MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

On March 7, 2016 at 0:54 PM, cpw0021 said:

Just got an email that I've been accepted to the Photo department at SAIC and as a "writing fellow,"no word on funding. Surprised to have been accepted by that department, honestly. 

If i were you I'd go to Irvine. just my 2 cents!

Hey everyone, My Stats as of Today:

Yale - interviewed 3/1 will hear back Sat

SAIC - interviewed 2/28 Accepted!! 3/8 with Deans Schloarship 

Columbia- rejected 2/26 via email

UCLA- rejected 3/2 via email 

all for Painting MFA

Edited by Weighted_by_Gold

FYI or Sculpture people.

Interviewed SVA.  Accepted 3/1.

Semifinalist Purchase.   Interviewed and toured today.   Outstanding facilities.   The MA/MFA Combination is really interesting.

Columbia.   Not sure I care after seeing Purchase and comparing costs.

Long time lurker, was wondering if anyone (specifically Sculpture) has heard back from Alfred since they interviewed? Also wondering if anyone has heard from Ohio University? 

UW-Madison - accepted

Syracuse - accepted w/ funding

OSU - waitlisted

Temple - rejected

VCU - no word

Ohio University - no word

Alfred - Interviewed

Hunter - upcoming interview 

Edited by bb123

2 hours ago, Weighted_by_Gold said:

Hey everyone, My Stats as of Today:

Yale - interviewed 3/1 will hear back Sat

SAIC - interviewed 2/28 Accepted!! 3/8 with Deans Schloarship 

Columbia- rejected 2/26 via email

UCLA- rejected 3/2 via email 

all for Painting MFA

hey congrats!  How were you notified about SAIC funding? And also how do you know you will be contacted on Saturday by Yale?  Good luck!!!

5 hours ago, Alment said:

If i were you I'd go to Irvine. just my 2 cents!

It would take a lot more than a mysterious writing fellowship to sway me to go to SAIC after the interview I had with that department, that's for sure!

Now that you're nearly done with interviews, which school(s) are you leaning towards?

16 minutes ago, Alment said:

hey congrats!  How were you notified about SAIC funding? And also how do you know you will be contacted on Saturday by Yale?  Good luck!!!

Hey buddy,

thank you!!!!

I got a call from the painting dept about that one scholarship the rest will come after FASFA is assessed. Also Yale said that we will be notified March 12th in our interview letters. I'd be surprised if I got it. They packaged up my paintings to come back today (I got a call from one of the students) and my interview was a bit awkward. So we will see...it would be nice though.

Edited by Weighted_by_Gold

42 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

It would take a lot more than a mysterious writing fellowship to sway me to go to SAIC after the interview I had with that department, that's for sure!

Now that you're nearly done with interviews, which school(s) are you leaning towards?

Its so hard for me to decide.  I feel like if I got into Yale I would go, but it would be difficult if i didn't get much funding (probably still go anyway).  Otherwise I was absolutely smitten with RISD yesterday.  I thought all of the professors were so amazing and i wanted them to be my family haha.  I met 5 professors who all seemed like they knew every detail of my application already and asked me all the right questions and actually talked about specific influences of mine that i hadn't even shared with them.  I feel like i want to go there even more than i did before now so it makes things really difficult. Hunter used to be my goal and now I'm not sure at all basically.  I also can't look away from free education at VCU.  so yeah, no idea!

33 minutes ago, Weighted_by_Gold said:

Hey buddy,

thank you!!!!

I got a call from the painting dept about that one scholarship the rest will come after FASFA is assessed. Also Yale said that we will be notified March 12th in our interview letters. I'd be surprised if I got it. They packaged up my paintings to come back today (I got a call from one of the students) and my interview was a bit awkward. So we will see...it would be nice though.

eh i feel like maybe mine was awkward at some point too, honestly they're just unyielding and i think its safe to assume everyones had a moment like that and they probably expected it.  As for SAIC i got a call for acceptance but nothing else.  They said other stuff is in the mail, i didn't 100% understand/ hear but I'm also not feeling SAIC personally.  Great facilities and faculty though! 

Edited by Alment

20 minutes ago, jennaleigh26 said:

Received a call yesterday from SAIC and was accepted into the Fiber and Material Studies department!!

Congratulations! Do you know yet which offer you will accept? 

To SAIC Printmedia folks! Had my over the phone interview with 3 department faculty and it was odd! The interview lasted less then 15 mins and they only ask 4 or 5 questions and none of which where specific to my work! Even offered to send them links to my newer work in the hopes that maybe it would strengthen my chances, but they said they where already interested in the pieces I already had. It did seemed like they had made up their minds about my application...

Printmedia should here back 2-3 weeks, maybe sooner for accepted people. They take only 11 applicants...

18 hours ago, bb123 said:

Long time lurker, was wondering if anyone (specifically Sculpture) has heard back from Alfred since they interviewed? Also wondering if anyone has heard from Ohio University? 

UW-Madison - accepted

Syracuse - accepted w/ funding

OSU - waitlisted

Temple - rejected

VCU - no word

Ohio University - no word

Alfred - Interviewed

Hunter - upcoming interview 

congrats! I was accepted to Ohio University Via Email a few weeks ago for printmaking!