone out on the same day, and I'm not sure why MTS would be any different.

Friday/Monday? That's what my plan was this week if I hadn't heard from Vanderbilt.

Do emails usually go out at the end of the day, and I'm just freaking myself out by checking my mail every thirty seconds for no reason?
I got mine at 5:00 on the dot. Sit back, breath, remember that you haven't been rejected (even if you may feel that way), and know that likely all this week they'll be sending out decisions. You made it to the interview, and you have stellar GPA scores amongst other assets.

Stellar GRE. My GPA is.....debatable.

Thanks. I've been pinching the ol' adrenal gland pretty hard today. Getting any work done has been hard. That was very helpful.

Edited by Seatbelt Blue

I got mine at 5:00 on the dot. Sit back, breath, remember that you haven't been rejected (even if you may feel that way), and know that likely all this week they'll be sending out decisions. You made it to the interview, and you have stellar GPA scores amongst other assets.

This is really good advice. Easier said than done, but certainly wise.

Also remember that you aren't just a number and most schools look at you and the "whole package," so to speak. I know my record certainly isn't blemish free, but if you take the less-than-stellar parts of your application and use them as an opportunity to show significant growth (which, it sounds to me like you have), than I'm with Therewillbeluke: sit back and breathe. You've come this far!

...at what point would it be acceptable to call them?
I think you can call now. Let them know that you're calling because a friend has already heard and you're wondering if they have made a decision on your application yet. I would call. There's no sense in waiting and torturing yourself when a brief phone call will let you know what's up. Good luck.