Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Rejected by Berkeley too. 

I have checked the Duke application status page approximately 40 times today, roughly every 15 minutes...

Also, I'm assuming by tomorrow all Stanford acceptances will be out. I'm marking tentative rejection on here.

I heard from a Duke PhD that someone in the admission staff was injured and may not be able to deliver all the results in time. 

Sorry all, rejection is never easy (I say that now, come first rejection I'll be crying like a baby...)

I doubt this will make anyone feel better, but I was rejected from my top choice in undergrad and it's the best thing that could have happened because I have so, so much love for the school I wound up going to. I feel that the experience is unparalleled to anything else I could have had, and I mean that with every ounce of myself - that I am glad I got rejected from the other school.

I think rejection also means a lot less for a Ph.D. program since you're chosen based on so much more criteria, including being a "good fit". It's a crapshoot I guess, but I'll echo what everyone else has said and say "you only need one".

Hope dies last:) Waited for the call or e-mall whole day. It is not even results, it is just feeling of uncertainty. Stanford is the first school in my list, and I just need to know the first result. After that, it will be a lot easier, even if it is rejection. 

But it has indeed died (for me, for Stanford). Checked website, rejected.

A sigh and a shrug.

On to the next. 

Why are there no reports of Berkeley admits?  I haven't heard anything and I'm confused!

I feel like I'm in the eye of the storm before I get destroyed!

Yea the survey results page is like a massive tidal wave just crushing everything it sees

Soo... is that it for Northwestern? Seems highly unusual to me given that the past 2 years they've announced mid-February. Can ANYone claim the 3 supposed admits?