popular things you hate

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I don't trust anyone who says they don't like children wtf  :o

It's not the kids I don't like, it's generally the parents. 

Washington DC.

One of my friends loves it because of the restaurants. I'm not so big on going out to eat. I like to go out sometimes, but I definitely don't need to, and it doesn't weigh on my opinions of an area. And I've had bad luck in DC, especially with the cockroaches...

Huh. My phone's dictionary didn't know what a "cockroach" was. o_O

DC is pretty cool in my opinion and the food is good when it is not overpriced. 

They are called water bugs, by the way.  The rats are huge, too.  

Also, when did people start taking pride in not understanding stuff?

In the U.S., sometime in the 1950s. 

California weather (i.e. sun)

California weather is why I left.  I hear it is why people want to move there, though. Good luck to them.  

-any comedy film made in the last ten years whose jokes revolve around excrement, alcohol abuse, getting high, being a 40ish overweight man-child, getting tattoos that you regret, and impregnating people accidentally/finding a baby on your hands accidentally (I'm looking at you, Judd Apatow) 

Cheech and Chong were doing this about 40 years ago.  

For anyone who wants to know what parenthood is all about, you should watch some Louis CK stand-up. Kids and parents are both terrible. However, sometimes having kids is fun, and that annoying biological connection forces us to tolerate (and -gasp- love) the little narcissists ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Camping. Skiing. Generally being outside. Give me a cozy fire and a mug of cocoa any day. 

Edit: this is part of the reason I never felt at home growing up in California. Every friggin' weekend, everyone was either camping at the beach, hiking in the canyons, or going snowboarding. I applied to mostly CA schools in part to move closer to my family, but truth be told, I really don't want to live there. 

Edited by grad_wannabe

Reality TV and any "celebrities" involved in such debauchery (seriously...why?), TV sports (if it's live, I get it..but on TV?), the show "Friends", sweet jam/jelly on savory food.

Edited by Gvh

... pumpkin spice flavored anything

Agreed - pumpkin spice belongs in pumpkin pie. PERIOD. It does not belong in anything else, especially coffee, the only thing that belongs in coffee is coffee

Can you explain that? Do you mean liquor in general? Haha.

Dr. Who.

bourbon, vodka, scotch etc in bottles labeled 'bourbon', 'vodka', 'scotch', the cheap crap you get at a bar when you simply ask for a whatever.