MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

1 hour ago, Weighted_by_Gold said:

Welp here's me folks:

Yale - Interviewed 3/1 Waitlisted 3/11

SAIC - Interviewed 2/28 Accepted w/ Deans Schloarship 3/9

Columbia - Rejected 2/26

UCLA - Rejected 3/2

all for painting (what a ride)

Hey Weighted_by_Gold, 

Congrats!  I might be seeing you at SAIC this fall! 

Just wondering, how did SAIC notify you of your Deans Scholarship?  

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Kelly Neibert said:

Hey Weighted_by_Gold, 

Congrats!  I might be seeing you at SAIC this fall! 

Just wondering, how did SAIC notify you of your Deans Scholarship?  

Thanks! 

Hey, Thanks! I certainly hope I do see you!

I got a call from the Painting Dept. about the acceptance/award. I haven't received the official letter yet (in west coast). 

-K

Edited by Weighted_by_Gold

It was pretty bad! Their still trying to finalize funding for the department. Since it's the only school I like, I can afford to wait into they figured things out. Hoping to hear something back a lil before April 15th. 

30 minutes ago, toolate said:

yes ! may i ask how was your funding situation? 

5 hours ago, scaredapplicant said:

anyone who interviewed with Columbia university photo or new genres get an acceptance call? I havent heard anything so I called the admissions office this morning who just told me that all decisions are to be made by the end of the month...

Hey i have a bit more news! I heard someone got an acceptance call yesterday and said Columbias still calling all week. They got in for painting but I imagine it's a similar situation with other departments. 

5 minutes ago, junie said:

Hey i have a bit more news! I heard someone got an acceptance call yesterday and said Columbias still calling all week. They got in for painting but I imagine it's a similar situation with other departments. 

You are a little angel for sharing this Ray of hope <3 thank you

Just now, scaredapplicant said:

You are a little angel for sharing this Ray of hope <3 thank you

No problem at all, I know we're all suffering so I had to share this with you guys <3 Time to go stare at my phone some more...

So SMFAs website says it was updated last Tuesday and I still haven't heard anything on my decision. Losing my mind. I'm guessing it's another rejection coming my way. Why must they torture me so?  Temple left me this lovely message on my dashboard saying my award was being held up by missing financial aid documents when my application had already been rejected. These admissions departments are so cruel!

Has anyone heard from Tulane? I thought their admissions decisions would have been in last week or the week before...

Edited by KRT

9 minutes ago, KRT said:

Has anyone heard from Tulane? I thought their admissions decisions would have been in last week or the week before...

painterhuffer what about you? 

23 hours ago, Cameramosnter300 said:

A update.

I got admission to PSU program with about half tuition remission.

ICP-Bard interview went well so hopefully I will hear from them this week.

That is excellent! do you think you will attend? I am glad to hear your Bard interview went well-Fingerscrossed. 

My SAIC Printmedia acceptance letter was dated the day after my interview. Honestly thought it was a rejection letter when I first seen it, since I herd so late. Not sure why everthing is being mailed to me while everyones else gets a phone call or email...

Did any Printmedia folks get scholarship awards yet??

Does anyone have a general idea of what SAIC's scholarship structure is like/how many each department offers? 

I was was previously under the impression that each dept only gives out one full ride, but it seems partials are awarded as well? One full ride with 2-3 partials? 

11 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

still nothing on my end.

did you meet anybody else during interview day that you are still in contact with? the two of us seem to be the only ones here who had an interview and I don't know if it's a good or a bad sign that we both didn't hear anything...

I also heard the thing about 'hearing back one or two days after the interview'...so I'm starting to get worried :/