2013-2014 M.A./M.T.S/M.Div Application chitchat

Therewillbeluke

Oh, I thought the PhD applicants had already found out... : \

Sorry... got my Mondays confused (they just move so fast now that we're waiting on decisions!). The Ph.D decisions were to go out this past Monday, the 4th.

*Rolls eyes at self* :wacko:

Well no news for me today...GRRR I hate Fridays....Well, for anyone else waiting to hear from a Boston school, don't be too shocked if you don't get any word today. A good portion of the city and surrounding areas are shut down due to the 12 inches on snow we got yesterday and today.

UMASS Boston decided to open late today (10am), stupid decision since a lot of other schools closed...THEN, apparently they realized that they had made a stupid decision and then preceded to close the campus at 2pm, sooo glad I decided not to go in today once they delayed opening.

Sorry... got my Mondays confused (they just move so fast now that we're waiting on decisions!). The Ph.D decisions were to go out this past Monday, the 4th.

*Rolls eyes at self* :wacko:

Ok, that makes sense, I thought they had gone out last Monday... oh well, no word today, so now I can look forward to a weekend of waiting and going crazy.

Chicago is starting to send out their MA acceptances! I got an e-mail saying my application status had changed at 1:30 this morning...it also included financial aid info, which is really convenient of them. 

Good luck to all as we continue waiting on pins and needles for the next week!  :mellow:

Congrats, Matthew! I haven't received an email from Chicago nor has my application status on the website changed, but at the bottom of the page, a "reply to offer of admission" link has appeared. Anyone else have that? I wonder if it means what I think it means...

Edited by Switching Geertz

Congrats, Matthew! I haven't received an email from Chicago nor has my application status on the website changed, but at the bottom of the page, a "reply to offer of admission" link has appeared. Anyone else have that? I wonder if it means what I think it means...

Wow, that's torturous that you'd see that before a letter came through. Talk about raising the anxiety

I was supposed to hear from BC yesterday, but I'm assuming that two feet of snow on the ground meant the offices were closed. 

Dude, if you get accepted to BC, I'm pretty sure that post of yours will set the record for most up votes.

I was supposed to hear from BC yesterday, but I'm assuming that two feet of snow on the ground meant the offices were closed. 

:( Most likely...

Chicago is starting to send out their MA acceptances! I got an e-mail saying my application status had changed at 1:30 this morning...it also included financial aid info, which is really convenient of them.    Good luck to all as we continue waiting on pins and needles for the next week!  :mellow:
Got my response from UChicago yesterday...accepted! Nice offer on scholarship too. It's starting to get real...

Hi folks! You all were in my prayers while I was on spring break (cruise to the Bahamas... tough life, I know).

While I was on the cruise, I was ACCEPTED by Vanderbilt (my country music-loving boyfriend is thrilled that Nashville is a prospect), Yale (one of my top choices!), and Boston College (who had said they don't accept students out of undergrad, so that was cool)! Congrats to everyone else!

Also got declined by Notre Dame... oh well. Fair trade I suppose.

Those of you who were accepted to Duke MDiv via phone, has anyone received a packet in the mail? When they called me on Feb 22 they said more information was coming in the mail, but I still haven't received it.

My mother said I got one at home a couple of days ago. Took long enough!

My mother said I got one at home a couple of days ago. Took long enough!

I was accepted all the way back in December and the admissions committee still refuses to give me information on funding. When I last spoke to the department I was told that the next scholarship round would be April 15th.  I'm highly confused why some are receiving funding packages and I am not. Does this mean that Duke could potentially offer another round of full-ride scholarships on the 15th?

I was accepted all the way back in December and the admissions committee still refuses to give me information on funding. When I last spoke to the department I was told that the next scholarship round would be April 15th.  I'm highly confused why some are receiving funding packages and I am not. Does this mean that Duke could potentially offer another round of full-ride scholarships on the 15th?

My understanding is that the answer is yes. I received my acceptance phone call on February 22; I spoke to them via phone call again on February 28 because I had A) not received anything concrete in the mail (which I did just a couple of days ago, now the first week of March) and B) not received word on funding.  They told me that the first round of scholarship is done and they will be re-awarding them once they hear from the first round people. And so we wait....

I did my getting upset last week. And I already have an acceptance in the bag, so no matter what, I'm 1) staying in New York and 2) going to graduate school this fall. 

Now I just need to hear from Fordham so I can start figuring out financing. Regardless of whether they accept or reject me, everything's gonna be gravy at this point. I had really hung my hat too strongly on BC, and now that I've moved on, or am moving on, it's just gonna be a matter of finalizing plans.

Sorry to hear that, SB. I'm just a lurker here, reading much more than I post, but I know how much you wanted it (I'm the same way w/ ND). Glad you still have options and a great outlook. Well done.

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and I am finally desperate enough to post... I was admitted to BC for an mts with a full tuition fellowship and I am still waiting to hear back from a Yale MAR concentrate in Ethics. I foolishly didn't know how ridiculously competitive the concentrated mar programs are and now i find myself trying hard not to despair during this last week. If I have yet to be accepted, is it likely that a rejection awaits on their final decision day? Seems a lot of yale div acceptances have already gone out...

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and I am finally desperate enough to post... I was admitted to BC for an mts with a full tuition fellowship and I am still waiting to hear back from a Yale MAR concentrate in Ethics. I foolishly didn't know how ridiculously competitive the concentrated mar programs are and now i find myself trying hard not to despair during this last week. If I have yet to be accepted, is it likely that a rejection awaits on their final decision day? Seems a lot of yale div acceptances have already gone out...

If I understand correctly, the way admission works for the MARc's is based on individual faculty review.  Since individual faculty members are given the files of potential admits you may have one who gets some in early and others who wait until the deadline.  There have only been a couple MAR acceptances on here and most have been comprehensive, I think there has been one mention of an acceptance for an MARc.  I've also looked at past years on here and it is not all that uncommon to have most go out on the deadline.  Don't feel bad yet!

Also congrats on your acceptance and funding for BC!

Edited by CrisDonlon

Part of me wishes I'd applied for the comprehensive due to all this waiting.

Has anyone heard from Harvard Divinity yet? Have a few friends applying this year and hope that they can come.

No, not yet. I think that they'll release decisions on the 15th exactly, same with everyone who hasn't heard from YDS.

Do not despair! I actually just talked to someone there asking about financial aid, and they said that all the admissions decisions hadn't even been made yet... so it sounds like it may just take until Friday for all the decisions to be made.