Fall 2014 applicants??

Yesss!! Did you get funding?? If so, when did you get accepted and when did you find out about funding??

Also, are you happy there??

No, I was waitlisted and so I ended up not getting any funding. I didn't hear from them until the end of March, I think. There are always lots of opportunities for jobs on campus and TA positions with professors in other departments though, so even if you don't start out with funding, it's something that could potentially happen later on if you actively seek out those opportunities. Granted, most of these don't pay for tuition, they just pay hourly or a stipend, but there are lots of ways to make money.

I'm in a somewhat unique position in that I was married right before I enrolled and, fortunately, my husband makes enough to support us and pay for tuition without me needing to work so the lack of funding hasn't been an issue for me the way I know it is for most students. That being said, I have worked as a TA for a Psychology of Gender course, worked in the writing center, and also had the opportunity to teach an English class for Georgetown's Summer College Prep program, all of which were valuable experiences.

I do really love the program. The professors are brilliant, kind, and super willing to talk to you and help you in any way they can. Also, the English department frequently hosts a lot of great events and speakers.  My favorite thing about the program, and something I didn't realize was pretty unique until recently, is that it is SO flexible. There are no specific requirements for classes so you can truly pursue your interests to the fullest. You can even take courses from schools in the consortium or take an undergrad course for grad credit, which means there is a TON to choose from. 

Unfortunately for me, I am currently living pretty far from campus because of my husband's job so I haven't been able to experience much of DC the way other students do and am not as involved in campus activities. Being a student in DC is amazing though; I love how much there is to do and see and I have been impressed with the resources available to me by virtue of going to a school there. 

WHY ISN'T SU GIVING A HUGE SHOUTOUT TO ME?! Ugh. It appears I'm slightly bitter.

Just ran out of up votes. It’s okay, though. I’ve make sure to have some saved up for when they give you funding :) 

Just ran out of up votes. It’s okay, though. I’ve make sure to have some saved up for when they give you funding :)

Haha awh :) You are sweet. I have been out of up votes all day, but I'm about to attempt to up vote you. What's new in your world?! I don't think you've posted any updates in a while..

Haha awh :) You are sweet. I have been out of up votes all day, but I'm about to attempt to up vote you. What's new in your world?! I don't think you've posted any updates in a while..

Well, you know, watching Pretty Little Liars and eating ice cream....because I’m an adult and I do what I want. Haha. 

I’m also looking at apartments near the University of East Anglia :) Woot! 

What’s new on your end?

Well, you know, watching Pretty Little Liars and eating ice cream....because I’m an adult and I do what I want. Haha. 

I’m also looking at apartments near the University of East Anglia :) Woot! 

What’s new on your end?

Ahhhh I'm so excited that you're seriously considering UEA! Seriously, that's amazing and you are going to love it.

Nothing new, still just waiting and waiting and waiting...

Ahhhh I'm so excited that you're seriously considering UEA! Seriously, that's amazing and you are going to love it.

Nothing new, still just waiting and waiting and waiting...

Waiting is the worst. I’m still waiting to hear back from four schools too. I’m getting super excited about UEA. I think it’s going to be great, though I’m not looking forward to going through the application process again in August. Haha. 

Waiting is the worst. I’m still waiting to hear back from four schools too. I’m getting super excited about UEA. I think it’s going to be great, though I’m not looking forward to going through the application process again in August. Haha. 

Oh jeez. Well best of luck to you with those four schools, as always :) You'll have to keep me updated on UEA! And don't dread the process next year; I am so confident that it'll be a completely different ball game for you then.

Basiamille!

Thank you so much for that info!! I really like the idea that there is no limitations placed on the courses you can take! I have the problem of finding way too many courses of interest, often times outside of what I intend to focus on, so that is an awesome benefit! I'm glad you have such positive things to say about the program, that bodes well. :)

I appreciate taking the time to respond! You are much appreciated!

Shoulda put your money on Green with no green.

Accepted. Waitlisted for funding.

Congrats on the acceptance! Is there any possibility of other funding options? Perhaps they can help you find scholarships or something.

Oh! Whoops.

At least that's what I got out of it... bowties, WERE you accepted?! I really hope I read that wrong and that you were.

Edited by despejado