MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

22 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

VCU rejection just now. 

that's it for me guys.  Back to the drawing board till October for next years round. 

Sorry to hear that, BICEO!  You've been a positive presence here.  Best of luck with whatever you do next and next year's applications!!!

6 minutes ago, hypoart said:

Sorry to hear that, BICEO!  You've been a positive presence here.  Best of luck with whatever you do next and next year's applications!!!

Hey thanks I appreciate it!

3 hours ago, icw said:

hah thats funny. I suppose it takes a long time. Where else have you applied?

I interviewed at Portland also and they said it would be 2-3 weeks and that decisions would be sooner rather than later. That was on Feb. 15th and I haven't heard anything. So who knows. Based on previous years, this week is when the acceptances are emailed and waitlists/rejections are snail-mailed.

4 hours ago, icw said:

hah thats funny. I suppose it takes a long time. Where else have you applied?

ICP-Bard (interview Saturday)

UCLA - Rejected

PSU - waiting.

Thats it, did not want to apply to a lot of programs.

5 hours ago, Ms000 said:

Has anyone heard from Cornell? Interview or decisions? MFA Photography 

Hi there, I've been told that Cornell will begin contacting accepted applicants tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, painthuffer said:

Love your newer work. i remember your paintings from last year...really great stuff.

Thanks painthuffer!  That really means a lot.  SAIC Post Bac did me a world of good.  Really glad I came here.  I'd love to see your work sometime if you've got a link to share :)  

32 minutes ago, Kelly Neibert said:

Thanks painthuffer!  That really means a lot.  SAIC Post Bac did me a world of good.  Really glad I came here.  I'd love to see your work sometime if you've got a link to share :)  

my website is kinda rough but here it is......    https://brianwillettsite.wordpress.com

2 hours ago, Cameramosnter300 said:

ICP-Bard (interview Saturday)

UCLA - Rejected

PSU - waiting.

Thats it, did not want to apply to a lot of programs.

god me too-applications are expensive! If I don't get in its okay-because Ill just keep on working and wait. 

4 hours ago, BlCEO said:

VCU rejection just now. 

that's it for me guys.  Back to the drawing board till October for next years round. 

I'm in the same boat. I interviewed with SFAI last week and I received a negative response from the other program I applied to, but mentally speaking I've already moved on from this season of applications so I can more lucidly produce new work and head into next year's round with even more artistic ammunition and really gun for my dream programs.

Best of luck over the next several months or so, I'll probably be running into you again on a new freak-out thread later this year ^_^

6 minutes ago, SalmonJerky said:

Congrats! Are you considering to go?

I'm pretty sure that's where I'm going, but I have one more interview (CalArts), so I'll wait to accept until after then. I also want to see what the funding situation is (although I know tuition is covered). What about you? 

On March 3, 2016 at 8:03 PM, KBS1 said:

Haven't seen anyone mention art center but acceptance letter via email today if anyone's been waiting on that . 

Went to art center for my undergrad. No regrets, wonderful school.

5 hours ago, aniram415 said:

Hi there, I've been told that Cornell will begin contacting accepted applicants tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, LAPHYSICS said:

Cornell made their list a few weeks ago. Haven't heard on here from anyone who got in, but a few of us were waitlisted.

Thanks guys. Fingers crossed 

Have any photo applicants heard from RIT or SVA yet?

RIT has told me my application was sent to the admissions committee on 2/9 and that I should receive a response within 4-6 weeks of that time, but this wait is terrible.