Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Ya Berkeley hurts... was a great fit as well (I could have seen myself happily working with at least 4 or 5 different profs). But hey, its an amazing program and I'm sure they got a LOT of strong applications.

For people claiming Northwestern admits, could you tell us what subfield you're in? Really hoping they aren't done yet.

Edited by NYCBluenose

I see someone posted an FSU rejection.. Does anyone know where to check their Florida State application status? The link I have doesn't seem to have anything to do with actual admissions decisions..

Edited by AuldReekie

I see someone posted an FSU rejection.. Does anyone know where to check their Florida State application status? The link I have doesn't seem to have anything to do with actual admissions decisions..

There's a page on myFSU called "Admissions Online Status Check," but it's only showing me the things I uploaded for the application.  I also just noticed that I never sent them 'official' transcripts--I wonder if that's going to be a problem.

There's a page on myFSU called "Admissions Online Status Check," but it's only showing me the things I uploaded for the application.  I also just noticed that I never sent them 'official' transcripts--I wonder if that's going to be a problem.

Aye, that's exactly what I see. Ditto on the transcripts - wait.. I think I sent one, but it's not there anyway. They had upload slots explicitly for unofficial transcripts... so lets hope they didn't want official.  :wacko: It makes no difference now..

Edited by AuldReekie

Ya Berkeley hurts... was a great fit as well (I could have seen myself happily working with at least 4 or 5 different profs). But hey, its an amazing program and I'm sure they got a LOT of strong applications.

For people claiming Northwestern admits, could you tell us what subfield you're in? Really hoping they aren't done yet.

Northwestern admit: I'm in Comparative. Hopefully that is good news for you and not bad!

Anyone know when Texas-Austin usually notifies? Their application deadline was way back on Dec. 1

I have a good source that told me that the final admissions committee met on Monday. So final decisions were possibly made, but there could still be ongoing deliberations. I was told that it could take a week or more after the decision is made to get the emails out.

After yesterday's slaughter, today feels quiet . . . too quiet?

Nope, the slaughter continues.

Northwestern admit: I'm in Comparative. Hopefully that is good news for you and not bad!

It's good news for me; I am Quant/Americanist.  Can you give us some details on your admit?  Any special fellowships?  Was it a blast email?  Sorry if that's invasive...we're starved for information on this board...and I haven't heard anything from anyone. 

"And if ya want beef, than bring the ruckus, Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' to f**k with."

Nope, the slaughter continues.

It's good news for me; I am Quant/Americanist.  Can you give us some details on your admit?  Any special fellowships?  Was it a blast email?  Sorry if that's invasive...we're starved for information on this board...and I haven't heard anything from anyone. 

"And if ya want beef, than bring the ruckus, Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' to f**k with."

Nope not invasive at all. I should have clarified. I'm just as starved for info :)  The email seemed to be a canned response with my name at the top, but there was a pdf admissions letter that seemed more personalized. I got the standard full package Fellowship that a lot of the universities give out as far as I understand--Full University Fellowship for the first year, three 9-month Teaching Assistantships (2nd, 3rd, 4th yr), a 9-month University Fellowship (5th yr), and funding for research in the summer months. I think that's fairly standard.

There also was a note about a hard deadline for making travel arrangements by Feb 5 for the visiting weekend at the end of February. That probably means all the admissions decisions will have had to come out by then.

Hi all, I have a question about FLAS funding and Chicago. I applied to Chicago and got an email inviting me to apply for FLAS funding (I study Arabic). 1) the deadline is in one week -- if I apply, does that have any bearing on my chances of getting accepted? If so, is it likely that they will wait to announce my decision until after the FLAS deadline? 

Thanks!

Nope not invasive at all. I should have clarified. I'm just as starved for info :)  The email seemed to be a canned response with my name at the top, but there was a pdf admissions letter that seemed more personalized. I got the standard full package Fellowship that a lot of the universities give out as far as I understand--Full University Fellowship for the first year, three 9-month Teaching Assistantships (2nd, 3rd, 4th yr), a 9-month University Fellowship (5th yr), and funding for research in the summer months. I think that's fairly standard.

There also was a note about a hard deadline for making travel arrangements by Feb 5 for the visiting weekend at the end of February. That probably means all the admissions decisions will have had to come out by then.

any status update on the application portal?