Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

1 hour ago, chewbakkwa said:

Yeah, I've officially deferred my enrolment to 2021. I hope you receive a scholarship+stipend this year but if you do defer too, you could spend the time admission till next year applying for external scholarships.  

I see. Hope to see you around the campus anyway, in the future! And thank you! I emailed them on Friday but haven't yet heard back from them, so I'll decide after they respond. Deferring will definitely allow more time to build up finances too.

Just now, kaedubs said:

I see. Hope to see you around the campus anyway, in the future! And thank you! I emailed them on Friday but haven't yet heard back from them, so I'll decide after they respond. Deferring will definitely allow more time to build up finances too.

did they guys give you deadlines to confirm?

1 hour ago, Abel24 said:

Did anyone receive a scholarship? Or has the scholarship not been sent yet?

seems like no one has received one yet (or at least the ones in this group). :( i haven't heard from them too (not even a rejection hehehe

On 4/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, MJ2020 said:

I‘ve also received the offer :)
No mention of financial award though. 
Do they send the fin award in a separate letter or it should’ve been mentioned in the offer of admission ?

All the best to all waiting out ??

Hi, did you accept the offer?

On 4/6/2020 at 7:28 AM, chewbakkwa said:

Yeah, I've officially deferred my enrolment to 2021. I hope you receive a scholarship+stipend this year but if you do defer too, you could spend the time admission till next year applying for external scholarships.  

HI,

What is the procedure , a simple email requesting the same would be enough ???

Thanks 

12 hours ago, chinmayqaz said:

HI,

What is the procedure , a simple email requesting the same would be enough ???

Thanks 

Yes, and I'd recommend calling to ensure that your message has been received, especially if the deadline is coming up soon for you. Call the number of the admissions officer that has been assigned to you if possible (google search).

On 4/6/2020 at 11:47 AM, kaedubs said:

Likewise! I'd recommend calling them if possible, they're pretty responsive by phone.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:48 AM, cee123 said:

did they guys give you deadlines to confirm?

Yup! 9th April too. "No further action" was required on my end after they'd ackowledged by deferment. 

Good news for Singapore students, as per the website:

"NUS will freeze tuition fee increases for Singapore Citizens enrolled in government-subsidised postgraduate programmes in AY2020. This will help mitigate the impact of costs to Singaporean households during these challenging times.

Postgraduate tuition fees follow a fee schedule that is set at the year of admission, with pre-planned annual increases over the course duration. With the freeze in tuition fee increases, Singaporean postgraduate students from the AY2020/21 intake will pay the AY2019 fees in their first year of study. The fee schedule for the remaining course duration will be reviewed before the start of AY2021."

:) 

3 hours ago, Dewy96 said:

Any update on MIA applications, anyone?

Until now, there's no reply from admissions. Even I am waiting for the result as I am a prospective student of MPP. You should expect the outcome during the last week of April 2020 at earliest, because Singapore is locked down, and the admissions might not have the access from home OR there are certain rules and regulations that needs to be done in the faculty or institute itself. Else, you might want to send them an email inquiring about it. Good luck!!! 

Edited by Jamy

On 4/10/2020 at 4:07 PM, Dewy96 said:

Any update on MIA applications, anyone?

nope, still no news until now. i hope they send them out soon - at this point i just want to get this waiting thing over and done with. hehehe

Edited by cee123

On 4/11/2020 at 12:15 PM, kaedubs said:

@chewbakkwa have you received the offer package in the mail? It's been a week and I haven't got anything at all.

Me neither! I wasn't aware we were going to receive a physical package. Maybe that's only after you accept?

15 minutes ago, sense8 said:

I know a few people who have received an offer during first batch, but none of them a scholarship. I ponder why. Coz many people with similar profiles got both offer + scholarship in previous years. 

Are you sure that none of them got at least partial scholarship??? Or just the three of them on this forum, who they were offered without any scholarship?

1 hour ago, sense8 said:

I know a few people who have received an offer during first batch, but none of them a scholarship. I ponder why. Coz many people with similar profiles got both offer + scholarship in previous years. 

Same question too, so I doubt that the scholarship policy may have changed this year or even been cancelled due to the virus impact.

6 hours ago, chewbakkwa said:

Me neither! I wasn't aware we were going to receive a physical package. Maybe that's only after you accept?

I think I misread their email, hah - don't think any package will be sent! Sorry for the confusion ?