MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

8 hours ago, fri3nder said:

Just got accepted to the MassArt Photography program via phone call!  Still anxiously waiting to hear from the others.   

Congratulations! I have also applied, for the Design Innovation program. Still awaiting the decision

On 3/11/2016 at 6:51 AM, cpw0021 said:

Today was my last interview day--so happy to be done! 

For those who were wondering about CalArts: all the School of Arts programs at interviewed today. It's a really nice, school, I liked the vibe here more than SAIC. Everyone is very friendly and approachable. I was told we would find out as early as tomorrow, so we'll see how it works out! 

Did you hear back yet?

I did the skype interview a week ago and didn't hear anything until now -_-

Congrats to everybody who have been accepted! 

This is kind of off topic but I am curious if anyone has also applied to VSC or Skowhegan for this summer. Maybe another thread could be started for that as well? 

On 3/11/2016 at 0:44 PM, gtakaoka said:

bb123, can I ask how you found out that you were waitlisted at OSU? My application status has read "pending" forever and I'm going bonkers. I know acceptances went out, so no feeble hopes on my end, but I am bummed about being in limbo with zero word.

I found out I am waitlisted at OSU because I emailed them. Right now they have me at the number one seat on that list. They only accepted 3 people to the painting program this year and two of them have officially accepted. If you contact George Rush he might give you an idea of where you are on the list, he has been super friendly every time I've reached out to ask questions about the process. I hope that helps! Congrats on your acceptances, and good luck! 

1 hour ago, Tjarrells said:

Congrats to everybody who have been accepted! 

This is kind of off topic but I am curious if anyone has also applied to VSC or Skowhegan for this summer. Maybe another thread could be started for that as well? 

there's a thread for Skowhegan in the Waiting It Out forum.

I just did VSC in February! :)

Accepted to SAIC Painting and Drawing via mail!!!  No word on funding yet, but I'm so stoked.  

Also rejected to Tyler via mail, but I'm not exactly sure when the letter came in. They sent it to my parent's house and it sat unopened on the kitchen table for a few weeks, haha. 

3 hours ago, cpw0021 said:

there's a thread for Skowhegan in the Waiting It Out forum.

I just did VSC in February! :)

Oh great! I saw the thread for last year but not the new one. I've met a few people who have been to VSC and hear it is awesome. I'm really hoping I can get another residency under my belt before heading to Grad school. 

On 2016年3月12日 at 0:44 PM, ChrisPW said:

Got accepted to SFAI's MFA program earlier this evening! Ayeeeee.

Congratulations! 

I got their offer as well. Are your familiar with this school or do you have any friends attended there before? I have some difficulties with finding detail informations about this school, especially their teacher student ratio in MFA, facilities quality and post-graduate (career related) information. 

Thanks a lot and we may be classmates this fall.

20 hours ago, Tjarrells said:

Oh great! I saw the thread for last year but not the new one. I've met a few people who have been to VSC and hear it is awesome. I'm really hoping I can get another residency under my belt before heading to Grad school. 

I attended VSC about a year and a half ago and it was fantastic. Definitely one of my favorite residencies so far (: 

On 3/10/2016 at 0:45 PM, Ms000 said:

Hey guys! 

Has anyone heard from Cornell MFA photography yet?

Haven't heard from photo, but have heard from painting. I will say though they notified over 2 weeks ago and if you haven't heard anything at all its probably not a good sign. 

On March 3, 2016 at 9:18 AM, icw said:

Guess what camera monster me too!  Im waitlisted. I am viewing this as a learning experience-we will be better equipped for next time. I am considering it a small victory.:) Good luck wit your Bard interview. keep posted.

A update.

I got admission to PSU program with about half tuition remission.

ICP-Bard interview went well so hopefully I will hear from them this week.

** Updated List **

Applied to:

Minnesota - Waitlisted 2/1

Yale (Painting) - Interview 3/4 - Rejection 3/12

Tyler (Fiber) - Interview 1/27

NYU - Interview 2/26 

VCU (Sculpture) - Rejection 3/3

Cranbrook (Sculpture) - Interview 3/11 - Will not attend if accepted (Was not happy with the studio situation)

Main College of Art - Interview 2/12 - Accepted 2/26

13 hours ago, LAPHYSICS said:

Haven't heard from photo, but have heard from painting. I will say though they notified over 2 weeks ago and if you haven't heard anything at all its probably not a good sign.