Canadian 2014 SLP

This may be an unanswerable question, but for the people who have been accepted to U of A has there been a trend in regards to what day people find out? The whole sending out acceptances in waves thing is so cruel!

I found out last Monday, first thing in the morning.  

I have a friend who found out last monday in the afternoon, and another girl i know found out on a wednesday around supper time so it seems like it could happen any time 

CONGRATS KK!!!! I don't know what this means either but it must be good things! I hope one day I can get there too...

Now that I think about it kckc, it might just be that the site feels that I am getting more and more high-strung as April 1st approaches...

Hey everyone,

For those of you wondering about Dalhousie, I received an email on March 12th saying that the department has given me a positive recommendation for admission. So they definitely have at least started to let people know about their admission decisions. The deadline to accept/decline is April 7th so I'm sure you will be hearing soon! Good luck!!

I heard by email so keep checking there too!

Thanks!  I am on the lookout!

Hey everyone, I've been lurking this thread for a while now and finally just made an account. Think it's safe to say that UBC has sent out all of their acceptances and wait-listers already? :( I've applied for SLP, second time around.

Hey everyone,

For those of you wondering about Dalhousie, I received an email on March 12th saying that the department has given me a positive recommendation for admission. So they definitely have at least started to let people know about their admission decisions. The deadline to accept/decline is April 7th so I'm sure you will be hearing soon! Good luck!!

Congrats *SLP! I haven't heard anything from Dal yet, but hopefully we hear soon! I am 99% sure I will accept U of A though so if anyone else hears from U of A, I would love to meet some future classmates! 

Edited by SALY

Hi everyone. I've finally decided to post something. I got my acceptance to U of A on March 17. Still waiting to hear from U of T and Western. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Hey there,

I've been following this for quite a while and decided to post something! I was accepted to the University of Alberta on March 17th and am still waiting for April 1st to find out about UofT and Western. I was rejected from McGill like many others and am waiting to hear back from DAL. Good luck to everybody else waiting to hear back from schools! 

Has anyone heard from U of A this week? I'm starting to lose hope (it's my top choice), because most of my classmates heard from them last week. Also, do you think it would be okay to phone them Monday if I haven't heard to find out what my application status is? The timeframe to accept my offer to McGill is becoming smaller and smaller, and I'm really impatient!

Has anyone heard from U of A this week? I'm starting to lose hope (it's my top choice), because most of my classmates heard from them last week. Also, do you think it would be okay to phone them Monday if I haven't heard to find out what my application status is? The timeframe to accept my offer to McGill is becoming smaller and smaller, and I'm really impatient!

I called U of A last year in regards to my application status because I had a deadline from Dal and they told me I was wait-listed. It should be no problem for you to contact them because you have a deadline for McGill.

I hope you get accepted to your first choice, cause that would mean there's a chance for speechykeen and me for McGill!!! :D

Edited by MtlGal

Yes you should call! The worst that could happen is they say they don't know yet! Congrats on McGill though!!! Fingers crossed for Edmonton  :)  :)  :)

I hope you get accepted to your first choice, cause that would mean there's a chance for speechykeen and me for McGill!!! :D

This is hilarious!!!!! I was just thinking the exact same thing and was going to quote or tag you (whatever the term is on this thing) !!! =) 

This is hilarious!!!!! I was just thinking the exact same thing and was going to quote or tag you (whatever the term is on this thing) !!! =) 

I actually just spoke to one of my volunteer supervisors, and she said that a past volunteer from many years ago was waitlisted at McGill but got into U of A. She didn't hear from McGill for the longest time and had actually moved to Alberta and was ready to start there, when McGill finally contacted her. So she dropped everything and moved back here! So, to quote Arwen, there is still hope!!!

I actually just spoke to one of my volunteer supervisors, and she said that a past volunteer from many years ago was waitlisted at McGill but got into U of A. She didn't hear from McGill for the longest time and had actually moved to Alberta and was ready to start there, when McGill finally contacted her. So she dropped everything and moved back here! So, to quote Arwen, there is still hope!!!

thank you!!! Goodness, I'm really rooting for us! Hope they don't string us out until August, just the thought of that makes me shudder :ph34r:  :( Is McGill your first choice?  :)

From last year's thread, it seems like they email acceptances and waitlists/rejections come by mail.

I can confirm this! All of my friends who got in from the past 3-4 years have all been emailed their acceptances!

p.s. Congrats to everyone who has gotten into UofA (and Dal? Dal has started accepting, yes?) 

It feels like it's been a while since I've lurked and I feel very behind in what is happening for other schools since I'm just waiting on ORPAS now.

This morning I got an email acceptance from Dalhousie! My first acceptance and this is my second round applying. I'm so incredibly happy. Still waiting to hear from Alberta, Western, and Toronto but I am just thankful to have gotten in somewhere!

Congrats to everyone else who has gotten acceptances this week!!!

I can confirm this! All of my friends who got in from the past 3-4 years have all been emailed their acceptances!

p.s. Congrats to everyone who has gotten into UofA (and Dal? Dal has started accepting, yes?) 

It feels like it's been a while since I've lurked and I feel very behind in what is happening for other schools since I'm just waiting on ORPAS now.

From last year's thread, it seems like they email acceptances and waitlists/rejections come by mail.

Thank you!!!