Canadian 2014 SLP

I just discovered this forum a couple of days ago and noticed that a few people had already heard back from McGill. I applied to McGill as well as UofT and Western and I have found all of your comments quite helpful. I have yet to hear back from McGill and my application status in the application portal still says "submitted" rather than "in review". Should I be concerned about this? 

Also if anyone is able to provide me with the results link for the grad cafe canada admissions that would be great!

Thank you!! 

I just discovered this forum a couple of days ago and noticed that a few people had already heard back from McGill. I applied to McGill as well as UofT and Western and I have found all of your comments quite helpful. I have yet to hear back from McGill and my application status in the application portal still says "submitted" rather than "in review". Should I be concerned about this? 

Also if anyone is able to provide me with the results link for the grad cafe canada admissions that would be great!

Thank you!! 

Hey alanakir,

There isn't a specific Canadian admissions page (at least I don't think so). I've just been monitoring the general results page and narrowing my search down to "speech-language pathology" and organizing by date. McGill is inconsistent with updating their portal, I believe. Some people had their status change very abruptly with little time in between. Mine went from complete and "Submitted" back to "Incomplete" in early February. Then after receiving emails and messages instructing me to reupload documents and exchanging messages (it was all very confusing) with the Administrator through the portal, my status was changed to 'In Review' on February 11th. On the same date the Administrator confirmed that they had received everything and that they had changed my status manually. I got my acceptance last Wednesday on March 12 and after receiving the "Significant Decision Made" email, I checked the portal and my status was "Decision Made."

Bear in mind that it has been different for everyone, regardless of whether or not they have heard back yet. I wouldn't be too concerned since a lot of people are still waiting and they are in the same situation as you!

Good luck! I can't wait until April 1st. Fingers crossed for everyone!!!

p.s. Congrats Saly and everyone else who has gotten in! I went a day without checking the forum and now I am so behind in my congratulatory wishes!

Hi all,

I've been lurking this page since the beginning of this month, I applied to Western, U of T and McGill.

My friend got her email on Sunday for an acceptance for McGill and I was devastated that I didn't get it! However, this morning I got an email that I was put on the waitlist. Did anyone else get this too? I called them and asked if I can get the ranking but they said they re review everyone's applicaton after April 8th.

Anyway, congrats to those who got accepted already but if there's any reasonable doubt about McGill, please know there's someone here who's dying to go.. it's been my dream school forever hahaha!!! Best of luck to everyone!!!! April 1st can't come any sooner

speechykeen, 

The waitlist is better than a rejection, I have my fingers crossed for you! My account STILL says 'In Review' and I haven't gotten any sort of emails yet. The wait is killing me. 

Don't give up, guys! I'm still not giving up hope that all of you will get accepted. And even if you don't, I will still be hoping they made a mistake and meant to accept you.

Edited by PsycD

I too have been lurking and its time to post! I've applied to audiology at uottawa and western. Had my uottawa interview yesterday and while it wasn't my best interview I'm happy with it! Does anyone have any idea how many people they are interviewing over the next few days? Im just trying to figure out my odds!

If they now gives answers to the persons on the wait list, I think that's it for those who have no answer yet, including me !  :(

I'm not letting you give up hope. We're being positive hahaha  :wub:  !!! 

Anyway, congrats to everyone who gets in, you all deserved it and  special good luck to Speechykeen   :D

Thanks to PsychD who was their to cheer me up every time and to kk also, a special congrats to you !   :wub:

Good luck to nicolafloo, you still have you chances to get in !

Don't be sad for me, I'll gonna be an SLP anyway, I got in at UQTR !

E, no more farewell/thank you speeches!

Think about it...it makes sense that your app would take longer. You applied to the combined research program, so not only do they have to review your app for admission, but they also have to pair you with a research supervisor. AND you know they have to get the PhD students squared away first.

You can give up if you want, but we're still hoping for the best!

nicolafloo, esselpy,

don't worry, im sure they'll give waitlists out in waves as well! virtual hugs and fingers crossed thorughout!!

we'll get through this, come april 1st, and later I'm sure us keen slp forum posters will get in :)

thanks for all the support, this group would make phenomenal speech pathologists!

I'm not letting you give up hope. We're being positive hahaha  :wub:  !!! 

If they now gives answers to the persons on the wait list, I think that's it for those who have no answer yet, including me !  :(

Guys... :(    I am trying to stay positive too, but it's getting hard. This week long stress (since McGill began admitting) has been so painful.  

Any program would be lucky to have such passionate SLP's as you guys. 

Fingers crossed, and rabbits feet in hand for all of us (though I'm not superstitious at this point I'll take the good luck charms)

Whatever the answer, may we find out soon.

I too have been lurking and its time to post! I've applied to audiology at uottawa and western. Had my uottawa interview yesterday and while it wasn't my best interview I'm happy with it! Does anyone have any idea how many people they are interviewing over the next few days? Im just trying to figure out my odds!

Hey Charleezweez! All I know is that between SLP and audiology combined they interview a max of 90, but that depends year to year. And there are 20 spots for SLP and I want to say 9 for audiology? But I could totally be making those numbers up! Wish I could tell you more!

Guys... :(    I am trying to stay positive too, but it's getting hard. This week long stress (since McGill began admitting) has been so painful.  

Any program would be lucky to have such passionate SLP's as you guys. 

I know it's hard, and totally understandable to get discouraged.  All of us have been through every emotion imaginable at various times throughout this process, so we get how you feel.  But that's what we're here for...to keep up the positivity when yours starts to wane. We got ya covered... :).

Hey all,

I too have been following this forum for a while and decided to make a quick post. I have applied to Western, U of T and McGill. Today my application status at McGill finally changed from "submitted" to "in review", and they told me all decisions will be posted by the end of the week, so the wait is almost over! April 1st on the other hand can't come fast enough. I must admit the fact that several have already posted about acceptances and wait listings is not so reassuring, but all we can do is stay positive until we know for sure! Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who have already received acceptances!

Hey everyone!

I've been following the forums for about a year now, and I must say - the anxiety I felt last year reading about all the acceptances/waitlist/rejections is nothing compared to what I feel now that I'm actually going through the process haha. I'm pulling for UBC as well - VancitySLP I hope we hear back soon!!

Best of luck to all those waiting to hear back from McGill, Dal and U of A! It really is no fun when they only give you a ballpark figure on when they'll give notice.. at this point I just want to know so the constant feeling of nausea subsides...

Edited by aykl

Hey deafaudi and vancity, I wanted to give you guys a heads up- I received an acceptance email from UBC yesterday. Have either of you heard anything from them? I'm pulling for you both!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just saw your (I think) post in the results search. I'm happy for you! I'm a repeat applicant so I am really hoping for this year! I didn't hear anything, no. Did they say anything about when they will be notifying Audiology?

Hey Charleezweez! All I know is that between SLP and audiology combined they interview a max of 90, but that depends year to year. And there are 20 spots for SLP and I want to say 9 for audiology? But I could totally be making those numbers up! Wish I could tell you more!

Yep I checked the orpas pdf document and they have figures for how many applications to admissions they had last year which helps a bit. Someone asked our bell ringer how many they had coming for interviews and I couldn't remember the answer! Oh well, guess I'm just stuck waiting these next 2 weeks out!

Edited by charleezweez