Canadian 2014 SLP

Thanks 2014 Appy!

Congrats to everyone who has heard so far! Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Congrats, kk.! That is seriously awesome!!! Did you receive an email to check the portal? My status still says submitted ><"

xjmi,

I just remembered. My status was 'submitted' after the deadline for applications, but earlier last month I got a few emails and messages from the portal that said some of my transcripts needed to be re-uploaded. My status has been listed as 'In Review' ever since I uploaded new documents (until today, that is).

I think you should check for some internal messages on the portal - I didn't even notice them at first (they are on the left side after you sign in). I got a few messages from the 'Administrator' and it was a little bit confusing because apparently, they wanted me to reupload the pre-req form too, despite only asking for transcripts. I needed to get a lot of clarification from them because the instructions were quite unclear. If your status is currently 'Submitted' and not 'In Review,' I encourage you to follow-up with the university! 

Edited by kk.

Hey everyone! Congrats on all the acceptances so far!

I'm waiting to hear from McGill too...the wait is just brutal. I check my email about 100 times per day! The status of mine changed from "submitted" to "in review", hopefully this means I'll find out soon? I've got an interview next week at Ottawa too, so I've been freaking out a little bit about that. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Hey kckc!

I went from "In Review" to receiving the "Significant Decision Made" email in a very short amount of time. I'm sure your decision is coming soon!

My status at McGill still reads 'submitted'.  I am getting more and more anxious !!

Deep breaths! It might be showing up differently on everyone's accounts and as PsycD said, it's possible for statuses to change quickly! 

I heard someone in my linguistics class today say that they received an acceptance email or call from U of A today... Anyone else hear from them? 

Edited by Beeee25

Hey all, 

I have read the whole forum and noticed no one has talked about applying to the university of Alberta. Just wondering if anyone has applied there. Would love to chat with you if you have :) This waiting game is torturous!

Hey uofabound, 

Have you heard anything yet? I agree.. This waiting game is the worst. 

I also know someone who got accepted to uofA today too. If you haven't heard anything yet I wouldn't freak out yet. On the boards from last year it seems like a few people found out early and then a week later more people found out, so there's definitely still a chance you'll get in! Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear! The wait is painful and any bit of good news helps

My status at McGill still reads 'submitted'.  I am getting more and more anxious !!

I went all the way from submitted status to decision made status in a matter of days. Like kk said it was very fast.

Hey uofabound, 

Have you heard anything yet? I agree.. This waiting game is the worst. 

Hey Beeee25, 

No I haven't heard anything yet. I have been checking a few times a day. 

To the people who have heard that people have been accepted do you know if they were contacted by phone or by email? Knowing that some people have been accepted just makes me even more nervous and anxious :(

Thank you PsycD and kk for your support !  

I know that I should be relieved  after my admission at UQTR, but I can help myself but to be anxious about McGill.  My heart is with McGill...

Good luck everyone who's still waiting !

Hey Beeee25, 

No I haven't heard anything yet. I have been checking a few times a day. 

To the people who have heard that people have been accepted do you know if they were contacted by phone or by email? Knowing that some people have been accepted just makes me even more nervous and anxious :(

I don't know if it was an email or phone call. Makes me super anxious too..

Just contacted U of A. The secretary said that they are just starting to contact people now, but that it is a long process, because they have to wait on people to let them know if they are accepting their spot at U of A. Also, she said people probably wouldn't know if they were for sure rejected for another couple of months! She said if you haven't heard anything yet to hang tight and not be too worried. I asked how many people applied this year and she said just over 230...

Congrats kckc that is fantastic !!!!!

Did the email specify your acceptance or did you have to look at the portal to check for the decision? 

Thanks so much! You have to go back to the portal.. I think they enjoy drawing out the anticipation haha. I hope you hear soon too!

Congrats to  PsycD and kk!!

That is so exciting. I am waiting to hear back from Dal. Last year I got a rejection the 18th and a friend of mine was accepted a few days earlier. I have been stocking the mailbox!!!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting. I hope we hear soon!!!

Hey! I'm also waiting on Dal - out of curiosity, what does your decision say on the application status page? Do you know if they update there first or after letters are received?

I checked my application status after I received the email and it still say items incomplete, written notification to follow so it hasn't been updated yet. I would worry too much yet though

I checked my application status after I received the email and it still say items incomplete, written notification to follow so it hasn't been updated yet. I would worry too much yet though

Ah kk thank you! Mine says complete, written notification to follow. It sounds like they're letting people know in waves so I'm hoping to hear back soon! I'm out of province, I wonder if they let in-province people know first? I'm wildly speculating all possibilities