MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

have any painters heard from UCLA yet on here?  I'm getting a little foggy on whats truly happening haha... I feel like some people got some phone calls from UCLA painting asking some weird questions but weren't notified of any decisions?  Did anyone get a rejection/ acceptance from UCLA for painting?

13 minutes ago, Alment said:

have any painters heard from UCLA yet on here?  I'm getting a little foggy on whats truly happening haha... I feel like some people got some phone calls from UCLA painting asking some weird questions but weren't notified of any decisions?  Did anyone get a rejection/ acceptance from UCLA for painting?

yeah i mean last year i didnt get a rejection till about march 10th, and it seemed this way for everyone, not just based on the department.  I could be wrong, or maybe they switched it up, but who knows.

For those of you that applied to UT Austin, you will probably be hearing something soon. I got my official email today to check my status on the site today. I already knew I didn't get in though since I didn't even get an interview. Good luck everyone! And congrats to all of you getting those acceptances!

12 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

I still have the UCLA "to date no decision has been made" information.

Where do you see this information? My application status says just "Submitted" (

Did anyone else interview with MICA Mt. Royal? I interviewed with them on Friday and it was a strange experience but left me more excited about the program than I was before. Does anyone have any experience with Mount Royal on a campus visit or former MICA student? Feel free to message me!

if anyone cares

-Southern Illinois University wants to interview me in person for a GA-ship-anyone know if schools pay for travel expenses for MFA applicants? Cool Opportunity though-its exciting.

17 minutes ago, icw said:

if anyone cares

-Southern Illinois University wants to interview me in person for a GA-ship-anyone know if schools pay for travel expenses for MFA applicants? Cool Opportunity though-its exciting.

The only school I've had cover expenses is UCI. 

3 minutes ago, Cameramosnter300 said:

Rejected from UCLA photo program as well as of this morning.

Interview at ICP-Bard this weekend!

Congrats on ICP-Bard! Brilliant program.

6 hours ago, sstout84 said:

I'm only not assuming rejection because I haven't seen anything about people receiving word of any kind from Rutgers. Their application deadline was also slightly later, so maybe that has something to do with it? Hoping they're just really slow.

The other schools I applied to were Bard and Hunter. Bard was a no and I am interviewing with Hunter March 12.

I know they already sent out the first round of rejection letters a few weeks ago, but we'll see. Good luck with Hunter!

Does Temple interview everyone before acceptance, or do they ever accept some students without interviewing? I got an update saying I have missing financial aid documents holding up my award from being finalized.. I had presumed rejection because I hadn't heard about an interview, and now I am just not sure what to think.

2 hours ago, Laceybug said:

Does Temple interview everyone before acceptance, or do they ever accept some students without interviewing? I got an update saying I have missing financial aid documents holding up my award from being finalized.. I had presumed rejection because I hadn't heard about an interview, and now I am just not sure what to think.

I had thought Temple interviewed everybody. They conducted interviews for the painting department the second week of February. Who knows though, they've been pretty aloof this entire process. I wish you the best of luck! 

7 hours ago, jennaleigh26 said:

Congrats! Did you apply for financial aid through FAFSA yet? If not, I would get that in ASAP.

Thank you! And I haven't yet. . . I got full funding at the other programs I applied to and didn't expect to get into Tyler at all. They are offering me a half TA right now with a pretty decent stipend. It looks like all their grants and fellowship deadlines passed in February too. I am just worried because I put myself through undergrad on federal loans and really don't want to take on even more for grad school. I had told myself I wouldn't go somewhere that didn't provide full funding but now that I got into my top choice it's pretty hard to turn away from that. 

4 hours ago, icw said:

Just got an email back. They do not cover expenses at all- I don't think i can afford that plane ticket 

Will they let you skype instead? 

4 hours ago, icw said:

Just got an email back. They do not cover expenses at all- I don't think i can afford that plane ticket 

Who did you interview with at Portland State? Also applied to the Studio Practice program..