MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

2 hours ago, Tjarrells said:

I had thought Temple interviewed everybody. They conducted interviews for the painting department the second week of February. Who knows though, they've been pretty aloof this entire process. I wish you the best of luck! 

Thanks! I guess I'll find out soon enough. 

4 hours ago, Photo1234 said:

For those of you who applied to SVA for Photo, they have sent out acceptance offers today.

Thanks for sharing the information!

Are they going to send out all acceptances at one time?

Thanks 

10 hours ago, Tjarrells said:

Just got word I've been accepted at Tyler School of Art! They're only offering a half TA though, what am I going to do??

you got accepted without an interview? also, how did you find out about your funding.  I got accepted, but still have yet to hear about funding.

14 minutes ago, Elmi Ventura Mata said:

you got accepted without an interview? also, how did you find out about your funding.  I got accepted, but still have yet to hear about funding.

No, I interviewed in person in February. When did they tell you that you've been accepted? They sent me everything in an email.  

5 minutes ago, Tjarrells said:

No, I interviewed in person in February. When did they tell you that you've been accepted? They sent me everything in an email.  

I also interviewed in person around the same time as well.  I was notified of my acceptance not too long ago, but there weren't any details on funding and I checked the portal, but there weren't any updates on the financial award. Sounds like you got a good deal though.  Is it your first choice?

8 minutes ago, KBS1 said:

Haven't seen anyone mention art center but acceptance letter via email today if anyone's been waiting on that . 

congrats KBS1! art center has amazing faculty!

still waiting my result..

thi

4 hours ago, Cameramosnter300 said:

Who did you interview with at Portland State? Also applied to the Studio Practice program..

this guy Brenden-we talked about brian eno for like 20 minutes. I think it well. (we will see if I get in). Have you heard anything from them? 

Edited by icw

12 hours ago, ZeusG said:

Thanks for sharing the information!

Are they going to send out all acceptances at one time?

Thanks 

Sorry, I'm not sure.  They just sent me an acceptance email.

21 hours ago, icw said:

if anyone cares

-Southern Illinois University wants to interview me in person for a GA-ship-anyone know if schools pay for travel expenses for MFA applicants? Cool Opportunity though-its exciting.

Congrats! Did they specifically say GA-ship in your letter? 

Just now, Thranduil said:

Congrats! Did they specifically say GA-ship in your letter? 

yes, they want an in person interview-which I am weary about because of travel expenses.

15 hours ago, Cameramosnter300 said:

Who did you interview with at Portland State? Also applied to the Studio Practice program..

this guy Brenden-we talked about brian eno for like 20 minutes. I think it well.

14 minutes ago, Kate_I said:

Another rejection from UCLA.

Sorry to hear that. May I ask for which department?

Why are these coming out so slowly...? Bah! 

Edited by cpw0021

17 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

Will they let you skype instead? 

I am not sure. I feel like they should. I think it is very reasonable. It makes a lot of sense about the interview being in-person. He said in his email they would consider alternative arrangements. He did mention that he passed my message onto the committee to discuss my option.

13 hours ago, icw said:

thi

this guy Brenden-we talked about brian eno for like 20 minutes. I think it well. (we will see if I get in). Have you heard anything from them? 

I actually have not. The funny thing is i work with Herrell Fletcher along with the whole social practice program last year too so I thought I would had heard by now!

6 minutes ago, Cameramosnter300 said:

I actually have not. The funny thing is i work with Herrell Fletcher along with the whole social practice program last year too so I thought I would had heard by now!

hah thats funny. I suppose it takes a long time. Where else have you applied?

If anyone else is waitlisted at Pratt for Painting, I emailed them a few days ago and they sent me back some information. They said painting was their largest program so they have 49 people waitlisted. That seems like so many to me. They didn't seem to be able to tell me my placement on the list or if they'd be taking anyone from it. 

I'm wondering if after an interview it is normal to send an e-mail or reach out in some way to thank the committee again for the opportunity. I don't know that it would make a difference, but was just unsure of the etiquette there. 

Just now, llyMx said:

I'm wondering if after an interview it is normal to send an e-mail or reach out in some way to thank the committee again for the opportunity. I don't know that it would make a difference, but was just unsure of the etiquette there. 

I asked around and it seemed generally fine, however I was told to keep it casual and concise. I did this recently and actually got a polite response back from one of my interviewers. Hope that helps!