Fall 2014 Applicants

CrazyCatLady80

Looking through last year's posts, it seems the first Thursday in February was a busy day for acceptances in 2013 (Columbia, Princeton and others) but it seems to be pretty quiet on the results board today. Wonder if the weather is having an effect. The waiting is driving me crazy.

Oh sorry to hear it Bookishvixen. There is nothing great I can say to you only to say: keep focus on your own work and how your own research goes.

That is what keeps me going during rejections! If you want to become historian, that will be your own task.

There is an Indiana acceptance on the board! Nervous that I haven't received anything and that there is no change on my application status. My partner was accepted there so it would be nice to know that we have one option together.

Edited by catsandscarves

Looking through last year's posts, it seems the first Thursday in February was a busy day for acceptances in 2013 (Columbia, Princeton and others) but it seems to be pretty quiet on the results board today. Wonder if the weather is having an effect. The waiting is driving me crazy.

I have a gut feeling we're about to hear from Harvard, which I dread.

Pour yourself a wine Catand scarves! It works for me. i think u will be fine I thnk you already have acceptances and I feel there will be mroe for you!

There is an Indiana acceptance on the board! Nervous that I haven't received anything and that there is no change on my application status. My partner was accepted there so it would be nice to know that we have one option together.

Pour yourself a wine Catand scarves! It works for me. i think u will be fine I thnk you already have acceptances and I feel there will be mroe for you!

haha thanks! I hope so too. I am working on my thesis so there is something to distract me!

I have a gut feeling we're about to hear from Harvard, which I dread.

I hope you're right! I'd rather get all of this out of the way sooner rather than later, even if it's a disappointment!

I hope you're right! I'd rather get all of this out of the way sooner rather than later, even if it's a disappointment!

I totally agree with that mentality that I would rather just get it out of the way even if it is a rejection...the looming feeling of not knowing is the worst!

Ugh, now I wish I wouldn't have looked on here...I wish I hadn't seen that IUB acceptance....now I will be super nervous for a while because if they are inviting people to visit that means they are inviting a batch of acceptances.

If Princeton hasn't dropped today, than I'd say either tomorrow or Thursday/Friday next week.  I have no insider knowledge about this cycle other than the culture of the department.  There is some variability because these things will be sent out by the graduate assistant who is new to the department.

Ugh, now I wish I wouldn't have looked on here...I wish I hadn't seen that IUB acceptance....now I will be super nervous for a while because if they are inviting people to visit that means they are inviting a batch of acceptances.

I'm trying to distract myself by working on an academic website I manage...wish is failing because it is all about what I want to study...at IUB or Pitt or IUUC...or...orrr.......empty mail box.  :blink:

I'm trying to distract myself by working on an academic website I manage...wish is failing because it is all about what I want to study...at IUB or Pitt or IUUC...or...orrr.......empty mail box.  :blink:

haha as is my work on my thesis..directly tied to the work I want to do...we can just hope that they havent sent out official word and that is just a POI note and that more will come later today and tomorrow.

Having to write my masters thesis saved my sanity during this process.

Yes it is definitely giving me something to work on consistently and to think about. I am trying to check my email less regularly as well; however, seeing the Indiana posting prompted a check and now I am totally distracted :/