Declining 2016

psm1580b

20 minutes ago, cmoney47 said:

Declined Simon Fraser and Loyola Chicago. Removed myself from Notre Dame's and Johns Hopkins' wait lists. Will decline 2 of the following by the end up the month after I've visited: UC-Irvine, OSU, and Pittsburgh. Trying to keep things moving for those of us on wait lists. I'm waitlisted at UCSD and Cornell and will wait to hear back from them. My main AOI is Kant's theoretical philosophy and Leibniz.

Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks a lot!  It's great to know you removed yourself from ND's wl. Hope to see more good news here!

40 minutes ago, cmoney47 said:

Declined Simon Fraser and Loyola Chicago. Removed myself from Notre Dame's and Johns Hopkins' wait lists. Will decline 2 of the following by the end up the month after I've visited: UC-Irvine, OSU, and Pittsburgh. Trying to keep things moving for those of us on wait lists. I'm waitlisted at UCSD and Cornell and will wait to hear back from them. My main AOI is Kant's theoretical philosophy and Leibniz.

Another Kantian, hey! What are you top choices?

14 minutes ago, AnotherKantFan said:

Another Kantian, hey! What are you top choices?

Not having visited anywhere, Cornell would probably be my top choice but, restricted to my actual offers, my top choice would probably be Pittsburgh. But my view might change after my visits which is why I'm not going to eliminate any more choices until after I visit (before the end of March!).

53 minutes ago, cmoney47 said:

Not having visited anywhere, Cornell would probably be my top choice but, restricted to my actual offers, my top choice would probably be Pittsburgh. But my view might change after my visits which is why I'm not going to eliminate any more choices until after I visit (before the end of March!).

Correct! Best of luck - and patience - during the decision making process! :) 

11 hours ago, AnonymousMonad said:

Oh dear I hope you decline the OSU offer because...B)

On 3/12/2016 at 11:37 AM, AnonymousMonad said:

How do you know you're waitlisted at Cornell? did you email them? I still haven't heard from them.

Who's trying to decline Brandeis? C'mon now, I know yall not trying to pay that money. Just send an email saying "Thanks but no thanks," and then mention in passing that you couldn't possibly take a spot away from the great and magnificent Schwarzwald, and that they'd be mistaken not to extend an offer to him. 

11 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Who's trying to decline Brandeis? C'mon now, I know yall not trying to pay that money. Just send an email saying "Thanks but no thanks," and then mention in passing that you couldn't possibly take a spot away from the great and magnificent Schwarzwald, and that they'd be mistaken not to extend an offer to him. 

My declining Brandeis is contingent on getting off at least one of my PhD wait lists; so I hope for both our sakes this happens! 

3 hours ago, WVE said:

My declining Brandeis is contingent on getting off at least one of my PhD wait lists; so I hope for both our sakes this happens! 

2 hours ago, SMB123 said:

@Schwarzwald I'm probably going to decline, but not until I visit my other option (end of March). Sorry I can't any sooner, but I hope you get my spot if I do decline!

Thank you kind friends!

I am very interested to hear if any UC Davis acceptances are planning to (or even think they might) decline. Anyone...? I was told that I am near the top of the wait list and it seems unlikely that every single acceptance will take their offer?  

• 2 weeks later...