Popular Stuff You Have Never Done

ahlatsiawa

4) I've never visited the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, or similar tourist staples in New York City, in spite of having grown up there. 

I'm sure you know this is pretty common among natives (of New York, that is).  I will say that I think the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are places worth a visit, though.

To add something I've never done - I'm an American, but I've never been to Mexico or Canada.

Edited by Munashi

- Never tried dark liquor of any kind

- Never tried drugs or cigarettes

- Never carved a pumpkin

- Never been Trick or Treating (Lived in an apartment as a kid in a not so good neighborhood)

- Also have never been to any of the NYC landmarks even though I was born here except for the new One World Trade

- Never ate Turkey or stuffing on Thanksgiving Day (family always used a chicken instead)

-Also have never seen any of those movies which seem to be so important to pop culture

- Never gotten lower than a C in a class

-Never cut class in highschool

I've never had a cheeseburger, I've never had a manicure or pedicure, and one that stuns people here in Vancouver: I've never been snowboarding.

I've only snowboarded once (in Grade 7 as a field trip) and never skiied. After I moved away from Vancouver, one of the first questions I get after I tell people where I'm from is "Do you ski/snowboard a lot??"! I think it's worth it to try at least once, while you're there! :)

- Drink

- Smoke

- Tattoos (see below)

- Donate blood (Can't do needles. DH was on a blood bank's donor council and has his 15 gallon pin and I just can't do it. Nearly passed out during my last flu shot)

- Had anything but my lobes pierced, once each (see above)

- Eyebrow threading

This kind of feels like the "never have I ever" game.

-I've never eaten meat or fish - ever. I'm a vegetarian raised by vegetarians and there was never any meat in our house growing up. I don't even know what animal flesh tastes like, and I've never had any desire to try it.

For as much as people say they "can't live without" x,y, or z animal product, I can't really say you're missing out. I had to go on a vegan diet for a while to figure out some health issues, and I'm still not supposed to eat that many animal products now- every so often I'll try something off DH's plate and find I really don't miss them after all. That said, smoked salmon and pickled herring are my weakness, even though DH HATES the later.

I've never smoked, read the Harry Potter books (though I like the movies), read or watched the Twilight series, or dyed my hair (and I don't plan on starting though I've spotted greys). I've been all through Asia and parts of Oceania, but I've only ever been in California in the USA.

I've only snowboarded once (in Grade 7 as a field trip) and never skiied. After I moved away from Vancouver, one of the first questions I get after I tell people where I'm from is "Do you ski/snowboard a lot??"! I think it's worth it to try at least once, while you're there! :)

My time is running out! I've lived here since 1999 but will be moving away over the summer. I'm not sure if mountain season's over for the year; if so I may just have to wait for Christmas break. I definitely want to try it out at least once!

For as much as people say they "can't live without" x,y, or z animal product, I can't really say you're missing out. I had to go on a vegan diet for a while to figure out some health issues, and I'm still not supposed to eat that many animal products now- every so often I'll try something off DH's plate and find I really don't miss them after all. That said, smoked salmon and pickled herring are my weakness, even though DH HATES the later.

You wouldn't believe the amount of crap I get when I tell people I've never tried meat. Responses range from a pitying "you don't know what you're missing!" to a defensive "you HAVE to at least try it to make an informed decision, you shouldn't let your parents brainwash you." I was never told not to eat meat, and my sibling has actually become an omnivore as an adult, but meat just really, really doesn't appeal to me at this point - not the price, not the appearance, not the source. There are some things you just don't need to try to know that they aren't for you. 

I've never shared an article from Buzzfeed or Upworthy

I've never had my nails done or eyebrows (or anything else) waxed.

I've never been on a cruise or stayed at a resort.

I've never cleaned my oven.

I've never...

- had my ears pierced

- took a driver's license test/received my driver's license. (I'm 24)

- been drunk

- flown on a plane at a fairly young age (first flight at 21 years old)

- finished high school (I had to drop out. I have a GED.)

Looking at this list, it may seem like I'm sort of sheltered or something... These things are more due to personal preference, not being rich, and having a chronic illness haha

I've never had my ears pierced either. Must be something about 24 year old sociologists  ;)  I did get my nose pierced a few months ago, and the piercer was quite surprised when I said I'd never had anything else done. 

You wouldn't believe the amount of crap I get when I tell people I've never tried meat. Responses range from a pitying "you don't know what you're missing!" to a defensive "you HAVE to at least try it to make an informed decision, you shouldn't let your parents brainwash you." I was never told not to eat meat, and my sibling has actually become an omnivore as an adult, but meat just really, really doesn't appeal to me at this point - not the price, not the appearance, not the source. There are some things you just don't need to try to know that they aren't for you. 

I'm not sure what it is about meat that makes people so defensive. When DH announced he was eating differently to lose weight, people were ecstatic for him; when he said he was cutting out animal products to support my medically necessary diet, people were up in arms. Heaven forbid a grown man choose to support his wife!

Heaven forbid a grown man choose to support his wife!

I mean, that WOULD be pretty weird.  Why on earth would people expect spouses to support one another...? :P

In addition, we can add a 3rd "never smoked or done drugs".  Caffeine is about as exciting as it gets for me too.  I am a boring person, and I am okay with this.

I've never had blood drawn.

I had my fingers pricked every so often at the pediatrician's office because I went to public school, but I've never donated blood or had a doctor have to draw blood.

You are a lucky one! I've had enough blood taken from me to feed an underprivileged vampire family for four years! (slight exaggeration) Edited by gingin6789

I've never had my ears pierced either. Must be something about 24 year old sociologists ;) I did get my nose pierced a few months ago, and the piercer was quite surprised when I said I'd never had anything else done.

Glad to hear I'm not the only 24 year old sociologist without their ears pierced ;) Oh you ended up getting your nose pierced?? How do you like it?? They tend to look pretty awesome :-)

I mean, that WOULD be pretty weird.  Why on earth would people expect spouses to support one another...? :P

In addition, we can add a 3rd "never smoked or done drugs".  Caffeine is about as exciting as it gets for me too.  I am a boring person, and I am okay with this.

You can add me to that list as well.  I've never smoked or tried recreational/illegal drugs (I've unfortunately taken many prescription drugs throughout my life for a variety of health issues).

Other things to add to my previous list:  never had a one night stand (well, never had sex with anyone except my husband), never had sushi, never read or watched any of the popular vampire books or movies, never lived with a room mate (lived with my parents, then on my own, then with my husband, and was lucky enough to have a single room when I lived in residence first year at university).

I've never donated blood, mostly because of health issues. It's a shame, too, since I'm O-negative, which I think is the so called "universal donor" type. :( I'm super needle-phobic & have had blood drawn too many times to count, but I really hope I can donate one day!

Also, I've never tweeted or driven stick.

I have never...

1) Had coffee

2) Used narcotics

3) Gone skinny dipping

4) Swam in a lake or ocean

5) Wanted to settle down

6) Eaten anything other than vanilla on an ice cream cone

7) Been in love

- had coffee

- had alcohol

- smoked/drugs

- donated blood

- don't have my driver's license

- ate sushi

- never been across the altlantic (visited europe, asia, africa....)

- can't swim