Canadian 2014 SLP

PsycD you were right! I just checked my email and got the "significant decision made" notice....and I got in too!!!  :o

HA!!! kckc I knew it was coming...CONGRATS!!! I'm sooooo happy for you!  I'm doing somersaults (in my mind)...

We're 3 for 3, guys!!!  :D

I swear they try their best to make you have a heart attack when they notify you.  

I didn't get the significant decision made email first...I received an email from someone whose name I didn't recognize (turned out to be the graduate program director) with only "PhD Admission" in the subject.  When I opened the email I saw that my POI was copied, but all that was written in the body was "See attached."  I just knew it was a rejection. That was the longest opening of an email attachment in my life.  

Pure torture.  :)

Still waiting to hear from Dalhousie.  Getting nervous that some people are hearing back and I haven't yet!  Sometimes coming to these forums makes things even more stressful, but I just can't stop coming!

Still waiting to hear from Dalhousie.  Getting nervous that some people are hearing back and I haven't yet!  Sometimes coming to these forums makes things even more stressful, but I just can't stop coming!

It's possible that Dalhousie let people with funding know first? I know that this is what UBC did. I agree with you that we should probably stay off of these forums! haha. 

DeafAudi: As far as I know, there's no funding for first year students in the SLP program at Dal.  However, maybe they're doing it in waves or something.  That's what I'm hoping for, anyway!

Hi all!

The wait is killing me! Has anyone else heard from McGill this week? So far it only looks like one of us has (congrats kk!). I don't know how much longer I can wait !

Thanks nicolafloo! HANG TIGHT! I hope you hear back soon!!! :)

PsycD you were right! I just checked my email and got the "significant decision made" notice....and I got in too!!!  :o

CONGRATS KCKC! Maybe we will be classmates in September!!!! :) And PsycD, you really do keep everyone sane!

It's possible that Dalhousie let people with funding know first? I know that this is what UBC did. I agree with you that we should probably stay off of these forums! haha. 

My friend who got a call from UBC on Feb 20th says they didn't have any information for her on funding yet; so her call was just acceptance and she didn't get called early because she got a scholarship. I think maybe UBC was just getting a head start this year? I have no idea. Or maybe doing it in waves.

Also, I got an email from Western giving me a Western ID number. I know we don't find out until April 1st, but have other Western applicants gotten this email? Keep a look out for it in the coming weeks if you haven't yet! 

Hahaha thanks PsycD and kk!!! This is all so exciting! Maybe we will be! :) 

Yup, I got that email from Western too. Just a few more weeks to go everyone!

I sent an email this morning to McGill about my application status and they said that «final decisions will be posted by early next week» and my application status went from 'submitted' to 'in review'.

Some people I know will be interviewed next week at Ottawa.

Also, I got an email from Western giving me a Western ID number. I know we don't find out until April 1st, but have other Western applicants gotten this email? Keep a look out for it in the coming weeks if you haven't yet! 

Everyone got that email last year. However when I first saw the email in my inbox, it practically gave me a heart attack. 

Congrats to everyone who's gotten in already, and best of luck to everyone! 

I sent an email this morning to McGill about my application status and they said that «final decisions will be posted by early next week» and my application status went from 'submitted' to 'in review'.

It's coming soon...get ready! :-)

Hey! I'm also waiting on Dal - out of curiosity, what does your decision say on the application status page? Do you know if they update there first or after letters are received?

I checked my application status after I received the email and it still say items incomplete, written notification to follow so it hasn't been updated yet. I would worry too much yet though

Woah, wait... there is an application status page? I  had no idea I could even check that haha!

*Update - I figured out how to find it. Look like mine has not been updated yet. It only has my current Dal info (I am taking some undergraduate courses). Ugh, I am so nervous now! I hope we all find out sooooooooon!

Edited by 2014 Appy

I totally agree Trejsi. I used to check these forums a few times a week.... now it's at least 3 times a day lol!!! I have also been following the "how are you coping with the torture of waiting" and the "less competitive grad school" SLP forums. They can be pretty entertaining and It's a good reminder that we are all in this together  :) People are starting to share cookie recipes. Dangerous...... haha!

I checked my application status after I received the email and it still say items incomplete, written notification to follow so it hasn't been updated yet. I would worry too much yet though

Glad to see that 'items incomplete' doesn't mean I messed something up!!

I got that Western Email as well! Gave me some false hope for sure !!!

The McGill wait is just killing me, they seem to be sending out decisions sporadically.....I wish they had a specific notification date like ORPAS does.

I check this forum and my email at least once an hour...! 

The McGill wait is just killing me, they seem to be sending out decisions sporadically.....I wish they had a specific notification date like ORPAS does.

I check this forum and my email at least once an hour...! 

Another McGill Applicant! They'll be done with notifications early next week...hopefully you won't have to wait that long!  

Also, once an hour is not enough...once every 5 minutes is a MUST when a decision is imminent  :)

Another McGill Applicant! They'll be done with notifications early next week...hopefully you won't have to wait that long!  

Also, once an hour is not enough...once every 5 minutes is a MUST when a decision is imminent  :)

I may have under-reported my activity on here...haha....I keep it open on my laptop and simply hit refresh every 60 seconds  :wacko:  :P

I have a friend who's a current SLP student at McGill, she said she spoke with the secretary yesterday and their system is changed this year - it's automated and acceptances went out yesterday to everyone at the same time. 

I have a friend who's a current SLP student at McGill, she said she spoke with the secretary yesterday and their system is changed this year - it's automated and acceptances went out yesterday to everyone at the same time. 

Well that's quite interesting because the people who have been accepted on here did not all receive their acceptances yesterday...the notifications have been staggered.  

Well that's quite interesting because the people who have been accepted on here did not all receive their acceptances yesterday...the notifications have been staggered.  

I'm just reporting the information that I got :) She simply said it was now automated this year and that the secretary was not individually sending out acceptances. 

I'm just reporting the information that I got :) She simply said it was now automated this year and that the secretary was not individually sending out acceptances. 

Trust me...ALL information is greatly appreciated  :). I just wanted to make that comment for all of those still waiting. We were just discussing last night about how staggered the acceptances have been this cycle, and I don't want anyone giving up or losing hope until they know for sure. 

Thank you CaraL for the information and PsycD for preserving our hope !   :rolleyes:

Maybe they had some problem with the automated process...  It looks like 2 people got in since 2 days, and I feel that some more people should have reported their acceptance on this forum if massive offer was already done...