Fall 2016 Applicants

sierra918

18 hours ago, DYOH87 said:

Noticed some people got UCLA rejections today, though I still haven't heard from them. Hoping that's a good sign? Or maybe they just send out their decisions in waves? 

Nevermind, it was the latter. Got my rejection today, ha. 

Had been informed by my POI that Med/Psych anth was going to be particularly competitive due to having less faculty on site to supervise in those fields than usual. Didn't mention the budget cuts, as were mentioned on the results page, but those don't surprise me either.

Congrats to whoever got accepted! 

21 minutes ago, sierra918 said:

I've been accepted to Vanderbilt!!!!! This was my absolute first choice program, and I am unbelievably excited! I got 5 years of awesome funding with a TA-ship!!!

Woohooo! Congrats, that's amazing! 

21 hours ago, highway700 said:

I had a skype interview two weeks ago with a member of the admissions committee, but nothing since.

Anyone have any news on Columbia socio-cultural?

I think decisions have already been made as someone posted last week that they were wait-listed. It's unclear whether or not he or she had an interview with them. No one admitted however posted anything so it's rather odd that not a single one of them is a gradcafe regular or at least occasional poster. 

Congrats to all the latest admits!

sts4656, I know it is taking forever! Did you have an interview? I did not so I have kind of given up.. 

To everyone, I have not posted yet but been following the forum closely and it has been a great support mechanism. I am an international applicant and was very unfamiliar with the application system and process so I do not think I have a good chance of getting in this year. I want to thank all of you for your insights and I feel much more ready to apply next year and use this forum again. Although.. I still have two pending applications so the anxious waiting continues for now :) 

The last time I heard anything from Berkeley was on Feb 11 when I received an email from Professor Mahmood, the DGS, saying that they won't be releasing decision results until early March, which is so close, yet so far....

1 hour ago, Lolo611 said:

sts4656, I know it is taking forever! Did you have an interview? I did not so I have kind of given up.. 

To everyone, I have not posted yet but been following the forum closely and it has been a great support mechanism. I am an international applicant and was very unfamiliar with the application system and process so I do not think I have a good chance of getting in this year. I want to thank all of you for your insights and I feel much more ready to apply next year and use this forum again. Although.. I still have two pending applications so the anxious waiting continues for now :) 

Hi Lolo611, I didn't have any interview too, but to the best of my knowledge, Harvard does not interview every person shortlisted.. Anyway, since I have received already 8 rejections, I don't expect any acceptance from Harvard.. :) 

Has anyone heard from UNLV? 

My application status changed to "under review" last Tuesday. I haven't seen a single post regarding status changes for this program!

Now it says "pending decision"  

Edited by lisacaitlin
updated status