2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Has anyone else not been accepted post interview yet? Not enjoying this waiting game.

Me! I know there's plenty of us out there. It's gonna be a LONGGGGG month waiting for admissions to settle.

Do professors usually respond to your post-interview thank you emails? The majority of mine don't and I'm not sure if it's because they're busy or if it has negative implications...

Not all of mine did, and one school where most of them responded I ended up being rejected post-interview! I believe it has no bearing other than goodwill, your admission is much more complex than that.

Do professors usually respond to your post-interview thank you emails? The majority of mine don't and I'm not sure if it's because they're busy or if it has negative implications...

I was 1 for 4 concerning responses to my thank you emails, but then I got accepted by the program. It stressed me a bit but I think they are just busy. It's just one more aspect of applying to grad school that we shouldn't read too much into (as hard as that may be to do!).

Has anyone else not been accepted post interview yet? Not enjoying this waiting game.

Me... 5 weeks post interview for one and 2 weeks for the other and not a peep. The waiting is brutal!

YAYYY! Quite a good feeling, yes? Congrats!

So good I can't even describe it. I know it's not my top choice, but it's still a school I would be proud to go to. I am still waiting to hear back from my top 3 choices, but right now it doesn't even matter. Because no matter what, I know what I am doing next year.

I think it varies.  I got responses back from people that I had a great conversation with or who thought I was a good fit for the program, but others, especially faculty that weren't particularly closely related to my field of study, either sent a cursory one sentence response of "Good to meet you too" or no response.

Got waitlisted by Penn State Hershey! This came as a surprise! Not sure what was going on there since all the interviews were great and I worked there last summer

Anyone who's waiting for BU PiBS post interview, I sent an email inquiring, and they responded back that applications are still under review and they have not completed their selection process.  

So there's still hope...?

Anyone who's waiting for BU PiBS post interview, I sent an email inquiring, and they responded back that applications are still under review and they have not completed their selection process.

So there's still hope...?

I'm not holding my breath... They've been saying this since January.

Edit: never mind, didn't notice you said post interview. My bad!

Edited by ERR_Alpha

Accepted to Pitt IBGP!!!!! I can't believe I know where I'm going next year.  :D

Congrats! Which weekend did you interview? I may be joining you. I haven't decided yet but I think it may be my top choice regardless of other responses. One more interview to attend though.

Edited by stizz