Canadian Schools

Psychologize13

I personally would wait for them to contact you. I had two interviews with separate faculty members at Ryerson and both said they'd get back to me in March, however it is not entirely their decision when to get back to people, they have to go through the discussions with the admissions committees and extend first round offers etc so I think being patient and sticking to your original agreement is best (ex: mine was that they'd be in touch with me). If it helps, I haven't heard anything since the interviews in February but I'm still hopeful!

Personally, I would disagree. Contacting your POI to inquire an update on your application shows them that you are still interested. Offers have been made at this point, so it's not uncommon that they will have e-mails from students regarding their status. Obviously it's up to you. You can likely judge their character based on your interview and will have a feel for how they may react to the e-mail. If the message if respectful and doesn't sound like your pushing them for an answer I think it's fine. I e-mailed my POI just to ask when offers were being made and she emailed me back within the hour explaining that she had made an offer to another student and that she would update me as soon as she heard back from the other student. Your choice!

I'm also waiting on OISE, but for the Developmental Psych & Education program (1 yr MA).  Has anyone heard anything? Most of the posts seem to be for clinical/counselling.

Just got my rejection from SFU's clinical program. I'm so upset and disappointed. It's been my dream school for years, and I felt like my interview went so well.

Does anyone know what happens if you win a SSHRC award but don't get accepted into graduate school?

Does anyone know what happens if you win a SSHRC award but don't get accepted into graduate school?

Unfortunately you forfeit the award. But sometimes you can re-approach PI's and write something like, "I found out I received a SSHRC award, is there any chance this would make you reconsider my application...?" People are of mixed opinion about whether this approach can be successful.

Hey guys, I heard from OISE Counselling at the beginning of March. They want answeres quickly so hopefully you guys will hear something second round!

Did they mail you?

Was it for PhD or for MA?

did anyone that was accepted to York get their funding info in a separate envelope from their letter of acceptance?

i received a package today that was a letter of acceptance, a page with student number type info on it, and a little glossy "welcome to York" thingy but nothing about funding. My POI already told me about funding so i'm not in the dark or anything, it would just be nice to have the numbers on something official. should i expect it soon, or should I have received it in this package?

They sent a letter in the mail; it was for MA.

Congrats on the acceptance!

I see that you are from New York. Are you an international student? 

Maybe they look at international students first?

Personally, I would disagree. Contacting your POI to inquire an update on your application shows them that you are still interested. Offers have been made at this point, so it's not uncommon that they will have e-mails from students regarding their status. Obviously it's up to you. You can likely judge their character based on your interview and will have a feel for how they may react to the e-mail. If the message if respectful and doesn't sound like your pushing them for an answer I think it's fine. I e-mailed my POI just to ask when offers were being made and she emailed me back within the hour explaining that she had made an offer to another student and that she would update me as soon as she heard back from the other student. Your choice!

I agree with this person. There's absolutely nothing wrong with inquiring. I did myself and my POI alluded to the fact that faculty already have an idea of who they would like to extend offers to (if they haven't already). Emailing them to find out may be the best thing, especially if you're waiting to hear back from them before deciding on other schools. 

Congrats on the acceptance!

I see that you are from New York. Are you an international student? 

Maybe they look at international students first?

Thanks! I'm actually Canadian... The deadline to accept offers is next week so hopefully if someone declines you will be notified! 

Good luck, crossing my fingers for you  :)

I haven't heard or read anything about interviews at OISE, I was under the impression from the website that acceptance were sent out via snail mail. However, I think you would know better than I would as I didn't attend the information session. I'm just annoyed that they take so long extending acceptance and/or interview invites and I e-mailed the graduate secretary asking about the status of my application and I receied nothing in response. I won't be attending regardless, but I know a few people in which School and Clinical at OISE is their first choice and they're just waiting around before accepting other offers!

I totally agree! I'm going crazy waiting for a response from OISE (MA School and Clinical Child Psychology). I emailed the Programs and Admissions Coordinator almost a week ago but it's been silence ever since. Does anyone know if they usually call or send an email to let you know their decision before sending out letters through snail mail for masters applicants? If I haven't heard from my POI by this point, should I just be expecting the dreaded small white envelope in my mailbox?

I totally agree! I'm going crazy waiting for a response from OISE (MA School and Clinical Child Psychology). I emailed the Programs and Admissions Coordinator almost a week ago but it's been silence ever since. Does anyone know if they usually call or send an email to let you know their decision before sending out letters through snail mail for masters applicants? If I haven't heard from my POI by this point, should I just be expecting the dreaded small white envelope in my mailbox?

Most likely.. i know someone who got accepted weeks ago

Most likely.. i know someone who got accepted weeks ago

That's amazing!! Congratulations to you/your friend who got accepted. The SCCP program at U of T has always been my dream program.. Oh well. Do you know if that someone had an interview before getting accepted? 

OISE has not sent ANY acceptances or rejections for its counselling psychology program!

http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/ro/Graduate_Admissions/Application_Submitted/Notification_of_Results.html

No one on any of the forums has heard anything, but we should in the next couple weeks. 

did anyone that was accepted to York get their funding info in a separate envelope from their letter of acceptance?

i received a package today that was a letter of acceptance, a page with student number type info on it, and a little glossy "welcome to York" thingy but nothing about funding. My POI already told me about funding so i'm not in the dark or anything, it would just be nice to have the numbers on something official. should i expect it soon, or should I have received it in this package?

okay yeah it showed up today. i guess one package comes from the faculty of graduate studies and one from the psychology department

Hey guys, I heard from OISE Counselling at the beginning of March. They want answeres quickly so hopefully you guys will hear something second round!

OISE has not sent ANY acceptances or rejections for its counselling psychology program!

http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/ro/Graduate_Admissions/Application_Submitted/Notification_of_Results.html

No one on any of the forums has heard anything, but we should in the next couple weeks. 

Read quoted above.. apparently they did get accepted into counseling at oise... oise's website just says not to consider anything official unless you get it by mail.. but they probably got it by phone. 

That's amazing!! Congratulations to you/your friend who got accepted. The SCCP program at U of T has always been my dream program.. Oh well. Do you know if that someone had an interview before getting accepted? 

I THINK they didnt.. not completely sure though.. another friend (excellent gpa and application in general) hasn't heard either.. I'm on the same boat with their couseling program

Read quoted above.. apparently they did get accepted into counseling at oise... oise's website just says not to consider anything official unless you get it by mail.. but they probably got it by phone. 

I received a letter in the mail from OISE Counselling dated March 1st... So I don't know why people are going around saying that no offers/rejections have been made.

Hey does anyone that applied to U of T know if the reported student number was there when you first made the account? Looking at the information shows that you can input one if you were a former student, for undergraduate for example, which I was not. I just can't seem to remember if it was there before or has recently been generated. 

Unfortunately, this is not the case. A lab mate of mine has received her official offer and already accepted it (Counselling Psychology). It could be POI dependent, but offers have been made in some cases :(

To anyone who applied to Clinical at Regina or Ryerson and has not received an offer, it is bad news =( I emailed POIs for both of those schools and they let me know that offers have already all gone out. 8 for Ryerson and 6 for Regina. I couldn't help the silence anymore. Although they are rejections, I feel better knowing something rather than just waiting around.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. A lab mate of mine has received her official offer and already accepted it (Counselling Psychology). It could be POI dependent, but offers have been made in some cases :(

I see.  Well, the department is giving me bad information, then.  Sorry if I misled anyone!  I was simply parroting what I had been told.

Has anyone hear from University of British Columbia, Vancouver, specifically the psychology MA program???? I haven't read anything on this thread about this program...