popular things you hate

Guest Gnome Chomsky

Actually, I'm from Los Angeles. But my dream job is in the pacific northwest! :D

I'd trade locations in a heartbeat, but alas History is not my area. Really, given your preferences, it's your icon that confuses me!

Jennifer Lawrence--a beautiful, young, Hollywood a-lister taking bragging about she loves being "fat" and "lazy", and the popular media applauding her for her "bravery".  Sorry, does not compute.  

Hear, hear!

Not to mention, she's not fat. 

Peanut Butter. Just the smell of it makes me gag. Then the taste :shudders:

Also, how everywhere in the country besides NYC puts mustard on your burger automatically. I never asked for it! So all during my undergrad in Ohio I kept forgetting to say no mustard, and I always remembered when it was too late. Yuck!

-Pizza (almost any that you can buy, unless it's homemade/from a small local alternative thin crust place where they don't drown everything in grease and melted cheese)

-grilled cheese sandwiches (for the same reason)

-living the the pacific northwest and scorning to use umbrellas (I live in Germany now and I LOVE how people of all ages use umbrellas and it isn't scornworthy) 

-any comedy film made in the last ten years whose jokes revolve around excrement, alcohol abuse, getting high, being a 40ish overweight man-child, getting tattoos that you regret, and impregnating people accidentally/finding a baby on your hands accidentally (I'm looking at you, Judd Apatow) 

I would say just by being on the forum today, I apparently hate these eminently popular things other forumites love:

-the misogynist word "mangina,"

-withholding empathy from anybody who's fat,

-willfully disregarding the difference between prejudice and racism.

-living the the pacific northwest and scorning to use umbrellas (I live in Germany now and I LOVE how people of all ages use umbrellas and it isn't scornworthy) 

hehehe so true. 

It's seemingly popular for people to go over their 15 allotted minutes at conferences and choose to ignore the panel when they tell them they are out of time - I hate this. 

Edited by DigDeep

It's big in Seattle. I had it my last two times there because you can't find it anywhere down here in Miami. To be honest, there's nothing special about it. I usually get the meat combo one. The broth is flavorless and the meat usually has no flavor. There's really no flavor to it. Sure, if you load up on meat it can fill you up, but that doesn't mean it tastes good. I guess that's why people saturate it with siracha. 

Oh wow, really??? The broth I've had has always been so flavorful that I don't feel the need for soy or sriracha or anything!  If you're ever in the central PA area, I will recommend some *tasty* pho places for you, just in case you feel like giving it another try =)

...my belly is rumbling now ... 

Edited by gingin6789

How I met your mother and ice cream. 

I have to dodge rude comments when I say that out loud.

I understand hating How I Met Your Mother (I hate myself for having previously liked it), but what's so awful about ice cream?

Jeans suck. I will never understand people who wear them day in, day out.

Chewing with my mouth open. A few people I know swear by it for flavor. The noise is so disgusting to me, even when I'm the one doing it!

There's someone doing that behind me on the bus right now and I don't have headphones. First world problems...

I understand hating How I Met Your Mother (I hate myself for having previously liked it), but what's so awful about ice cream?

Jeans suck. I will never understand people who wear them day in, day out.

Omg, yes. I would live in yoga pants and leggings if I could.