MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

3 hours ago, CoffeeKiang said:

Hi...i am wondering where i should look at when i do Skype interview, the camera or the screen? 

I had my Skype interview with MICA.......I looked in the camera most of the times.....it makes it more comfortable for the interviewer...for them you are talking with them looking in their eye...makes them trust you more!

4 hours ago, CoffeeKiang said:

Hi...i am wondering where i should look at when i do Skype interview, the camera or the screen? 

You can minimize the Skype window, make it small and put it right up by your camera. It allows you look look at them as you are talking and feels more natural. 

19 hours ago, pat46 said:

From what I have heard, acceptances for ceramics have gone out this past week from Alfred. No information about University of Nebraska Lincoln yet.

University of Nebraska has made there decisions. Should be notifying this next week, can also email admissions to know decision. What have you heard from Alfred Ceramics? Acceptances sent out via email, or snail mail?

I thought for sure a rejection letter from SAIC would be waiting in my mailbox when I got home from vacation today, but still nothing. Has anyone else not heard from them at all? So far, I've only gotten a rejection from Yale and haven't heard from any other school. A couple schools had a delay matching my transcript since my name changed, so I still have some hope that my apps are being reviewed, but I am losing my mind. Ahhhhhh waiting sucks!

3 minutes ago, Laceybug said:

I thought for sure a rejection letter from SAIC would be waiting in my mailbox when I got home from vacation today, but still nothing. Has anyone else not heard from them at all? So far, I've only gotten a rejection from Yale and haven't heard from any other school. A couple schools had a delay matching my transcript since my name changed, so I still have some hope that my apps are being reviewed, but I am losing my mind. Ahhhhhh waiting sucks!

which department did you apply for at SAIC?

I feel like a lot of schools are moving really slow this year, or maybe it's just me thinking that because I actually applied this year...

I broke down and emailed Rutgers yesterday (knowing I won't hear back until Monday). I just want to know where I stand with them already!   

On 2/19/2016 at 2:43 PM, jenniebk said:
6 hours ago, Gbamics said:

University of Nebraska has made there decisions. Should be notifying this next week, can also email admissions to know decision. What have you heard from Alfred Ceramics? Acceptances sent out via email, or snail mail?

I also applied to Alfred for ceramics but haven't heard anything yet :/

Alfred sent out emails for ceramics to those who were accepted last week according to a friend who was accepted. Supposedly there is a wait list also but can't confirm that.  Thanks for the information about University of Nebraska Lincoln I will email them.

2 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

which department did you apply for at SAIC?

I feel like a lot of schools are moving really slow this year, or maybe it's just me thinking that because I actually applied this year...

I broke down and emailed Rutgers yesterday (knowing I won't hear back until Monday). I just want to know where I stand with them already!   

Painting. Based on what I've read on here, I have assumed rejection from some schools while I think no news is still good news from a couple schools including Rutgers. Hopefully, we'll know more soon!

11 hours ago, Laceybug said:

Im in the same boat as you, haven't heard anything from SAIC but after talking to some other people on here unfortunately a rejection letter is anticipated. Bummer

On February 8, 2016 at 6:40 PM, itsjess said:

Congrats on VCU GD! I'm waiting to hear back from them in Ceramics. Richmond is a cool place.

Anyone here applying to programs in ceramics? Where did you apply and who have you heard back from? 

I applied to mfa in ceramics too. 

Got into: U Montana, U Georgia, Notre Dame (really good funding) 

rejected: UC Berkeley 

waitlisted: u Minnesota 

still waiting to hear: Alfred, Vcu, lsu, gsu, ucla

where have you heard from? @itsjess

49 minutes ago, jenniebk said:

I applied to mfa in ceramics too. 

Got into: U Montana, U Georgia, Notre Dame (really good funding) 

rejected: UC Berkeley 

waitlisted: u Minnesota 

still waiting to hear: Alfred, Vcu, lsu, gsu, ucla

where have you heard from? @itsjess

Alfred and UCLA have already sent out their acceptances in Ceramics.  Notre Dame wasn't on your original list of schools, just wondering?  You already heard from them you were accepted for Ceramics? @jenniebk

Edited by pat46
added person's name

I got a response from Rutgers that is fairly ambiguous:

"At this time all decisions have not yet been made." 

-__-

@pat46 when did UCLA send the acceptances out for Ceramics? Do you know if any other department sent anything out to applicants?

Edited by cpw0021

On 2/19/2016 at 1:18 PM, Relm said:

Just got an offer letter from UIUC! I applied to the new media concentration. Funding not guaranteed at this point (which may change). Woohoo!

yooooo that's awesome Relm!! congratulations! i'm new media too, wild.

i'm still waiting for a couple decisions but i'd say there's a good chance i'll end up there. i've never been, hoping to visit this spring but i live in the southwest right now. did you visit the program or anything?

4 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

I got a response from Rutgers that is fairly ambiguous:

"At this time all decisions have not yet been made." 

-__-

@pat46 when did UCLA send the acceptances out for Ceramics? Do you know if any other department sent anything out to applicants?

UCLA sent ceramics acceptances sometime Thursday or Friday. . . . don't know about the other departments, sorry :(@cpw0021

Edited by pat46
added person's name

13 minutes ago, AKW94 said:

I just emailed UCLA Admissions, hopefully they'll respond back...

oh great!  Yeah is it just me or has no one from any flat media been contacted?  I haven't seen any updates about painting or printmaking.  Let us know what they say!  

I'm also waiting on RISD, CalArts, and Rutgers...  although I feel like CalArts has already gone out. 

7 minutes ago, Alment said:

oh great!  Yeah is it just me or has no one from any flat media been contacted?  I haven't seen any updates about painting or printmaking.  Let us know what they say!  

I'm also waiting on RISD, CalArts, and Rutgers...  although I feel like CalArts has already gone out. 

yeah still waiting on intermedia @ ucla. let us know when you hear back @AKW94 

2 hours ago, dirrrtbag said:

yooooo that's awesome Relm!! congratulations! i'm new media too, wild.

i'm still waiting for a couple decisions but i'd say there's a good chance i'll end up there. i've never been, hoping to visit this spring but i live in the southwest right now. did you visit the program or anything?

Ha, no, haven't been to Champaign-Urbana since I made it to the state science fair in eighth grade. I did chat with a couple of the people from UIUC at SAIC's portfolio day in November, though. 

14 minutes ago, Relm said:

Ha, no, haven't been to Champaign-Urbana since I made it to the state science fair in eighth grade. I did chat with a couple of the people from UIUC at SAIC's portfolio day in November, though. 

I live in Champaign and have a lot of friends, including my partner in the program. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. 

14 minutes ago, yagurlj said:

Anyone hear back from university of oregon, university of washington, LSU, university of colorado boulder, ohio university or kansas state?

I applied to LSU (Baton Rouge) for ceramics and still haven't heard anything

Hi, first time applying. Just wanted to share some updates if anybody was waiting on these schools.

Rutgers- Rejected

SUNY Purchase- still waiting

Boston U- interview scheduled for march

U of Delaware- accepted, waiting further funding details