popular things you hate

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I have a phobia of big dogs and all my friends are like look clairenicole isn't that puppy so cute!!! When really that "puppy" is a full grown Mastiff and I'm busting my ass trying to cross the street to get away from it. Also, Taylor Swift annoys me to no end.

Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit (the movies).  I didn't see the BS Hobbit franchise but the movies put me to sleep every time.

I love LOTRs and the Hobbit! I read the books in middle school before the movies (and Legolas AKA Orlando Bloom) became popular.

Are you human??

I know people who worked for Hershey's who hated chocolate- all chocolate. (for the record, I am *very* picky about my chocolate after working chocolate tastings)

Open concept homes. DH loves them. I want center passage, which he hates.

Automatic transmissions.

Sculpture.

Lorde.

The British Museum.

Automatic transmissions are for people too lazy to learn to drive properly. Sculpture just really annoys me. It isn't interesting or exciting or capable of producing an emotional response. Lorde is a cartoon hedonist. The British Museum is way too crowded, with tourists taking selfies in front of the Rosetta Stone preventing you from getting more any more than a brief glimpse at the thing, and the rest of the museum is simply loads of stuff looted by British noblemen from the four corners of the globe.

Comedy shows like Workaholics that don't take the time to actually write good jokes but instead rely on racy material to get viewers. It seems like there are a lot of shows like this out there now. I don't hate racy material, I just think too many people rely on it as a crutch. Good examples of comedians who are racy but still joke-based and smart are Tosh and Jeselnik, IMO.

Comedy shows like Workaholics that don't take the time to actually write good jokes but instead rely on racy material to get viewers. It seems like there are a lot of shows like this out there now. I don't hate racy material, I just think too many people rely on it as a crutch. Good examples of comedians who are racy but still joke-based and smart are Tosh and Jeselnik, IMO.

Reminds me of Saturday Night Live. I just don't think it's very funny.

Agree completely and would add vulgarity to the mix. I think Tosh and Jeselnik are very good at delivering unexpected punchlines.

To the main topic, cheese, pizza, lasagna, most of the things cheese-related really. Cinnamon and Starbucks. Animal patterns and bedazzled stuff. Reality TV. Apple products.

How hipster of you. 

LOL, hardly! At least, I wouldn't classify myself as one (not even sure I know what being a hipster would entail except that I would consider my younger brothers, who are in their 20s, to be hipsters, and that's based on just a surface-level knowledge of hipsterism... skinny jeans, big glasses, skinny, anti-mainstream culture).

Agree completely and would add vulgarity to the mix. I think Tosh and Jeselnik are very good at delivering unexpected punchlines.

To the main topic, cheese, pizza, lasagna, most of the things cheese-related really. Cinnamon and Starbucks. Animal patterns and bedazzled stuff. Reality TV. Apple products.

All the things you hate are some of my most favorite things in life.  Pizza? Ok I have to know what makes you hate pizza?

I have a phobia of big dogs and all my friends are like look clairenicole isn't that puppy so cute!!! When really that "puppy" is a full grown Mastiff and I'm busting my ass trying to cross the street to get away from it. Also, Taylor Swift annoys me to no end.

THIS!!! For me I get annoyed when people refuse to train their dogs and they try to justify their giant dog jumping all over me as "oh he's just trying to play..." Our neighbor had a giant husky like this. Don't get me wrong, beautiful dog but horrible behavior. The dog got out of their yard once (I don't know how, it had a shock collar) and tried to tackle my mom to the ground (she has a herniated disk in her back, so if it succeeded it could have been awful for her). Our neighbors response? "Oh she's just being friendly..." Luckily they moved a few years later. I'm sorry, but if you have a large dog it should not be allowed to just jump all over random people. So I guess "big dogs" can also be added to my list of "things everyone loves except me"

My list:

- Rap music

- Seasonal food crazes, like pumkin spice everything, shamrock shakes, etc.

- Trendy food crazes (i.e. raw veganism, juice cleanses, gluten free diets, anything that involves kale, etc. Granted if you're making a dietary decision for specific health/cultural reasons, you've consulted your doctor, done your research etc. then fine. But if you're doing it just because it's trendy, then no...)

- Smart phone apps like snapchat, tinder, etc.

- Selfies

- Disney movies