Canadian 2014 SLP

We don't have rankings, but it's important to keep in mind how each school is perceived by those in the field. For instance, U of T's course-work is more adult intensive, whereas UWO is more paediatrics focused. Even though the quality of education is comparable, employers do take these differences coursework into account, especially when hiring new grads.

SLPossible, if you don't mind me asking how do you this?

Hey all, 

I have read the whole forum and noticed no one has talked about applying to the university of Alberta. Just wondering if anyone has applied there. Would love to chat with you if you have :) This waiting game is torturous!

Hey all, 

I have read the whole forum and noticed no one has talked about applying to the university of Alberta. Just wondering if anyone has applied there. Would love to chat with you if you have :) This waiting game is torturous!

Hey UofAbound. I applied to U of A as well. This is my second time applying to SLP, so you can imagine how antsy I am. 

For those applying to Ottawa, I just got an e-mail this morning for my interview that will take place on Monday :) Hopefully everyone on here will get word soon or has already! The interview process is different from last year, it's multiple mini interviews that are two minutes long. I think it's like med school as in they describe a situation and we have to react to it. I can't think of the term in English, but in French it's a "Mise en situation"...

Current Mood: Freaking out!!  :blink:

Yay there are others :) 

I am hoping that we will hear earlier than last year since they moved up the application date. I heard something that last year they took so long because the committee that looks over the applications couldn't meet enough before March, so the date that they let people know got pushed back (one person didn't find out till May!). But this year the application was moved from Feb to Jan so it should be better this year. According to the website we should be getting notified Mid march to beginning of April. I am hoping sooner rather then later. The wait is driving me CRAZY!!!

I applied to U of A as well, and am also hoping that it doesn't take as long as last year to find out! Waiting is driving me crazy!! Every time I have an email notification or the phone rings I think 'this is it!', and it never is (or hasn't been so far)

This wait is killing me! And knowing that I could know next week is making it even worse, haha. The nightmares have started already. And I'm checking this board multiple times a day to see if anyone heard anything. Everyone else freaking out too?

I'm waiting on Dal and McGill. 

Canadian schools notify later so don't let the American acceptances freak you out! I keep reminding myself of this...

Painful, but true.  

Thanks, kk!  Yes, I received my departmental recommendation of acceptance on Monday and my official offer of admission from the university on Tuesday; but, I am a PhD student and I think those decisions are finalized a few weeks earlier than the M.Sc. decisions.  It takes some time to put our funding packages together and we probably have fewer applicants...I'm guessing those two factors may have something to do with it.  

I hope to see a post from you soon telling us all of your acceptance :) good luck!

PsycD, I just checked and I got into McGill!!!! I might see you there!!!! My dreams are coming true :')

PsycD, I just checked and I got into McGill!!!! I might see you there!!!! My dreams are coming true :')

WHAAAAAT?!?!?!  YAYYYYYY!!!!   :D  :D  :D

Congrats, kk!  That's fantastic!  I'm soooo happy for you.  You'll have to let me know what you decide!  

Congrats, kk.! That is seriously awesome!!! Did you receive an email to check the portal? My status still says submitted ><"

Thanks xjmi! I got an email with the subject line "Significant decision made." The email just told me to go check the portal and that's where I saw my acceptance! Best of luck to you!!! I hope you hear soon and that it is good news!!!

WHAAAAAT?!?!?!  YAYYYYYY!!!!   :D  :D  :D

Congrats, kk!  That's fantastic!  I'm soooo happy for you.  You'll have to let me know what you decide!  

I definitely will!! It feels like all the pressure and anxiety has been lifted off my shoulders. Now at least I know, I will become an SLP!!!!  :wub:

To everyone who is still waiting, BEST OF LUCK! I HOPE TO HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS FROM YOU GUYS SOON. HANG TIGHT!!!!

p.s. Thank you - for your words of encouragement and your kind reassurance earlier. It really helped to keep me sane.  :)  I hope we'll get a chance to meet in the near future. 

p.s. Thank you - for your words of encouragement and your kind reassurance earlier. It really helped to keep me sane.  :)  I hope we'll get a chance to meet in the near future. 

It was my pleasure  :)

Congrats again!!!  

I hope to come back to this thread soon and see that ALL of the McGill hopefuls have received acceptances! I think we're two for two so far.  :)

Congrats to  PsycD and kk!!

That is so exciting. I am waiting to hear back from Dal. Last year I got a rejection the 18th and a friend of mine was accepted a few days earlier. I have been stocking the mailbox!!!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting. I hope we hear soon!!!

I actually got an email from DAL today telling me that my application has been sent to the department of graduate studies and they are recommending me for admission. I also know another girl who got this email today too.

I actually got an email from DAL today telling me that my application has been sent to the department of graduate studies and they are recommending me for admission. I also know another girl who got this email today too.

Congrats to you kdot !!  You must be soooooo excited !!!

Hey everyone! Congrats on all the acceptances so far!

I'm waiting to hear from McGill too...the wait is just brutal. I check my email about 100 times per day! The status of mine changed from "submitted" to "in review", hopefully this means I'll find out soon? I've got an interview next week at Ottawa too, so I've been freaking out a little bit about that. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Edited by kckc