popular things you hate

Guest Gnome Chomsky

Guest Gnome Chomsky

Here is one that I think many people will disagree with:

Bacon.

You damn near made the Internet crash!

You damn near made the Internet crash!

I get a lot of crap from co-workers for having this sentiment.  But as I explain it to them: If you enjoy bacon and I don't, there is more bacon for you!

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I get a lot of crap from co-workers for having this sentiment.  But as I explain it to them: If you enjoy bacon and I don't, there is more bacon for you!

I'll pray for you.

My list:

- Rap music

- Seasonal food crazes, like pumkin spice everything, shamrock shakes, etc.

- Trendy food crazes (i.e. raw veganism, juice cleanses, gluten free diets, anything that involves kale, etc. Granted if you're making a dietary decision for specific health/cultural reasons, you've consulted your doctor, done your research etc. then fine. But if you're doing it just because it's trendy, then no...)

- Smart phone apps like snapchat, tinder, etc.

- Selfies

- Disney movies

Washington DC.

One of my friends loves it because of the restaurants. I'm not so big on going out to eat. I like to go out sometimes, but I definitely don't need to, and it doesn't weigh on my opinions of an area. And I've had bad luck in DC, especially with the cockroaches...

Huh. My phone's dictionary didn't know what a "cockroach" was. o_O

New York City - smells like pee in the very congested areas

that show "Lost" - ppl asked me if I didn't watch it because others liked it...i just didn't watch it because I didn't like it

also Bacon - the texture is wonderful but the taste is not that great plus its greasy

Pizza - its aight

Comedies (movies/shows) 

Beer - surrounded by peers who like Beer...

Bread - just not a huge fan

Edited by i.am.me

1)Rap, Hip Hop, Club and whatever crap Kesha, Miley Cirus, Justin Beiber etc etc play.

2)Europeans - overrated and a totally weird sense of entitlement.

3) LOL this, LOL that, You've Got SWAG, OMFG You are a Swaggot,. ( SWAG.....?????????.- what does it even mean??)

4) Vodka

5) the fetish to put everything You see on Instagram.

6) the Chinese fetish for white thing

1)Rap, Hip Hop, Club and whatever crap Kesha, Miley Cirus, Justin Beiber etc etc play.

2)Europeans - overrated and a totally weird sense of entitlement.

3) LOL this, LOL that, You've Got SWAG, OMFG You are a Swaggot,. ( SWAG.....?????????.- what does it even mean??)

4) Vodka

5) the fetish to put everything You see on Instagram.

6) the Chinese fetish for white thing

Yay, casual racism! Keeping it classy around here. :-/

All the things you hate are some of my most favorite things in life.  Pizza? Ok I have to know what makes you hate pizza?

Because of cheese. I don't like cheese and to a lesser extent, carb. I believe pizza falls under the "cheese-related stuff" I mentioned above.

But don't worry, I'm sure you'd hate some of my most favorite things in life too. We're different people after all ;)

Steak.

Apple pie.

Cherry pie.

The music that plays at work (I work at a casual clothing retailer. A few songs aren't bad, but when I hear "Tell them that it's my birthday when I party like that" over and over again, it turns into senseless, droning noise.)

Watching sports on TV.

Staying out late for a night on the town.

DANCING. Please don't make me dance ... 

Edited by gingin6789

The music that plays at work (I work at a casual clothing retailer. A few songs aren't bad, but when I hear "Tell them that it's my birthday when I party like that" over and over again, it turns into senseless, droning noise.)

I used to work as an assistant manager at Abercrombie and Fitch. Terrible.

Big Brother

Milk

Dempsters brand bread (is this a Canadian thing?)

Beer

Candy Crush (the Iphone app)

Speaking of candy: candy corn. Seriously, does anyone actually like those?!?! lol.

Edited by DeafAudi

I'm not into being a close-minded hater.

I look for the good in everything.

Also, when did people start taking pride in not understanding stuff?

Ah I don't think anyone is being a "hater" or necessarily "close-minded" here. We all have things we hate, even after we gave them a fair try, and sometimes those things are popular and it can really create an interesting dissonance, at least in my case. I mean who can really hate chocolate? Chocolate! But then I do know a few in my life and I'm still friend with them, so it's all in jest really. I think we're all sharing those here for fun and feign indignation when someone lists something we really like, but not to rain on anyone's parade. Check out the thread "Books not to read" in the Lit forum and see how people can have such different opinions about something they're all very passionate about and still be very open-minded about it.

The Beatles.

I don't actually outright hate them, but there are about a million other things I'd rather do than listen to those mopheads.  I never saw what was so great about them.  Maybe I'd like them more if they weren't overhyped?  I think sometimes I feel obliged to dislike the things of the world it is practically illegal to dislike.

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I'm not into being a close-minded hater.

I look for the good in everything.

Also, when did people start taking pride in not understanding stuff?

Not sure if you're serious. This thread is pretty light-hearted. I said I hate caramel. That hardly makes me close-minded. 

On the other hand, I guess I just don't understand caramel. 

Edited by Gnome Chomsky

Not sure if you're serious. This thread is pretty light-hearted. I said I hate caramel. That hardly makes me close-minded. 

On the other hand, I guess I just don't understand caramel. 

I hate hate.

I'm kidding mostly except for the part about looking for good in things. Obviously, not everything is for everyone.

I do however think there can be a perverse sense of pride taken in the things people don't like. Not sure what to make of it exactly.

But yes, I'm being mostly facetious by posting this in this thread. I was initially going to extol the virtues of sculpture and then clarify that Hip Hop is a genre and Rapping is a thing a person does. But that seemed like a lost cause.

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I hate hate.

I'm kidding mostly except for the part about looking for good in things. Obviously, not everything is for everyone.

I do however think there can be a perverse sense of pride taken in the things people don't like. Not sure what to make of it exactly.

But yes, I'm being mostly facetious by posting this in this thread. I was initially going to extol the virtues of sculpture and then clarify that Hip Hop is a genre and Rapping is a thing a person does. But that seemed like a lost cause.

I feel you on the Hip Hop point. That always annoyed me. I was a big time Hip Hop follower (the four elements) when I was young: tagging, breaking, rapping, spinning. I "hate" that people don't know what Hip Hop is. I also hate the non-Hip Hop music that has flooded the Hip Hop airways. Everything has singing, a techno beat, and Miley Cyrus on it. What happened to the good ol days?