Declining 2016

psm1580b

After a few days of tough deliberation, I just declined UC-Irvine and OSU. That means I've declined all my actual offers except for Pittsburgh. However, I am still waitlisted at UCSD and Cornell and I will wait those out before accepting Pitts' offer. That means that if I do turn down Pitt, it's likely that it won't be until very close to April 15. But I've done my best to make a decision on the options I do have in a timely manner.

Best of luck, everyone!

Edited by AnonymousMonad

2 hours ago, AnonymousMonad said:

After a few days of tough deliberation, I just declined UC-Irvine and OSU. That means I've declined all my actual offers except for Pittsburgh. However, I am still waitlisted at UCSD and Cornell and I will wait those out before accepting Pitts' offer. That means that if I do turn down Pitt, it's likely that it won't be until very close to April 15. But I've done my best to make a decision on the options I do have in a timely manner.

Best of luck, everyone!

What are your AOIs by the way?

Edited by panpsychist

8 hours ago, dgswaim said:

Removed myself from consideration at Indiana HPS.

I would make out with you so hard rn guy/girl tongue/no tongue doesn't even matter

Also, who are you most interested in working with at Utah? 

Edited by psm1580b

58 minutes ago, psm1580b said:

I would make out with you so hard rn guy/girl tongue/no tongue doesn't even matter

Also, who are you most interested in working with at Utah? 

Ha!

Mainly Matt Haber, Jim Tabery, and Jonah Schupbach. But they have a bunch of cool people doing stuff related to what I'm doing (Stephen Downes, Melinda Fagan, Anne Peterson, Dustin Stokes, Miriam Thalos), which is a big part of the appeal. The resources are quite deep. Plus, they really emphasize developing teaching expertise in addition to research, which is huge given the current market.

I'm still waiting for a spot at ND, and I'd be able to help some people out in three other programs if I got the spot at ND.  More people to decline ND's offer or remove from their waitlist because of better offers?