Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Michigan will be next week, too. The graduate coordinator indicated that decisions would be made the first week of February.

Also, Duke has apparently made it's recommendations to the Graduate Admission's office; decisions should be out next week.

Monday is going to be a day of reckoning. I anticipate NYU, WUSTL, and Duke will make announcements then. Giving up hope on Columbia+CHYMPS.

Wait, the "C" in CHYMPS is not for Columbia?

I just spoke with the graduate admissions office at Chicago and was told that decisions would be announced "probably in mid-February" ....

I was told - probably by the same person - by March 10.

I was told - probably by the same person - by March 10.

...and there are two acceptances on the results page. Those two that reported getting accepted at Chicago, how were you notified? An email to check their website, or an email from a POI or adcom member?

Edited by pdoseven

...and there are two acceptances on the results page. Those two that reported getting accepted at Chicago, how were you notified? An email to check their website, or an email from a POI or adcom member?

I got a short, very nice note from the GSA over email with a longer letter attached in PDF from the Dept. Chair at around 11 EST this morning.  Best of luck to all of you!

So, at this point, we've seen a massacre from Stanford and Cal.  We've seen plenty of admits from UC Merced, UC Davis, and Madison.  There have been a handful of admits to Northwestern, and a a few from Chicago, with no rejects from either school.

Sound about right?

So, if we HAVEN'T heard from Northwestern or Davis, is that a signal of unofficial rejection?  Or is it still too early to count those out?  I'm trying to be optimistic...trying so hard...

I think the March 10 notification is designed for those who did not make it, which I assume will include me. :(

I think so, 4th rejection is coming. It would be much better letting us know as soon as possible, there is no point whatsoever in waiting for "updates" until then, especially if these schools do not waitlist or "waiting" people have not been (and won't be) shortlisted.

Edited by Robes