MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

First time posting, Hello all. I applied to Ceramics to:

Ohio State : nothing Yet 

Penn State : they said they have made a decision and are waiting on the department to contact me. don't know what that means.

UCCON : nothing yet

FAU : nothing yet 

Longtime lurker here - and just wanted to wish you all the best of luck! I will be a first time applicant in the Fall and I feel like I have learned so much reading about the process for all of you. 

Also, if anyone has any knowledge or opinions about Anderson Ranch - I'd love to hear them. I recently was rejected for the Residency program, but offered the President's Scholarship for workshops and not sure if that's really a worthwhile option. 

1 hour ago, trapnado said:

Hey guys

interviewed with Yale March 3 and Columbia March 4. Rejected from UCLA. 

Accepted at Columbia. Just got the call tonight. 

Congrats!! 

Do you think that's where you'll go?

I interviewed with them like 2 weeks ago.  Haven't heard anything yet though.

1 hour ago, WaitingInLimbo said:

hey, anyone hear anything from Georgia state? It's the last school I am waiting on... dying to know if anyone has heard anything. So far three rejections and one wait list.

3 hours ago, trapnado said:

Hey guys

hey congrats, that was super quick!  How do you think your Yale interview went?  Do you already know which one you prefer?

Got my phone call from UPenn yesterday, accepted! Will be attending if the funding is right because I don't plan on paying for grad school. This is my dream program so fingers crossed! 

Make up SAIC Printmedia Interview Tuesday!

9 hours ago, Alment said:

hey congrats, that was super quick!  How do you think your Yale interview went?  Do you already know which one you prefer?

Yale interview went great. 

Still have to interview with Hunter. 

I'm going to make a pros and cons list if it comes down to multiple schools. 

13 hours ago, trapnado said:

Hey guys

Has anyone from photo or other departments heard yet?  Painting always seems to be a little ahead of schedule.

11 hours ago, bwd2109 said:

I interviewed with them like 2 weeks ago.  Haven't heard anything yet though.

Aw man, they do interviews? I haven't heard anything from them at all so I'm guessing that's another rejection for me.

14 hours ago, oneagain said:

Has anyone from photo or other departments heard yet?  Painting always seems to be a little ahead of schedule.

I applied to UCLA's MFA photography discipline and received my rejection notification Thursday morning. I talked to the chair of the department of my BFA alma mater a couple of years ago about UCLA's photo department, and he told me that they admit only three students per year, which would be very crazily-selective if true.

6 minutes ago, ChrisPW said:

I applied to UCLA's MFA photography discipline and received my rejection notification Thursday morning. I talked to the chair of the department of my BFA alma mater a couple of years ago about UCLA's photo department, and he told me that they admit only three students per year, which would be very crazily-selective if true.

yes that's true

8 hours ago, ChrisPW said:

It's the same situation with many of the most sought after programs - they seem to all take 5 people or less per discipline.  I was actually talking specifically about Columbia - paging @photo and @marg37!

On March 6, 2016 at 8:08 PM, trapnado said:

Hey guys

Congratulations! Does anyone know if all the calls for painting went out? Or if they do it over the course of several days? I called the admissions office but they said they didnt know the status regarding acceptances. I feel like they would make the calls on the same day seeing as how few accepted students are..

On 3/6/2016 at 1:04 AM, AKW94 said:

Got my phone call from UPenn yesterday, accepted! Will be attending if the funding is right because I don't plan on paying for grad school. This is my dream program so fingers crossed! 

Make up SAIC Printmedia Interview Tuesday!

Congratulations! That's great about UPenn. Did you get any information on funding in your phone call? I've heard from current students that funding opportunities aren't great, but who knows. I get the sense that it's a dialogue / negotiating process for the next few weeks.

I still think it's hilarious that I got notified by email and not by phone, presumably because they don't have a long distance plan for Canada - hah!

Thanks @cpw0021! I had a pretty good experience interviewing with Sculpture at SAIC, so it's going to be a tough choice.

On another note - is anything thinking of attending any of the "open house" or "admitted students" days coming up for various schools in April? I think it would help in making a final decision, but it's an expensive trip - is it customary for some schools to cover expenses for these trips once admitted?

Edited by headinspace

Just now, cpw0021 said:

Just got an email that I've been accepted to the Photo department at SAIC and as a "writing fellow,"no word on funding. Surprised to have been accepted by that department, honestly. 

Congratulations!  I was just accepted as well.

Another longtime lurker here!

Has anyone heard from SAIC Fiber yet? I had a skype interview on the 17th and was told to expect a call around the 5th. I could see that they were viewing my portfolio (oh vimeo stats, the cause of so much anxiety!) this weekend but still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to freak out a little!

18 minutes ago, DaisyMc said:

Another longtime lurker here!

Has anyone heard from SAIC Fiber yet? I had a skype interview on the 17th and was told to expect a call around the 5th. I could see that they were viewing my portfolio (oh vimeo stats, the cause of so much anxiety!) this weekend but still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to freak out a little!

I interviewed in person and haven't heard anything. On the interview day they said they would be meeting Saturday March 5th to make decisions. They said if you're accepted you can expect to hear back sometime this week(7th-11th).