popular things you hate

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I understand hating How I Met Your Mother (I hate myself for having previously liked it), but what's so awful about ice cream?

Jeans suck. I will never understand people who wear them day in, day out.

You know, too cold, it hurts my teeth and I can't enjoy the flavor when I'm busy trying not to freeze my mouth. I can have ice cream from time to time, but I can live without it too! =)

Chewing with my mouth open. A few people I know swear by it for flavor. The noise is so disgusting to me, even when I'm the one doing it!

Are you saying that people intentionally chew with their mouths open because they think it makes the food taste more flavorful? o__o

Are you saying that people intentionally chew with their mouths open because they think it makes the food taste more flavorful? o__o

it makes sense. taste is complemented by smell, and vice versa.

(on a side note, I've heard of a story of a guy recovering from hydrogen cyanide poisoning, who said he was able to taste the HCN)

Yes! Someone told me this! I won't even try it. Not worth it for the awful noise. :P

Omg, yes. I would live in yoga pants and leggings if I could. 

I discovered running knickers (athleta's bare to run, perfect length for my stubby legs) the other week. I still love my jeans but I never want to take the knickers off. Even if I plan to work out in the afternoon I'll put them on in the morning, if I'm just working around the house.

This may be a controversial one....but...children. I can't. I don't even know what to say to them when they're being "cute."

Same here. I'm working on a way to safely sterilize myself unless Vasalgel gets approved...

Looking at a map of the world on Google maps (or Google Earth or something), and then zooming in or out at any point. Most people find it a convenience, but I have to close my eyes because it just freaks me out. It's some sort of irrational fear I have.

• 3 weeks later...

This may be a controversial one....but...children. I can't. I don't even know what to say to them when they're being "cute."

They are boring, needy, and annoying, which is how I imagine most of my students will be. Jk (about students, not children).

Boys are the worst: hyper, loud, and destructive.

Girls are tolerable,albeit still mind-numbingly boring.

Edited by spellbanisher

Guest Gnome Chomsky

Noam Chomsky

Yeah, not a big fan of his language organ concept. He's also a wannabe anarchist but doesn't have the balls of Guy Fawkes. 

• 6 months later...

HIMYM (absolutely NEVER liked it). Twitter. Windows 8.

It seems that yelling at someone when they haven't seen a movie is a popular thing to do. I f'ing hate that.