Declining 2016

psm1580b

On 3/2/2016 at 11:06 PM, Ulixes said:

Any idea how high up you are? I haven't asked if they've got a ranking, but it seems like they do ('very high' is what I've heard, but I've no idea if that means in the top three, four, five, etc.).

Somehow this slipped by me. Sorry.

I've been told that I'm in the middle of the quasi-ranked waitlist. I was also told that applicants have received an offer from my spot and lower. 

8 minutes ago, Ulixes said:

If we get in, we should start a analytic theology reading group (if I recall, you're from Biola)!

I would really enjoy that. However, I'm still on the fence as to what I should pursue, as there are professional reasons for not pursuing analytic theology and philosophy of religion. If the market weren't as terrible as it is, I would be more confident to pursue those interests. In any case, I would enjoy a reading group, to be sure.

Edited by Dialectica

35 minutes ago, currentphilgrad said:

Please, if you're accepted at Indiana HPS or WashU, decline sooner rather than later. I would really love to take your spot :)

I don't think Indiana HPS has really made decisions yet.

35 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

I don't think Indiana HPS has really made decisions yet.

They've made all of their decisions, but their funding packages get approved one-by-one. Everyone is in the same acceptance pool (WL'd) and offered acceptances as funding packages are approved. 

Something like that. But we all got the same email back on the 2nd of Feb.

I will probably be declining Arizona but I can't do so until close to the April 15 deadline because I'm still in the dark about my funding situation at other schools and am also on several waitlists. So, if you're on the Arizona waitlist and you're counting on it, I'm sorry I won't be able to decide right now but there will be a huge possibility that I will be declining (I'm posting this for the sake of the post on the results page asking if anyone's planning on declining Arizona).

7 hours ago, janeaude said:

I will probably be declining Arizona but I can't do so until close to the April 15 deadline because I'm still in the dark about my funding situation at other schools and am also on several waitlists. So, if you're on the Arizona waitlist and you're counting on it, I'm sorry I won't be able to decide right now but there will be a huge possibility that I will be declining (I'm posting this for the sake of the post on the results page asking if anyone's planning on declining Arizona).

It's cool! That wasn't me on the results pg, but I'm going down to April 15th anyway bc of my various WLs, so just wanted to say I understand. 

I also just declined GSU. I got the Kant/Post-Kantian German Philosophy Fellowship, so that will go to someone else as well. I'd love to know who it goes to, but I feel that's like keeping in touch with the baby you gave up for adoption. 

Declined Simon Fraser and Loyola Chicago. Removed myself from Notre Dame's and Johns Hopkins' wait lists. Will decline 2 of the following by the end up the month after I've visited: UC-Irvine, OSU, and Pittsburgh. Trying to keep things moving for those of us on wait lists. I'm waitlisted at UCSD and Cornell and will wait to hear back from them. My main AOI is Kant's theoretical philosophy and Leibniz.

Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by cmoney47