MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

15 hours ago, ChrisPW said:

I'm in the same boat. I interviewed with SFAI last week and I received a negative response from the other program I applied to, but mentally speaking I've already moved on from this season of applications so I can more lucidly produce new work and head into next year's round with even more artistic ammunition and really gun for my dream programs.

Best of luck over the next several months or so, I'll probably be running into you again on a new freak-out thread later this year ^_^

yeah ill be back here next year.  Thanks and you too!  Maybe next year we'll be successful at college.  lol

1 minute ago, BlCEO said:

I'm in the same boat. I interviewed with SFAI last week and I received a negative response from the other program I applied to, but mentally speaking I've already moved on from this season of applications so I can more lucidly produce new work and head into next year's round with even more artistic ammunition and really gun for my dream programs.

Me too! I've gotten three rejections so far, and am still waiting on RIT and SVA (photo). Looking at admitted and current students to the programs I applied for, it seems like they were all farther along career-wise than I am right now. So, I'm thinking I just need to focus on creating work for a solid year outside of the confines of undergrad work and re-apply for next year.

Just now, Cameramosnter300 said:

Got my official letter from PSU. I am on wait list. DAMN

Guess what camera monster me too!  Im waitlisted. I am viewing this as a learning experience-we will be better equipped for next time. I am considering it a small victory.:) Good luck wit your Bard interview. keep posted.

19 hours ago, meganmoriartyart said:

I interviewed at Portland also and they said it would be 2-3 weeks and that decisions would be sooner rather than later. That was on Feb. 15th and I haven't heard anything. So who knows. Based on previous years, this week is when the acceptances are emailed and waitlists/rejections are snail-mailed.

I heard back from Portland State-waitlisted anything on your end?

Got notice of acceptance from SAIC Sculpture and UPenn by email this week!! So relieved. Coming from a non-art background I honestly had no idea whether I was going to get any interviews at the beginning of this process. I'm somewhat surprised, as my interview with UPenn was terribly awkward and I know others had already started hearing by phone last week. I guess Canada is too expensive to call long distance? haha

Still waiting to hear from CMU... probably rejected but still holding onto a shred of hope! Anybody else thinking about UPenn and SAIC? Thoughts?

As it stands:

Yale - Rejected

VCU - Rejected via email 3/3

CMU - No Response

Concordia - No Response

MICA Rinehart - Interviewed 2/16

MICA Mt. Royal - Interviewed 3/1

SAIC - Accepted by phone 3/2

UPenn - Accepted by email 3/4

14 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

I'm pretty sure that's where I'm going, but I have one more interview (CalArts), so I'll wait to accept until after then. I also want to see what the funding situation is (although I know tuition is covered). What about you? 

I am pretty certain as well. Also, I am still trying to find a way to know UCI's financial support before I sign the SIR. I am waiting for SAIC/RISD's decision as well, not for any particular reason. Check your PM.

13 hours ago, aimee said:

Has anyone heard from RISD Graphic design yet? I'm guessing rejection :( It can't be this late..

I haven't heard anything from RISD about the 2-year program. Here's where I stand everywhere else:

VCU: interview two weeks ago, accepted with funding
Iowa: accepted with funding
NC State: accepted
MICA: interview today
RISD: nothing yet
Edinburgh College of Art: nothing yet
Yale: rejected

3 hours ago, headinspace said:

Got notice of acceptance from SAIC Sculpture and UPenn by email this week!! So relieved. Coming from a non-art background I honestly had no idea whether I was going to get any interviews at the beginning of this process. I'm somewhat surprised, as my interview with UPenn was terribly awkward and I know others had already started hearing by phone last week. I guess Canada is too expensive to call long distance? haha

Still waiting to hear from CMU... probably rejected but still holding onto a shred of hope! Anybody else thinking about UPenn and SAIC? Thoughts?

As it stands:

Yale - Rejected

VCU - Rejected via email 3/3

CMU - No Response

Concordia - No Response

MICA Rinehart - Interviewed 2/16

MICA Mt. Royal - Interviewed 3/1

SAIC - Accepted by phone 3/2

UPenn - Accepted by email 3/4

Congrats!! I've heard great things about UPenn's program, I would've applied there myself except I didn't want to shell out an extra $200+ to have my degree from the UK verified.

I've already expressed my opinion on SAIC (or rather, what I've been told repeatedly by other people), so I won't go into again.

Edited by cpw0021

5 hours ago, marg37 said:

I honestly thought it fell short! Which committee did you interview with?

I interviewed with photo - it was surprisingly very friendly and conversational.  What about it was underwhelming for you?

19 minutes ago, oneagain said:

I interviewed with photo - it was surprisingly very friendly and conversational.  What about it was underwhelming for you?

I thought the interview was good as well. I was honestly underwhelmed by the facilities and the way they presented the program. As the most expensive program I applied to, I guess I thought they would have more space and equipment. I also felt this overall vibe that I was just lucky to be there, and every other school I've interviewed with has made a major effort to show interviewees why it's a special place. They didn't give out so much as an informational packet at Columbia. Sorry, this is a lot of words! I'm glad your interview went well. I honestly just don't think Columbia is for me, and it bums me out when schools don't acknowledge what a major decision this is for their applicants. It's not a no-brainer for everyone when tuition is over $55,000 a year.

1 hour ago, altiplano said:

i had my interview today at risd, both 3 yr and 2 yr candidates were there. the school has been interviewing all week long.

well I guess then I'm not on the interview list.. :( Thanks for the information. 

6 hours ago, mfahopeful said:

I haven't heard anything from RISD about the 2-year program. Here's where I stand everywhere else:

VCU: interview two weeks ago, accepted with funding
Iowa: accepted with funding
NC State: accepted
MICA: interview today
RISD: nothing yet
Edinburgh College of Art: nothing yet
Yale: rejected

Did MICA send out interview requests?? Wow.. Guessing another rejection. But I'll wait for the official rejection email since everything is unclear now. 

30 minutes ago, marg37 said:

I thought the interview was good as well. I was honestly underwhelmed by the facilities and the way they presented the program. As the most expensive program I applied to, I guess I thought they would have more space and equipment. I also felt this overall vibe that I was just lucky to be there, and every other school I've interviewed with has made a major effort to show interviewees why it's a special place. They didn't give out so much as an informational packet at Columbia. Sorry, this is a lot of words! I'm glad your interview went well. I honestly just don't think Columbia is for me, and it bums me out when schools don't acknowledge what a major decision this is for their applicants. It's not a no-brainer for everyone when tuition is over $55,000 a year.

I wouldn't write them off until you get your funding info - it's my impression that printmaking students get a scholarship that other departments don't.  I think that Columbia is such a visible program that they assume that their applicants are somewhat familiar with what they have to offer, and so don't extend much effort to outreach.

7 hours ago, oneagain said:

Columbia interviewees!  What did we think of the experience?

The committee was so extremely nice and understanding even when I was stuttering pretty much the whole time bc i was SO nervous...on that note i dont think my interview went very well...:unsure: one thing that kinda threw me off was i thought they'd ask me about the future direction of my work, but no mention of that at all, all questions were strictly about the work from the portfolio

Ahhhh yeah finally got my first acceptance! SMFA! There was a letter in my file, and hopefully I'll hear back from others soon! Gotta say I didn't think I'd get this far with my weird ass background, but holy shit I did!!!! YAY!

Hello, 

First time posting and just sharing progress. I applied in Printmaking to:

SAIC - Call for Interview 2/3, Interviewed 2/27- waiting to hear

Yale- Rejected 2/5 via email

Rutgers - Rejected 2/15 and 2/25 via email (don't know why they sent two rejection letters but they did, haha)

Bard (photo)- Rejected 2/16 via email

Columbia - Rejected 2/25 via email

Cranbrook- Invited to Interview 2/11 via email, Interviewed 2/16 via Skype , Admitted 2/26 via email, Visiting 3/11

Hunter - Rejected 2/29 via email

RISD- Admitted 3/3 no Interview, called me out of the blue, so exciting!

Goldsmiths - Invited to interview 2/25 via email, interview upcoming 3/22 via skype

VCU- Nothing yet, definitely assuming rejection

I hope this info is helpful to someone even this late in the game.

I am wondering if any other printmakers have heard from RISD and what your thoughts are on the program. Also, is anyone going to Cranbrook March 11th? Has anyone heard from SAIC post interviews? any thoughts on Goldsmiths? I know very little about them.

thanks!

Edited by screens
add